Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 314
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,344
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lmfao!!!! This thread should be fun
    Bucks sign kd.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Take the troll hat off for a minute. Do YOU honestly believe that good players on bad teams put up better stats and look better because of it?

    People were talking about Kevin Love as a top 5 player in the NBA on bad TWolves teams. What happened when he had more talent to play with? Did he look better or worse?
    1) The game has changed a lot since Love was once regarded as a top player. He's also changed his physique. The masses also never regarded Love as a top five player before joining Cleveland. He was a top PF and therefore, a top ten NBA player but I also remember Blake Griffin being a top five player to some. The league changes very quick in terms of the top 5-15 players but the top of the top are usually there for years through a proven track record.

    2) Best player is a more unique position and ranking. Much more goes into it such as what have they done recently. We all know what Bron has done recently and that is why he is regarded as the best player. Not because he is on a bad team putting up insane numbers and basically carrying them. But because he's been the best player for over a decade and has played like one. There's a large majority that have LeBron as the best player. It's not because they don't "notice" Kevin Durant or Curry. Who can't notice them? They are #2/#3 in terms of endorsements in the NBA. But we've seen Curry underperform when he was expected to take over the league from LeBron and LeBron was having none of that. We've seen Kevin Durant underperform, lose a 3-1 lead over the Warriors, and then proceeded to join them. Neither of those two are not regarded as the best NBA player because they had the opportunity to prove to be when they weren't teammates and they failed.

    What I grabbed from that interview was KD was once again, being KD. What have we known about KD so far? He likes to be the victim and makes excuses for himself publicly and privately. This is another excuse. He's trying to convince us that he might not be regarded as the best player because it's "harder" for him to do so since he's on such a great team. That's a pathetic comment from someone who took the "easier" road to winning a title. He could have been the best player in the NBA. How? Beat the Warriors in 2016 and then beat LeBron James and the Cavs in the Finals. And he didn't. That is why he isn't the best player in the NBA - because he didn't do anything to deserve it.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,318
    Also, Scoots, let me help you understand why KD's comments become even more pathetic than it originally stood for.

    A year ago, he said he didn't want to be a leader on a team because he didn't want the pressure of it.

    Yesterday, he said he wants to stand out in any situation he is in.

    Do you catch how silly and contradictory his comments come? He's managed to convince himself that he is a victim so he can self-validate his status in the NBA because the media hasn't done it for him.

    But I really don't want to discuss anything with you as it seems you've been so upset about those who hate the Warriors and have been such a homer very recently that it has been almost pointless. You can keep calling me a troll but when 29 fans of other teams also find the same things I am saying to be true, it doesn't make me a troll, it makes you the homer. Keep calling me a troll, though. It lets me know that you're thinking bout me, baby.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,840
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    1) The game has changed a lot since Love was once regarded as a top player. He's also changed his physique. The masses also never regarded Love as a top five player before joining Cleveland. He was a top PF and therefore, a top ten NBA player but I also remember Blake Griffin being a top five player to some. The league changes very quick in terms of the top 5-15 players but the top of the top are usually there for years through a proven track record.

    2) Best player is a more unique position and ranking. Much more goes into it such as what have they done recently. We all know what Bron has done recently and that is why he is regarded as the best player. Not because he is on a bad team putting up insane numbers and basically carrying them. But because he's been the best player for over a decade and has played like one. There's a large majority that have LeBron as the best player. It's not because they don't "notice" Kevin Durant or Curry. Who can't notice them? They are #2/#3 in terms of endorsements in the NBA. But we've seen Curry underperform when he was expected to take over the league from LeBron and LeBron was having none of that. We've seen Kevin Durant underperform, lose a 3-1 lead over the Warriors, and then proceeded to join them. Neither of those two are not regarded as the best NBA player because they had the opportunity to prove to be when they weren't teammates and they failed.

    What I grabbed from that interview was KD was once again, being KD. What have we known about KD so far? He likes to be the victim and makes excuses for himself publicly and privately. This is another excuse. He's trying to convince us that he might not be regarded as the best player because it's "harder" for him to do so since he's on such a great team. That's a pathetic comment from someone who took the "easier" road to winning a title. He could have been the best player in the NBA. How? Beat the Warriors in 2016 and then beat LeBron James and the Cavs in the Finals. And he didn't. That is why he isn't the best player in the NBA - because he didn't do anything to deserve it.
    I think you are being intentionally obtuse as part of your trolling, but forgive me if I'm wrong.

    We all know Kevin Love was the best player on those TWolves teams. It's easier to be the best player on a team full of scrubs. Everybody, but apparently you, agree on this.

    Let's flip it around ... if you are on a team with MJ, Magic, Bird, and Wilt it's going to be WAAAAAAAAAY harder for you the be the best player on that team. If you are on a team with Tinky-Winky, Laa-Laa, Dipsy, and Po it's going to be MUCH easier for you to be the best player. See?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,840
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Also, Scoots, let me help you understand why KD's comments become even more pathetic than it originally stood for.

    A year ago, he said he didn't want to be a leader on a team because he didn't want the pressure of it.

    Yesterday, he said he wants to stand out in any situation he is in.

    Do you catch how silly and contradictory his comments come? He's managed to convince himself that he is a victim so he can self-validate his status in the NBA because the media hasn't done it for him.

    But I really don't want to discuss anything with you as it seems you've been so upset about those who hate the Warriors and have been such a homer very recently that it has been almost pointless. You can keep calling me a troll but when 29 fans of other teams also find the same things I am saying to be true, it doesn't make me a troll, it makes you the homer. Keep calling me a troll, though. It lets me know that you're thinking bout me, baby.
    I'm not upset at all. You are either a troll or you are totally missing it. If it's just that you are missing it, let me know and I'll apologize for thinking you are trolling.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think you are being intentionally obtuse as part of your trolling, but forgive me if I'm wrong.

    We all know Kevin Love was the best player on those TWolves teams. It's easier to be the best player on a team full of scrubs. Everybody, but apparently you, agree on this.

    Let's flip it around ... if you are on a team with MJ, Magic, Bird, and Wilt it's going to be WAAAAAAAAAY harder for you the be the best player on that team. If you are on a team with Tinky-Winky, Laa-Laa, Dipsy, and Po it's going to be MUCH easier for you to be the best player. See?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but KD was talking about being the best player -in the world-. So I'd say you're wrong, because if you're on a bad team, defenses will key in on you faaaar more than they can if you're surrounded by all-stars.

    You don't have to defend KD every chance you get. He's kind of ******** on Curry and the rest of the Warriors by putting himself above them the way he is.
    The Baker is coming.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but KD was talking about being the best player -in the world-. So I'd say you're wrong, because if you're on a bad team, defenses will key in on you faaaar more than they can if you're surrounded by all-stars.

    You don't have to defend KD every chance you get. He's kind of ******** on Curry and the rest of the Warriors by putting himself above them the way he is.
    Exactly. He probably heard chatter about how Curry shoulda won the mvp and he has to make himself look better then his teammates like he deserved it more. He IS the best player on that team and he wants everyone to know that he saved them.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but KD was talking about being the best player -in the world-. So I'd say you're wrong, because if you're on a bad team, defenses will key in on you faaaar more than they can if you're surrounded by all-stars.

    You don't have to defend KD every chance you get. He's kind of ******** on Curry and the rest of the Warriors by putting himself above them the way he is.
    Honestly I think he's talking about trying to be the best player on the team. He's not saying he is the best, just that he enjoys trying.

    I don't feel any need to defend KD ... he's done too many really stupid things for me to want to defend him by default, I just think in this case he's being misunderstood.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,393
    Meh his legacy won't be remembered well. Every top 10 argument will end with "He didn't do it without 3 other all stars on a 73 win team"

    I think at some point he'll get tired of hearing it.

  10. 06-09-2018, 11:21 PM
    Reason
    Deleting posts with quoted personal information - Rush

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Meh his legacy won't be remembered well. Every top 10 argument will end with "He didn't do it without 3 other all stars on a 73 win team"

    I think at some point he'll get tired of hearing it.
    Heís already tired of hearing it. Remember, he didnít leave his room in the Hamptons for a week because even he knew it it was the biggest puss move of all time.

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Honestly I think he's talking about trying to be the best player on the team. He's not saying he is the best, just that he enjoys trying.
    If that's the case then yeah I agree and see his point.
    The Baker is coming.


  13. 06-09-2018, 11:40 PM
    Reason
    Deleting posts with quoted personal information - Rush

  14. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,459
    The counting stats won't be as good but shouldn't it be easier to be more efficient with better players?

  15. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    91,420
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Meh, no worse than any number of baffling things Lebron has said. Durant's a great player but clearly a priss.
    actually its the dumbest thing I have heard... Jordan had great players around him as did lebron and kobe and they were all considered the top players at one point or another.

  16. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Flash is blinded by his hate. He knows that good players look great surrounded by scrubs. He's just trolling.
    I'm starting to be less into sports discussion. Between sports and politics I'm noticing that the majority of people are just a lot dumber than I can tolerate.

    What KD said makes perfect sense. It's not even debatable. Think about Michael Carter Williams winning rookie of the year because his team was so bad he got to dominate the ball. But as soon as he was asked to be the 2nd option he dissapeared. Same thing with Lonzo Ball this year and so many others. Even Hall of Famers have looked lesser than they once did when asked to take a supplemental role. Iversion and Wade just to name a few.

    People are so mad at KD and LeBron for making the best business decision possible for themselves and their families that they become their Hillary Clinton. Even when what they say is perfectly reasonable they will just lie if it gives them an oppurtunity to bash them.

    How do some of y'all wake up and look in the mirror knowing you have so little intergrity. I seriously couldn't do it.

  17. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    5,184
    i am annoyed to no end by KD. insecure, prima donna, unhappy, fake all describe him. as a sports fan i admire the heck out of his ability but so disappointing how he has upped the ante of superstar championship cherry picking in this era.

    on the other end i can get it, we KILL a superstar doesn't win a championship, and now KD gets the hate treatment for ensuring he isn't on that dreaded list.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •