Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 NHL Off-Season Thread

This thread is for all smaller news, rumors, trades and tidbits that don't deserve their own thread.

Coyotes acquire: Alex Galchenyuk
    Candiens acquire: Max Domi

Good trade for both sides. I never really knew why Domi fell out of favor with the Coyotes front office. Galchenyuk wanted out of Montreal and Domi needed a change of scenery. Both players should benefit from this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Coyotes acquire: Alex Galchenyuk
    Candiens acquire: Max Domi

Good trade for both sides. I never really knew why Domi fell out of favor with the Coyotes front office. Galchenyuk wanted out of Montreal and Domi needed a change of scenery. Both players should benefit from this trade.
    Agreed. A change of scenery will do them both good.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Agreed. A change of scenery will do them both good.

Always liked both players. Max won’t see much change to his overall numbers though. Coming from a B’s fan, Claude is a killer of skill. He’s a dinosaur that players hate after a few years and claude loathes young, offensively skilled players.

Montreal will trade Patriotty because he obviously already hates Claude and wants out. The best thing Montreal could do is fire their coach and gm and hire some guys who are great at their jobs regardless of whether they can speak French or not.

^ Trust me, I know. I’m a Habs fan.

Remember when Bruins fans said Claude sucked and no one believed us? ... he’s actually sucked worse than I would’ve expected lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I was more happy to get rid of Therrien than I was to obtain Julien. Not sure who didn’t believe you. I don’t think anybody was claiming Julien as a god send.

However, not sure how he has been worse than expected. Doubt anyone figured the Habs were gonna do much without Price and Weber for that extended of a period.

All I know is that when Claude returned to Boston and the media asked the players to say some nice things about Claude, I believe the nicest thing anyone said came from m Rask who said something along the line of “well, we won a cup.” Pretty sure not even a single player had anything good to say about the man.

Coyotes acquire D Russo from Red Wings

GLENDALE, Ariz. — The Arizona Coyotes acquired defenceman Robbie Russo from the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday for a conditional seventh-round pick next year.
    The 25-year-old former Notre Dame player had nine goals, 23 assists and 81 penalty minutes in 75 games last season for Grand Rapids in the American Hockey League. He had two penalty minutes in 19 games for Detroit in 2016-17.

The 6-foot, 192-pound defenceman was drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round in 2011 and signed with the Red Wings as free agent in August 2015. He's from Westmont, Illinois.

https://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-acquire-d...ings-1.1122006

Senators sign D Chris Wideman to 1 year extension

OTTAWA — The Ottawa Senators and defenceman Chris Wideman have agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension.

The team announced the deal, which will carry an annual value of $1 million for the 2018-19 season, in a release Sunday morning.

Wideman, 28, had three goals and five assists in 16 games during the 2017-18 season.

Read more: https://www.tsn.ca/senators-sign-wid...sion-1.1121672

Canucks and Blackhawks swap players in a 1-for-1 deal

The Vancouver Canucks and Chicago Blackhawks executed a one-for-one deal on Sunday afternoon.
    Vancouver acquired centre Tanner Kero, while centre Michael Chaput heads the other way to the Windy City.

Kero, 25, spent the majority of last season with the Blackhawks' American Hockey League affiliate, Rockford IceHogs. In eight games in the National Hockey League, Kero registered a goal and two assists.

Read More: https://www.tsn.ca/canucks-get-kero-...aput-1.1121735

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...burgh-penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins traded Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick to the Buffalo Sabres for a conditional 2019 fourth-round draft pick on Wednesday.

No salary is retained in the deal, as it appears to be a cap-clearing move for the Penguins ahead of free agency, which begins July 1. The trade was first reported by TSN.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Capitals ended up retaining Smith-Pelly and Kempny along with John Carlson, but likely at the cost of Jay Beagle who is likely headed elsewhere. Beagle has been a fourth line and PK staple, I hate to see him go but that is a job we can turn over to someone a bit younger and cheaper.

Flyers have signed James van Riemdsdyk to a 5 year contract with a $7m cap hit per John Buccigross.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Ryan Reaves back to the Golden Knights on a two year, $5.5 million contract

https://www.tsn.ca/reaves-agrees-to-...-vgk-1.1127863

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast