Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YungTomat View Post
    Other than Manny going anywhere, how about Donaldson? I think the Braves could get him if they really want, but the Cardinals could also get him. Personally, I'd rather see him go to the Dodgers. Turner has experience all over the infield and is very versatile. Instead of relinquishing a lot of prospects for Manny, they could get Donaldson for much cheaper and plug him in at third and move Turner to either shortstop to push Chris Taylor to the outfield or move him to second, as Joc has started to heat up and could play more and keep Taylor at short while replacing the subpar play at second.
    The problem with that is that the Jays need to get a prospect back for Donaldson that is equivalent to what they would get with a qualifying offer. If the calf injuries have so badly damaged his value for this season, they can pull Donaldson off the market and hit him with the QO. Then they either get the draft choice, or they roll him out next year and hope he builds value off that. Donaldson is likely desperate to hit free agency without any strings attached given his age, but the Jays hold all the cards here.

jacob degrom to the yankees for austin romine, jonathan loaisiga and jacoby ellsbury

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The problem with that is that the Jays need to get a prospect back for Donaldson that is equivalent to what they would get with a qualifying offer. If the calf injuries have so badly damaged his value for this season, they can pull Donaldson off the market and hit him with the QO. Then they either get the draft choice, or they roll him out next year and hope he builds value off that. Donaldson is likely desperate to hit free agency without any strings attached given his age, but the Jays hold all the cards here.
    Yeah, that's an incredibly valid point. I think that the Jays should look to trade him for multiple prospects as opposed to letting him walk for one. This was the same case I made for the Royals last year with Hos, Mous, and Cain. The Jays are different than the Royals, however. They have the best prospect duo in Vlad Jr and Bichette, but beyond that, they have a relatively thin farm. They should trade Donaldson for either a top prospect and one or two kickers, or they can look for a J.D.-type return where they don't get lots of huge talents, but they get multiple players who can end up contributing at some point. I think we can all agree that Donaldson has more trade value than J.D., even if he's been struggling and J.D. was at a huge high point last year upon being traded, so the return for him should be closer to Darvish or even David Price.

Going with what you said, the Jays could trade him to a team like the Indians (could either put him at DH, slide Edwin to first, or the more plausible if a trade this crazy happened, keep him at third and move Ramirez to the outfield, seeing as he's so versatile) and get someone like Triston McKenzie or Bradley Zimmer in return, both of whom are talents that are probably better than what they could get from a QO. But I did forget about the comp pick, that adds another consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    Interesting team to watch will be the Twins. They're barely hanging around in the AL Central and the Indians could legitimately take off and win 10 in a row to create some real separation. I think the Twins have some interesting pieces to sell off.

Eduardo Escobar- FA to be. Hitting the snot out of the ball. Leads the bigs in XBH. Plays pretty meh defense at SS, but his bat makes up for it. He's not a guy who the Twins would give a qualifying offer so if they can flip him for prospects I think they would.

Brian Dozier- FA to be. He isn't hitting well, but has a strong track record.

Joe Mauer- FA to be. he can still get on base, but that's about it. Seems unlikely to be moved and if he is, probably and August deal.

Lance Lynn- FA to be. He hasn't been very good, but has a good track record. Probably another guy who would possibly get moved in August if anything

Zach Duke- FA to be. Veteran lefty with solid track record having a pretty good season. If they decide to sell he's certainly someone who would go. He's on a cheap deal too.

Fernando Rodney- team option with 250k buyout for next year. He's been ok this season.

Kyle gibson and Jake Odorizzi- somewhat useful SP who are under control through 2019. If they decide to sell I'm sure they'd be willing to listen.
    Escobar is on pace for 75 doubles, which would break a damn near 90 year old record by 8. No player has even hit 60 since the 30s. Crazy *** pace he's on.

Yankees should empty the farm for Noah Syn and Jacob Degrom in a massive trade. Sheffield, Adams, Loaisiga, Austin, Drury, florial, McKinney, Frazier offer it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    Yankees should empty the farm for Noah Syn and Jacob Degrom in a massive trade. Sheffield, Adams, Loaisiga, Austin, Drury, florial, McKinney, Frazier offer it all.
    That seems like way too much for deGrom. As good a pitcher as he is, the Yankees don't have to give up most of their top prospects for a pitcher they'd only have for two and a half years. Even if most of those prospects don't have a chance to contribute to the team in those two and a half years, the Yankees could use them to make some trades down the road. Furthermore, a deGrom trade would have to include quality prospects, not just giving up multiple above average prospects. A better trade would be Andujar, Frazier, Adams, and another filler player.

That seems like way too much for deGrom. As good a pitcher as he is, the Yankees don't have to give up most of their top prospects for a pitcher they'd only have for two and a half years. Even if most of those prospects don't have a chance to contribute to the team in those two and a half years, the Yankees could use them to make some trades down the road. Furthermore, a deGrom trade would have to include quality prospects, not just giving up multiple above average prospects. A better trade would be Andujar, Frazier, Adams, and another filler player.
    He said deGrom and Syndergaard. Even then, I donít make that trade.

In the same post you said its to much for Degrom and then said its not enough quality for Degrom

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    He said deGrom and Syndergaard. Even then, I donít make that trade.
    If you're the mets or Yankees ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    If you're the mets or Yankees ?
    Mets. Any trade that involves Syndergaard or deGrom starts with Andujar or Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Escobar is on pace for 75 doubles, which would break a damn near 90 year old record by 8. No player has even hit 60 since the 30s. Crazy *** pace he's on.
    It's going to be really fun to watch him finish out the season on the Brewers

Gleybar batting .235 in June with 4 BB/21K. Let's not put too much emphasis on the start of a player's career (.340 mid-May). Bad players start well. Good players start poorly.

Okay so far still a bit better than Rosario, but I don't think Torres' long term potential is really any better or worse than Rosario's from how they have performed. Can't begin to predict which one will have the better career.

Gleybar got off to a great start and now Mets fans have Gleybar envy. They shouldn't.

^ Rosario sucks. Gleyber whether heís slumping or not is the better all around player and seems to actually be ready for the big leagues.

Mkay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Gleybar batting .235 in June with 4 BB/21K. Let's not put too much emphasis on the start of a player's career (.340 mid-May). Bad players start well. Good players start poorly.

Okay so far still a bit better than Rosario, but I don't think Torres' long term potential is really any better or worse than Rosario's from how they have performed. Can't begin to predict which one will have the better career.

Gleybar got off to a great start and now Mets fans have Gleybar envy. They shouldn't.
    Non-contextual, mindless numbering.

How many of his at-bats have you watched?

What would you like to bet me personally that he wins ROY? Ill put anything you like in my sig if he doesn't. You can get creative and cruel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast