Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dwayne Casey becomes new coach of Detroit Pistons

I think it's a good signing by the Pistons. Casey should be able to help deal with the issues in the Pistons Locker Room.

I'm interested to see how he works with his two best players being in the paint, opposite of the guards like he had here. I think he's going to love that they have a couple guys on the inside that can set other guys up. We never really had it here, which meant black hole for whoever gets it on the inside. Siakam looked like he was going to turn into that somewhat, but he's still growing.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

This is a good hire for a team clearly just trying to make the playoffs a few times after the Blake trade.

Dwayne Casey congrats for becoming a coach.I think this is a time of struggle that how much reliable possibilities occurs for your way of success,best of luck and keep working more than expectations for your team.

Never should have been fired by Toronto.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I like Casey and suspect he will do well, however I think Detroit should not have given up on SVG. This upcoming season would have been the final year of Van Gundy's deal and I just wouldn't have extended him. I would have made SVG play next season without an extension as a do or die season. Now, because he wasn't given that opportunity, the Pistons are going to let somebody else cash in on his work. This sort of things happens often in the NBA, and I'm never a fan of it.

Also, Casey should still be in Toronto. They completely scapegoated him. If anything, the Raptors should have traded DeRozan and Lowry and kept Casey. Without Casey, they still will have the same issues and not make it out of the East, let alone win the Finals.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-12-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Helluva mess to take on. That Blake contract handcuffs them for years

Casey has never coached a bad team to be a good one. Even with the last three years of winning 50+ games, his winning percentage still sits at 54.9%. I'm not a big fan of Casey as a head coach, especially for a team that really doesn't have a big time wing player.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Never should have been fired by Toronto.
    Why do you say that? He had terrible rotations and substitutions when Cavs clearly kept abusing their lineup and he's been in Toronto for what? Over 7 seasons? Sometimes things just have to change and I don't think this team really needs Casey anymore.

Gotta do a whole reboot, am I wrong?

You might be stuck with Reggie, but they gave sizable deals to role players. They all gotta go, maybe get one good player in return from a team looking to improve their bench, but not sure what teams have any space for such a thing. Maybe an even more-or-less cap swap is in order, still better to be paying one guy a lot than a bunch of meh players a lot.

You're stuck with Blake for years, so hopefully he stays healthy. Drummond is solid, but becoming extinct.

Not the most ideal situation to come into, but I guess it's a challenge.

Casey shoulda held out for a better job next year like OKC, Washington, Chicago, Minny etc-

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Casey has never coached a bad team to be a good one. Even with the last three years of winning 50+ games, his winning percentage still sits at 54.9%. I'm not a big fan of Casey as a head coach, especially for a team that really doesn't have a big time wing player.
    If the last 3 years were 50+, he was 7 years in Toronto, and his winning percentage is 54%, then he has in fact coached a bad team into a good one. He took over a 22 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If the last 3 years were 50+, he was 7 years in Toronto, and his winning percentage is 54%, then he has in fact coached a bad team into a good one. He took over a 22 win team.
    Hard to contribute that to just Casey. I would think a better overall roster/improved players have more to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Hard to contribute that to just Casey. I would think a better overall roster/improved players have more to do with it.
    Rosters change every year. If the coach gets no credit for going from 22 wins to 59 wins, then he shouldn't get blame for losing either.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Rosters change every year. If the coach gets no credit for going from 22 wins to 59 wins, then he shouldn't get blame for losing either.
    He did get credit. He won COTY. The fact is, Toronto Raptors winning has more to do with the improvement of the roster and players simply getting better. Many coaches simply don't get seven years to work on a team these days so they are fired after a few years and likely don't see the improvements made from a team perspective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast