Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    What from the Phillies is required for them to land Machado?
    Orioles seem to always want/need pitching and outside of Sixto, I'd part with just about any in the system. I wouldn't love to do it since it's a half year rental and I don't believe the Phillies are in serious contention right now even with Machado.

As of March, minor league ball had the phillies as the 4th best system, Mayo has them 5th. They have roughly 6 top 100 prospects (Sixto, Kingery, Crawford, Medina, Moniak, Hasely.) Not sure I'm loving most of those right now outside Medina and Sixto and I said this in the Phillies section, I wouldn't give up Kingery just yet even with his struggles. That contract could be an absolute steal and even if he doesn't pan out that's an incredibly affordable contract. I'd be upset if they dealt Kingery for Machado unless it was for Kingery plus a low level guy. And, yes, I do know how good Machado is but for the Phillies, I wouldn't do that right now.

I'd be willing to do Franco, Hasely/Moniak, Kilome/Suarez, and Cozens. That might be light, but I'm not willing to do much more with me not thinking the Phillies will compete much and that they can get him next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Friend of mine is friends with AJ Puk, and Puk and Stanton have the same agent. Agent told Puk that the Yankees are looking to trade Stanton+ to the Nationals for Harper.
    Stanton had no trade clause he isnt waiving it unless to the dodgers most likely

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Stanton had no trade clause he isnt waiving it unless to the dodgers most likely
    Also true
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

what yall think about this trade

Braves: SP Cole Hamels and LP Jake Diekman

Rangers: 3B Austin Riley, SP Touki Toussaint and SP Tucker Davidson

I think the rangers need to look for a future 3b since its Beltre last year and get a couple of quality starting pitchers, I dont see the rangers getting any of the top Braves pitchers

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what yall think about this trade

Braves: SP Cole Hamels and LP Jake Diekman

Rangers: 3B Austin Riley, SP Touki Toussaint and SP Tucker Davidson

I think the rangers need to look for a future 3b since its Beltre last year and get a couple of quality starting pitchers, I dont see the rangers getting any of the top Braves pitchers
    I think that's too much for Hamels, in my opinion. He wasn't good last year, hasn't been good this year, plus will be owed ~$10M at the time of the deadline.

I know his ERA is a nice 3.86, but his peripherals are pretty bad- 5.37 FIP, 4.28 xFIP, and is nearly allowing two home runs per nine innings (1.93 HR/9).

I don't see the Rangers getting that much for him.

so u dont think the rangers can get a top 100 prospect for hamels, that is what they got for darvish and it was about the same stats, I think u are totally undervaluing hamels

what u think the Braves would get for him and one of the rangers relievers

so u dont think the rangers can get a top 100 prospect for hamels, that is what they got for darvish and it was about the same stats, I think u are totally undervaluing hamels
    No, I don't think they get a top 100 prospect.

Darvish was better and not coming off a mediocre season.

Definitely not undervaluing him. His stats say he hasn't been good and he's owed a good chunk of money. That's not a formula for acquiring a top prospect.

what u think the Braves would get for him and one of the rangers relievers
    I don't know exactly, but something in the range of a mid level prospect or two at best for Hamels.

My preferences for the Brewers in order:

1) Machado. They could make a huge upgrade at SS. Arcia hasn't hit worth a lick so far and is basically like having two pitchers hitting back to back. His swing is a mess and hasn't hit much hard all season. Machado can play passable defense and really bolster the line up which has been just ok for the Brewers so far. No other SS potentially available would provide a big enough upside to warrant acquisition.

2) Ramos. Catcher has been an offensive hole as well. I like what Pina does behind the plate, but last year's surprising offensive production doesn't seem likely to repeat. Ramos would provide a decent offensive boost while still providing good defense. Another catcher to go into a time share with Pina would make sense too even if they don't land Ramos.

3) A reliever. Not a huge preference in who, but a guy like Stammen or Yates would make sense to give the Brewers a little more depth in the middle innings of the bullpen.

4) JA Happ. Obviously the Brewers rotation is pretty mediocre. Guerra and Chacin have both been better than expected. Suter has been about what they probably expected. they'll need Davies and Anderson to bounce back if they want to stay in contention. The reason why i have a starter 4th on my list is none of the guys available are surefire upgrades over their internal options. They also have top prospects in AAA Woodruff, Peralta, and Burnes who all could pitch some important innings down the stretch

5) Merrifield. Villar has been pretty good in May-June after a slow start. If the Brewers want to make a play for a longer term improvement Merrifield makes sense. They've been tied to him in the past, have a need for an offensive upgrade, and could move Villar into a more utility role which would be an upgrade over Perez who currently fills that role. I don't think this is very likely, but would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I really hope we can get something for Happ and/or JD. All our other pieces are pretty worthless.
    I disagree. While they may not fetch the price of those two, Smoak, Solarte, Clippard, Oh and Estrada (if he can repeat yesterday's performance) can all add prospects to the farm for us.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not to mention, if I'm the Mets I want Gleyber Torres who the Yankees will not part with and before Yankee fans call me nuts, remember deGrom is still under control for the next 2 and a half years. He's a top 5 SP in baseball this year and if you want to make multiple WS runs, there is a price to pay. deGrom is much better than Sonny Gray.

Sure, I'll take Florial+ as well but I dont see the Mets and Yankees making a trade of that magnitude.
    What would you want from the Dodgers? This includes guys in the minors who aren't prospects like Urias or Andrew Toles, Brock Stewart.
    I'd say Walker Buehler is the only one off limits but that's because were using him in the rotation now.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Orioles seem to always want/need pitching and outside of Sixto, I'd part with just about any in the system. I wouldn't love to do it since it's a half year rental and I don't believe the Phillies are in serious contention right now even with Machado.

As of March, minor league ball had the phillies as the 4th best system, Mayo has them 5th. They have roughly 6 top 100 prospects (Sixto, Kingery, Crawford, Medina, Moniak, Hasely.) Not sure I'm loving most of those right now outside Medina and Sixto and I said this in the Phillies section, I wouldn't give up Kingery just yet even with his struggles. That contract could be an absolute steal and even if he doesn't pan out that's an incredibly affordable contract. I'd be upset if they dealt Kingery for Machado unless it was for Kingery plus a low level guy. And, yes, I do know how good Machado is but for the Phillies, I wouldn't do that right now.

I'd be willing to do Franco, Hasely/Moniak, Kilome/Suarez, and Cozens. That might be light, but I'm not willing to do much more with me not thinking the Phillies will compete much and that they can get him next year.
    Rumors from the Cubs/Orioles talks were that the Orioles wanted major league pieces, and were also looking to fill Machado's void at SS with Addison Russell. Kingery is probably high on their list, because Mountcastle doesn't profile at SS anymore, Jomar Reyes has fallen off as a prospect in our system, and the last two drafts have been pitcher heavy. While I disagree with this approach, Kingery could very well get the deal done for Machado.

Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    My preferences for the Brewers in order:

1) Machado. They could make a huge upgrade at SS. Arcia hasn't hit worth a lick so far and is basically like having two pitchers hitting back to back. His swing is a mess and hasn't hit much hard all season. Machado can play passable defense and really bolster the line up which has been just ok for the Brewers so far. No other SS potentially available would provide a big enough upside to warrant acquisition.

2) Ramos. Catcher has been an offensive hole as well. I like what Pina does behind the plate, but last year's surprising offensive production doesn't seem likely to repeat. Ramos would provide a decent offensive boost while still providing good defense. Another catcher to go into a time share with Pina would make sense too even if they don't land Ramos.

3) A reliever. Not a huge preference in who, but a guy like Stammen or Yates would make sense to give the Brewers a little more depth in the middle innings of the bullpen.

4) JA Happ. Obviously the Brewers rotation is pretty mediocre. Guerra and Chacin have both been better than expected. Suter has been about what they probably expected. they'll need Davies and Anderson to bounce back if they want to stay in contention. The reason why i have a starter 4th on my list is none of the guys available are surefire upgrades over their internal options. They also have top prospects in AAA Woodruff, Peralta, and Burnes who all could pitch some important innings down the stretch

5) Merrifield. Villar has been pretty good in May-June after a slow start. If the Brewers want to make a play for a longer term improvement Merrifield makes sense. They've been tied to him in the past, have a need for an offensive upgrade, and could move Villar into a more utility role which would be an upgrade over Perez who currently fills that role. I don't think this is very likely, but would be nice.
    The Orioles could also include Britton or Brach in a trade for Machado as well. Though I imagine that makes the price even more steep. What could the Brewers put together for a Machado package that could beat what the Cubs and Cardinals offer for him?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    What would you want from the Dodgers? This includes guys in the minors who aren't prospects like Urias or Andrew Toles, Brock Stewart.
    I'd say Walker Buehler is the only one off limits but that's because were using him in the rotation now.
    I want Buehler lol. I'm not thrilled with the Dodger's system btw. Urias being injured hurts his value. Keibert Ruiz is an interesting piece but not a guy who could headline a deal for deGrom.

Honestly I would rather have Brendan Rodgers from the Rockies or Hiura from the Brewers as better headliners.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I want Buehler lol. I'm not thrilled with the Dodger's system btw. Urias being injured hurts his value. Keibert Ruiz is an interesting piece but not a guy who could headline a deal for deGrom.

Honestly I would rather have Brendan Rodgers from the Rockies or Hiura from the Brewers as better headliners.
    Urias will be back mid season and there are questions about Buhlers stamina as a starter. Also, were using him and he's pitching really well, that's not a trade that makes sense right now, because we'd be exchange a guy who's pitching well + other stuff for a guy who's pitching well with less control.

Take a look at Dennis Santana's numbers so far, dudes been filthy in the minors even though he hasn't been ranked.
    I think a trade built around Urias, Ruiz, one of the many ranked OF (your choice) and Santana is pretty fair value.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast