Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ohtani -- Tommy John?

He was diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain of his UCL, meaning the damage that was first reported prior to his signing has gotten significantly worse. Grade 3 is a complete tear of the ligament. He received another platelet rich plasma injection into his elbow and will be evaluated again in 3 weeks. He is not likely to pitch again until August at the earliest, unless a miraculous healing takes place, and only if this injection works. He is likely out for the remainder of the season and he may not be able to pitch again next year, either. If he concentrates on hitting, he could wear a brace and not risk further damage to his elbow and be back for most of next season as a DH.

I am not inherently an Angels fan but I am a huge Mike Trout fan and I am starting to think the Angels need a new spark from the bench to perhaps bring something new to the team. Everything has a shelf life including managers. This season and next to make a playoff run else I think Trout wont re-up with Angels. At some point he will feel the pressure of playing for a true contender. Would like to see him be a career Angel and end his hall of fame career in Anaheim.