Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,246
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'm not a homer of Maher if that's what you're implying. Maher recently said he hopes for a recession because that would get rid of Trump. That's the Hollywood/Liberal elite in a nutshell. Someone like Maher could weather a recession while everyone else would suffer. I can't stand the Liberal elite and the 'moral authority' of Hollywood. It's a complete turnoff into wanting to support.

    But what he said how liberals always lose and liberal victories being hollow I didn't think was wrong or anything bias or homeresque lol.
    Maher said he's a house n*gg@* and didn't get Roseanne'd. Talk about privilege. Why should we care what a racially insensitive moron like Bill Maher thinks about anything?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    11,443
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Maher said he's a house n*gg@* and didn't get Roseanne'd. Talk about privilege. Why should we care what a racially insensitive moron like Bill Maher thinks about anything?
    Because right or wrong what he said was worth discussing? Seemed like there was some discussion about gerrymandering that I hope we can continue with.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,309
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Maher said he's a house n*gg@* and didn't get Roseanne'd. Talk about privilege. Why should we care what a racially insensitive moron like Bill Maher thinks about anything?
    Sensitive people are boring


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39,922
    Su
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'm not a homer of Maher if that's what you're implying. Maher recently said he hopes for a recession because that would get rid of Trump. That's the Hollywood/Liberal elite in a nutshell. Someone like Maher could weather a recession while everyone else would suffer. I can't stand the Liberal elite and the 'moral authority' of Hollywood. It's a complete turnoff into wanting to support.

    But what he said how liberals always lose and liberal victories being hollow I didn't think was wrong or anything bias or homeresque lol.
    My fault. I canít stand Maher.
    Sorry for the confusion there

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39,922
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Sure, and those credentials benefit less than 1% of their population. Take away silicone valley and Hollywood...you have a bunch of poor people surrounded by wineries.
    Keep Tahoe Blue
    Bullet Trains
    California Cheese
    Tent Cities
    Keep Santa Cruz Queer
    Smoky wine tasting tours
    Bridges, not Walls

    Come visit California and enjoy your stay!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,939
    Well, thereís always a play on the good old addage: ďCalifornia. Love It or Leave It.Ē

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,241
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Maher said he's a house n*gg@* and didn't get Roseanne'd. Talk about privilege. Why should we care what a racially insensitive moron like Bill Maher thinks about anything?
    Iím with ewing but you canít possibly be oblivious to the difference between Maher and Roseanne. Can you? Itís got to be a cognitive dissonance thing.

    Tell me: when Maher said House ******, whom was he calling that?

    A) Valerie Jarrett
    B) some random person
    C) himself
    D) Barack Obama

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    ďWent off the deep endĒ is totally meaningless. What are you actually trying to say?



    And these failed ideologies are what exactly?
    Communism, Socialism, Collectivism, State controlled economies, equal outcome, etc.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,246
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Iím with ewing but you canít possibly be oblivious to the difference between Maher and Roseanne. Can you? Itís got to be a cognitive dissonance thing.

    Tell me: when Maher said House ******, whom was he calling that?

    A) Valerie Jarrett
    B) some random person
    C) himself
    D) Barack Obama

    Sorry I didn't receive the updated memo on what type of racism the outrage media machine allows. N-bombs are cool if you're talking about yourself, noted. What if you're talking about another white person? Like one who can't even be mistaken for anything but white, not like Valerie Jarrett.

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sensitive people are boring


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right I was lying, I don't care at all about sensitivities. I just don't care what self-described house n%gg+>s think. Let's get a self-described field n@gg <>'s opinion.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,127
    I hate those house *****s.

    ****in Samuel L Jackson

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,329
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Keep Tahoe Blue
    Bullet Trains
    California Cheese
    Tent Cities
    Keep Santa Cruz Queer
    Smoky wine tasting tours
    Bridges, not Walls

    Come visit California and enjoy your stay!
    It seems like you should move.

    I love this state. #CaliProud

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,329
    Weíre not talking about a partisan issue with Roseanne v Maher. Stop it. Itís a business risk decision.

    HBO decided to stick with Maher.
    ABC likely already hated the political attention the show was getting and decided to use the Roseanne tweet as the last straw and moved on.

    Personally, I think attacking either of them is complete ********. They are comedians. They push the boundary. Sometimes they go too far, apologize and come back. Itís not like they are politicians making laws with these views. They are entertainers.

    Maybe Iím biased because I love the reboot and want it back I dunno.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,329
    Liberals and/or democrats don't win because their message and marketing sucks. They get too honest and detailed with every position. They need simple stances on issues and no wishy-washy BS. Even if the complex answer is the truth, they need to start simplifying it and take pride in a position to get an actual unified base, even if it scares off some moderates. Every stance on every issue should fit on a small bumpersticker. It's not an intelligent approach, but its who we are as Americans.

    The reason Bernie miraculously has a 75% approval rating to this day, despite being a far left progressive, is because he appears to be genuine and keeps his message simple: I'm for the working class, against the corporate and rich elite and always pro union.

    Same concept worked for Trump (whether you believe he was genuine or not). For political junkies like the people in our forum, we need a little more and we go deeper than the average american. But the fact is, parties have to market themselves the same way companies like Apple and Coke do. Simple, clear and genuine.

    Simon Sinek brilliantly said (in reference to companies and marketing) "People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it". Dems can't ever make that "why" clear when they're attempting to win progressives and moderates and never Trumper GOPers simultaneously....it just doesn't work. Everything the GOP does works, because its clear and simple, so if people agree, they will support the overall party no matter what. And Trumpers recognize that if you embrace the far right, the middle right will mostly follow (though not all). Dems are too afraid that moving left (they are a centrist party now) will lose their base, even while Bernie has proved them wrong. So, Dems can't be tribal like the GOP, because nobody knows what the hell a democrat is anymore.

    Obama thrived because he kept his message clear and consistent: Hope, Change. Won progressives and won moderates. Trump did the same (though just copied Reagan directly, but hey it worked for RR so may as well do it): Make America Great Again. What was Hillary's? "I'm with her". Again, "people don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it" and "I"m with her" is about the most self-centered ego driven message you could ever create.
    If Apple used "I'm with them" as a campaign they'd be out of business. "Make America Great Again" is a vision, it's inclusive and collective, its inspirational to all people. It worked.

    So, here's my take on where the Dems are and where they should be in order to win. Maybe I'm way off, but IMO you better just pick a lane and stick to it if you want to win in this political climate. Nobody trusts a group that doesn't have a consistent message.

    GOP: We support the flag and our country.
    Dem: We also support our country, but if you look closer there are some things we'd like to make better because some people are not getting equal treatment (average american: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    Where Dems should be: Let's make america even better. (It's positive, not critical, and addresses everyone's issues in one simple message)

    GOP: We are pro-life.
    Dem: Sometimes abortion is necessary and sometimes a woman should have the right to choose, I mean we're not "pro abortion" but we do feel a woman has personal freedoms and its a private matter between her and her doctor, but as long as its not too far along......zzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We are pro women's rights. ("pro life" goes beyond abortion and makes it seem bigger than it is; same approach with simply being "pro woman")

    GOP: We're cutting your taxes!
    Dem: Well we can also cut taxes for the middle and lower class while raising them on the top 10% and cut military spending to afford the tax cuts for those who need them most, but never mind our corporate donors who are the same exact companies donating to the GOP zzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We'll cut your taxes even more

    GOP: We support businesses
    Dem: We support businesses but are pro union, except if it conflicts with some of our corporate interests and we're not really as "pro business" as the GOP and not as "pro working class" as the Green and socialist parties, but we can make everyone happy if we just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We support American workers (get back to the pro union roots, risk the corporate donors and stand for something)

    GOP: Global Warming is a myth!
    Dem: It's not a myth, if you look at the data over the most recent decades and compare zzzzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We want a clean America (forget the scientific terms, focus on how it impacts each person individually. Ignore the hot button terms that the GOP has demonized "climate change" "global warming". Make it anti-pollution and the pro-environment work will come with it)

    GOP:
    Free market!
    Dem: Free market but we need to keep checks on some of the people who are getting away with crimes against middle and lower class citizens without being regulated properly zzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We're anti-corruption

    .....I've vented enough. Apologies to all.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 06-14-2018 at 01:25 PM.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    69,828
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Communism, Socialism, Collectivism, State controlled economies, equal outcome, etc.
    Yes. The Democratic Party platform is one of Communism and Socialism.

    My god. Do you people really believe this nonsense?
    this my sig

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Liberals and/or democrats don't win because their message and marketing sucks. They get too honest and detailed with every position. They need simple stances on issues and no wishy-washy BS. Even if the complex answer is the truth, they need to start simplifying it and take pride in a position to get an actual unified base, even if it scares off some moderates. Every stance on every issue should fit on a small bumpersticker. It's not an intelligent approach, but its who we are as Americans.

    The reason Bernie miraculously has a 75% approval rating to this day, despite being a far left progressive, is because he appears to be genuine and keeps his message simple: I'm for the working class, against the corporate and rich elite and always pro union.

    Same concept worked for Trump (whether you believe he was genuine or not). For political junkies like the people in our forum, we need a little more and we go deeper than the average american. But the fact is, parties have to market themselves the same way companies like Apple and Coke do. Simple, clear and genuine.

    Simon Sinek brilliantly said (in reference to companies and marketing) "People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it". Dems can't ever make that "why" clear when they're attempting to win progressives and moderates and never Trumper GOPers simultaneously....it just doesn't work. Everything the GOP does works, because its clear and simple, so if people agree, they will support the overall party no matter what. And Trumpers recognize that if you embrace the far right, the middle right will mostly follow (though not all). Dems are too afraid that moving left (they are a centrist party now) will lose their base, even while Bernie has proved them wrong. So, Dems can't be tribal like the GOP, because nobody knows what the hell a democrat is anymore.

    Obama thrived because he kept his message clear and consistent: Hope, Change. Won progressives and won moderates. Trump did the same (though just copied Reagan directly, but hey it worked for RR so may as well do it): Make America Great Again. What was Hillary's? "I'm with her". Again, "people don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it" and "I"m with her" is about the most self-centered ego driven message you could ever create.
    If Apple used "I'm with them" as a campaign they'd be out of business. "Make America Great Again" is a vision, it's inclusive and collective, its inspirational to all people. It worked.

    So, here's my take on where the Dems are and where they should be in order to win. Maybe I'm way off, but IMO you better just pick a lane and stick to it if you want to win in this political climate. Nobody trusts a group that doesn't have a consistent message.

    GOP: We support the flag and our country.
    Dem: We also support our country, but if you look closer there are some things we'd like to make better because some people are not getting equal treatment (average american: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    Where Dems should be: Let's make america even better. (It's positive, not critical, and addresses everyone's issues in one simple message)

    GOP: We are pro-life.
    Dem: Sometimes abortion is necessary and sometimes a woman should have the right to choose, I mean we're not "pro abortion" but we do feel a woman has personal freedoms and its a private matter between her and her doctor, but as long as its not too far along......zzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We are pro women's rights. ("pro life" goes beyond abortion and makes it seem bigger than it is; same approach with simply being "pro woman")

    GOP: We're cutting your taxes!
    Dem: Well we can also cut taxes for the middle and lower class while raising them on the top 10% and cut military spending to afford the tax cuts for those who need them most, but never mind our corporate donors who are the same exact companies donating to the GOP zzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We'll cut your taxes even more

    GOP: We support businesses
    Dem: We support businesses but are pro union, except if it conflicts with some of our corporate interests and we're not really as "pro business" as the GOP and not as "pro working class" as the Green and socialist parties, but we can make everyone happy if we just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We support American workers (get back to the pro union roots, risk the corporate donors and stand for something)

    GOP: Global Warming is a myth!
    Dem: It's not a myth, if you look at the data over the most recent decades and compare zzzzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We want a clean America (forget the scientific terms, focus on how it impacts each person individually. Ignore the hot button terms that the GOP has demonized "climate change" "global warming". Make it anti-pollution and the pro-environment work will come with it)

    GOP:
    Free market!
    Dem: Free market but we need to keep checks on some of the people who are getting away with crimes against middle and lower class citizens without being regulated properly zzzzzzzzz
    Where Dems should be: We're anti-corruption

    .....I've vented enough. Apologies to all.
    So the Republicans are just a simple black and white and the Democrats are every possible shade of gray imaginable.

    Nicely done.

    Are you a campaign manager for anyone?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •