Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raptors assistant Nick Nurse promoted to teamís new head coach

Maybe Raptors fans can tell us if this is good or bad but I always felt you guys needed a more veteran coach.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Maybe Raptors fans can tell us if this is good or bad but I always felt you guys needed a more veteran coach.
    Dwayne Casey is a veteran coach. Dude has tons of experience. Itís just that your team wonít get too far when Lowry and DeRozan are your 2 best players

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Dwayne Casey is a veteran coach. Dude has tons of experience. Itís just that your team wonít get too far when Lowry and DeRozan are your 2 best players
    He is but that playoffs coaching was horrific. I saw Love demolish their small lineup play after play and Casey made zero adjustments to it. IMO, Raptors #1 assignment should have been trading Lowry or DeRozan and then seeing if Casey is the coach they want. No matter who they replace as the coach, I doubt they will go far with Lowry/DeRozan.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt:32392069
    He was given the most credit for the Raptors new offense last season and is known for his offensive creativity.

He also previewed the Rockets 3 point heavy offense we see today when he was coaching their G-League team a few years back.

I'm not sure what to think of this decision to be honest. However, he's definitely qualified.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

I just hope he actually draws up a play when we call a timeout.

I think they needed fresh blood.

Maybe he can Nurse the Raptors back to health after the beat down the Cavs gave them..

Sounds like a guy that should coach the Raptors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Obviously, I can't speak for the rest of the fanbase, but I hate this move. The Raptors probably had their most embarrassing season in the past 5 years after they got their A**es handed to them by Lebron and the Cavs, as a 1 seed, who won 59 games.... against a Cavs team that was probably the weakest team that James has led since 2007. Every single one of their opponents in this years playoffs were able to win at least 3 games against this Cavs team, and you're telling me that this near 60 win team, wasn't able to win a single game? This is the 3rd straight year you've seen this team, you should be used to the plays they run, but game by game they got picked apart. Yes, the players sucked, but the coaching was also subpar. Regardless of who you blame of the key guys, NOBODY deserves to be promoted after this choke of a year, even if Nurse might be the best case of all of them.

I wanted them to bring in someone from San Antonio (Messina, Harmon), or go look for a guy who was a hardened playoff coach (E.g. Van Gundys) who could better keep the guys composure during the harshness of the playoffs. Now I could be 100% wrong about Nurse, but I'm sorry if it's hard for me to think that a guy who was already a significant part of the current, under performing culture, will be able to change it into a rigid winning one.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Should attract big name free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Obviously, I can't speak for the rest of the fanbase, but I hate this move. The Raptors probably had their most embarrassing season in the past 5 years after they got their A**es handed to them by Lebron and the Cavs, as a 1 seed, who won 59 games.... against a Cavs team that was probably the weakest team that James has led since 2007. Every single one of their opponents in this years playoffs were able to win at least 3 games against this Cavs team, and you're telling me that this near 60 win team, wasn't able to win a single game? This is the 3rd straight year you've seen this team, you should be used to the plays they run, but game by game they got picked apart. Yes, the players sucked, but the coaching was also subpar. Regardless of who you blame of the key guys, NOBODY deserves to be promoted after this choke of a year, even if Nurse might be the best case of all of them.

I wanted them to bring in someone from San Antonio (Messina, Harmon), or go look for a guy who was a hardened playoff coach (E.g. Van Gundys) who could better keep the guys composure during the harshness of the playoffs. Now I could be 100% wrong about Nurse, but I'm sorry if it's hard for me to think that a guy who was already a significant part of the current, under performing culture, will be able to change it into a rigid winning one.
    I like it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Good move. New school type thinking

Despite a largely successful partnership during their time together with the Toronto Raptors, Dwane Casey and Nick Nurse might be happier they'll reside in different cities next season.

In a report from Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, league sources say the newly minted head coaches - Nurse with Toronto and Casey with the Detroit Pistons - haven't been on good terms since Casey was let go by the Raptors on May 11 before Nurse's promotion to the top spot. One source even went as far as to say, "No love lost between 'em."

Another source suggested that due to the presence of the defensive-minded Casey and defensive coordinator Rex Kalamian, Nurse's offensive ideas weren't given a chance to be fully heard and implemented despite him leading Toronto's switch to a more pass-heavy motion offense this past season.

Nurse's supporters also apparently believe that along with his offense-first mindset, he'll hold players accountable in ways Casey could not, according to Feschuk.

Despite being the man who gave Nurse his first gig on an NBA bench, Casey's new role as head coach of the Pistons just across the border - and the apparently frayed relationship between the two - could add a little juice to the regional rivalry.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1557284
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Nurse coached the D-League team here in Iowa for a few years, I think '07-'11. He won a D-League championship with one of his squads. So, I don't know if that does anything for ya but he's had success in college, D-League as head coach, and NBA as assistant coach thus far. Seems like a qualified move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast