Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 307
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I want to see KD and LeBron create something special in the Lakers. I can see them winning at least three rings and putting themselves as the #1/#3 GOAT's in NBA history. Then add the fact that both players likely can past KAJ's scoring record, no doubt I would put KD at #3 and leBron at #1.
    I don't see Durant ever being Top 5. He had a chance with the Thunder but this move just takes away some of his accolades. The only way I can see his legacy take a good turn is if he goes to the Thunder or another team with a smaller superstar compared to him and wins while being the man and leader of the team. I never saw him as a leader in OKC and now in GSW he is less of that. In OKC he also choked a couple of times while being surrounded with good talent.

    I would say Top 7-15.
    Miami HEAT

    I only post when it's playoffs time

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yes, the circumstantial aspects are what I'm seeking . If we can never find the 1:1 then it should be beyond obvious why joining a ready made champ +history setter is far different than what came about in Miami
    And there are easy ways to quantify that, like the fact that Miami only won 2 rings in 4 years where as the Warriors with Durant have already matched that in 2. Rings are a team achievement, not an individual. If we can accept the fact and praise players with only 1 or zero rings due to team cirumstance then we should be able to understand that players who end up with 3+ rings only do so from being on incredibly talented teams for many years. That goes for every single one of them, including LeBron who put himself in that position through FA twice.

    The mindset is the key to the comparison, and neither of them remotely went for the "hard" route. Miami completely trumped the Lakers, the Celtics and the rest of the NBA in talent and they thought they were easily going to win 7+ rings, words from their own mouths. There was no where Durant could have went where they would have trumped Golden State and Cleveland in talent and create that kind of advantage, other than Golden State itself, where as LeBron had at least one other option to do that not involving Wade in Chicago. Of course, then Wade, Bosh and Joe Johnson could have formed in Miami and could have possibly beaten LeBron's Bulls. We couldn't have that, right?

    It's that simple, from a circumstantial standpoint.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    No, I'm saying if he found his way there, be it by any means necessary, i'l leave that to you but this is my hypothetical considering the cap explosion changing the game for a coincidental blip. Joining those two elite contenders is FAR different than creating a NEW contender to take them down. It's really that simple.
    Again, completely circumstantial scenarios. I basically responded to this already in my previous post.


    That's a non differentiating factor considering collusion has been a part of the game since forever. There are rumors that the Dubs were wooing KD amidst his choke job against them ffs. KG himself wasn't a free agent but he went from saying no to being traded to the celtics, then 1 ray Allen trade later being there himself.
    That's not remotely the same thing as it's been well documented that they started planning from at least the 2008 Olympics, years before their FA. Part of the reason why Miami lacked talented around Wade those years is because Riley was focused on cap space for 2010 instead of building a contender. Kind of a risky play to waste years of Wade's prime, but not so much when you have the ole wink wink deal, eh? Oh, how they "broke" the NBA with their scheming lol.

    You've contradicted yourself here. Bron joining a team with a reasonable shot at beating the warriors HELPS competitive balance. It's this nuance in context that you guys miss out on. Bron JOINING the Dubs would be far closer in proximity to your point.
    No, I acknowledged that him doing it this time would be much different than 2010 and 2014, while still highlighting that this trend is something he started. Houston took them to 7, there is already a team that had a reasonable shot at beating the Warriors. Just because it wasn't a team with LeBron on it doesn't mean they don't exist.

    He was factually less productive, especially given the team context. Focus on facts instead of straws and you'll understand the difference between peak and prime.
    You're really going to try and continue this nonsense? You really don't understand that statistical anomalies throughout a players career are a thing? Has LeBron been declining as a scorer since he was 25 because he averaged 29.7 PPG that season and hasn't even touched 28 PPG since? Was LeBron in full decline his first two years in Cleveland due to his statistical drops and clear shooting drop, and now is no longer in decline the last two years?

    No, Dwyane Wade was not declining at age 28/29 and before LeBron even got there, at least not by any traditional sense of how the word is used in sports. He was still very much in his prime.

    The season where the decline continued for a 30 year old with an athletically dependent style who's already suffered numerous franchise altering injuries. Yeah, I'd say that it's safe to say his "peak'(because " " quotations and literal words matter) was behind him and it was proven true by all objective barometers.
    And he was still one of the top 3 players in the NBA when LeBron got there, so this is completely moot. He had two of the best playoff series of his career in 2010-11. Saying he had "numerous franchise altering injuries" as if it altered his play or anything is ridiculous. He had the clear best season of his career well after those injuries. Try harder.

    Show me the similarities between someone who hasn't won and was statistically declining before the eventual union vs a 2 time mvp (once unanimous) champion and record setting team. Really because if those 2 defections are the same, I'd love to see an example where you actually approve.
    Wade didn't win? Wade won a Finals with one of the most dominant performances ever before LeBron even got to one.

    The best part of all of this nonsense is you guys living in a world where the last two postseasons didn't happen. The Warriors don't beat the Cavs in the 2017 Finals and they don't beat the Rockets in the 2018 WCF without Kevin Durant. They would still only have one ring if he never went there, and if it wasn't for Kyrie and Love being hurt in 2015 then they likely have zero.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...806060CLE.html

    This game single handily crushed the debate that Kevin Durant "coasts to Finals victories" and that they can win without him doing much. It's exactly the kind of stuff that we eventually saw from LeBron in Miami that crushed the same exact debate lobbied against him after The Decision. I predicted that this could easily happen here before last years postseason and it's not surprising to see people holding on to that narrative for dear life just as some held onto it for LeBron.

    Move on with your lives, or just take a break from the NBA for a bit if Durant dominating is that upsetting for you.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,363
    Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    May be it's just me and i'm not saying this to justify Durants ***** move to GSW. It is definetly a ***** move.

    But if Durant not joined them, and lets say Barnes signs with GSW again or a player that caliber, i don't think the warriors win another title against LeBron. LeBron completely got under their skin in 2016, and if they've won in 2107 i don't think Kyrie leaves too. This years Houston could eliminate them too.

    Even if Durant stayed in OKC they could have a legit chance to beat the warriors. But i'm not going to get angry on KD just because he left cause i don't think anybody should be blamed for not wanting to play with RWB.

    That 73 wins made GSW seem a little better than they actually are. Now i am going to hide somewhere, the bashing is coming.
    Pretty much this. Golden state was a great team before kd, no doubt, but not too well built for the playoffs. That team wouldn't be a given to beat numerous other teams in the league, including these rockets. KD is what makes us a super team. Given our 2016 post season, there was clear room for improvement, we picked up the perfect fit, and now have the most dominant super team in the super team era. Of course there is irony in out super teaming the one who started the super team movement.. but that could change this summer...
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,717
    They were a super team before (some were saying they were on par with Jordanís Bulls-the 90ís teams not the ****** poster-before Durant got there) and getting Durant just killed the league. Without that Iguodala injury, they wouldnít have lost more than three or four games all postseason and that was with them not playing up to their standard. Something was off about them and without Curry sporadically turning it on at times, they mighta lost a bit more because of their lackadaisical play (or all of this behind the scenes stuff is deeper than we thought).

    There was a half dozen contenders.....now thereís one. Some teams can make some moves and I hope Iím wrong, but I think this is what we get for the next few years. Yawn.


    Also, even Bob Myers says KD is a coattail rider to his face! HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 06-14-2018 at 02:27 AM.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,363
    I don't think you can say we were a super team before. Maybe a regular season super team, but chips are won in the post season. Okc wasn't a super team and they were better than us, they shoulda beat us if kd and westbrook didn't have horrible 4th quarters the last few games. Cavs weren't a super team either yet they beat us

    We were definitely stacked tho, def a tier 1 contender already. But not a super team the way Miami was years 1-3 in their experiment, especially year 2 when they ripped off 27 straight

    If LeBron wants chips then he' ll go to Houston and nothing will be a given next year. Assuming they drop cp3 and not that phenomenal cast of catch and shoot 3 and lengthy versatile d guys
    Last edited by nastynice; 06-14-2018 at 04:10 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,717
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't think you can say we were a super team before. Maybe a regular season super team, but chips are won in the post season. Okc wasn't a super team and they were better than us, they shoulda beat us if kd and westbrook didn't have horrible 4th quarters the last few games. Cavs weren't a super team either yet they beat us

    We were definitely stacked tho, def a tier 1 contender already. But not a super team the way Miami was years 1-3 in their experiment, especially year 2 when they ripped off 27 straight
    People here were saying they were better than MJís Bulls. And if the rumors are true that GSís big three were trying to recruit KD all year and then °VIOLA! KD chokes after going up 3-1 then I call shenanigans. If that was a screw job, then KD should be banned forever. Even if true (the tank after up 3-1), itíll never be proven so whatevs. Itíll just give him more ***** points.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    People here were saying they were better than MJís Bulls. And if the rumors are true that GSís big three were trying to recruit KD all year and then °VIOLA! KD chokes after going up 3-1 then I call shenanigans. If that was a screw job, then KD should be banned forever. Even if true (the tank after up 3-1), itíll never be proven so whatevs. Itíll just give him more ***** points.
    Well look, we did a lot of historic things, including the wins record and Curry STATISTICALLY having the best offensive season ever. But this game is about rings, and the last two rounds of the playoffs there was nothing "super" about this team

    Why would kd tank for the Warriors? Why not beat them and still join them? That makes no sense.. he and westbrook both just struggled
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    May be it's just me and i'm not saying this to justify Durants ***** move to GSW. It is definetly a ***** move.

    But if Durant not joined them, and lets say Barnes signs with GSW again or a player that caliber, i don't think the warriors win another title against LeBron.
    Thats a possibility, I would kill to have another series with such great probabilities. KD effectively killed any shot outside those which hold true for all and hes made the sport FAR more predictable (not just at the top but among the left over squads as well) as a result. Its going to take awhile for that to stabilize, if it ever does. Thats what happens when a contender adds an MVP vs an MVP creating a NEW contender. In fact, Zach Lowe (a guy who votes on FMVP) stated in his podcast that the overwhelming majority of them felt these Dubs would shellack the Cavs without KD this year and the last. But man that would have been some incredible basketball instead of the snoozefest of the last 2 years. Plenty already had the Cavs losing vs the Warriors if they got through the actual favorite (It would have been OKC had KD simply returned), so we would have had at the least a 3 headed beast of rivalries, in its place we had 1 team we all knew would not lose and several mid tier contenders completely collapsed.

    LeBron completely got under their skin in 2016, and if they've won in 2107 i don't think Kyrie leaves too. This years Houston could eliminate them too.
    What if CP3 doesn't leave? Its the butterfly effect so you cant just pick and choose cuz I think Kyrie leaves anyways, hes like the Anti-KD in that he wants to see what he can actually do as more of a leader, whereas KD already failed hard and wanted the easy life.

    Even if Durant stayed in OKC they could have a legit chance to beat the warriors. But i'm not going to get angry on KD just because he left cause i don't think anybody should be blamed for not wanting to play with RWB.
    Then you do it the manly way and tell management to ship his *** out, maybe KD couldn't because he spent the entire time acting like they were friends, I blame KD for being a snake

    That 73 wins made GSW seem a little better than they actually are. Now i am going to hide somewhere, the bashing is coming.
    LOL so what were they? A ho hum 70 win team, 67, lol you do realize how low you actually have to go before you make the 2 moves comparable, right? Its not even close brother, its not bashing you to give you facts and question your logic. Trust me, the vast majority of us would have KILLED for KD copying LeBron and creating a new power to battle the powers already in existence. To simply hop on board of the powers, a power like this one specifically, is simply UNPRECEDENTED.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    And there are easy ways to quantify that, like the fact that Miami only won 2 rings in 4 years where as the Warriors with Durant have already matched that in 2.
    You didn't really quantify anything here, the Warriors pre-KD were aready on pace to get at least 2 in 4 as well, now they should get well over that barring the obvious choke job/injuries.

    Rings are a team achievement, not an individual. If we can accept the fact and praise players with only 1 or zero rings due to team cirumstance then we should be able to understand that players who end up with 3+ rings only do so from being on incredibly talented teams for many years. That goes for every single one of them, including LeBron who put himself in that position through FA twice.
    They are a team achievement, its why nobody ranks players in order of how many championships they've won. What we instead look at is how they won and honestly, its going to take like 3 titles in GS for KD to match even 1 in Miami from Bron. Hell even that might not cut it to be objective about this, theres never been a team that could contend without a player of KD's calibre in history. I put KD's rings in a category with Elvin Hayes, where I didnt need to see Karl Malone or Charles Barkley win a ring to know they were superior players/leaders.

    The mindset is the key to the comparison, and neither of them remotely went for the "hard" route. Miami completely trumped the Lakers, the Celtics and the rest of the NBA in talent and they
    I disagree completely but even if you were correct, I would GLADLY take a new power coming from the ashes to combat them rather than join LA or Boston. THEN it would be comparable. LeBron left the shittiest situation to finally get some help against vastly more talented squads, KD literally joined the power all while having been surrounded by immense talent his entire career.

    thought they were easily going to win 7+ rings, words from their own mouths.
    The trolls who usually bring up the hype rally for MIAMI FANS never respond to my simple rebuttal. Why would I put more stock in that hype rally than an ACTUAL serious interview setting projected to the wider fan base of the NBA? Cuz in the many other interviews since that rally he had a far different view, talking about how hard and how much work it will actually take. Its like you've never joked with your boys with street talk and then walked into a business meeting with those same guys and COMPLETELY changed your cadence. Dude, IDGAF about a pep rally, Shaq made that pep rally look like trash when he showed up in a Diesel, now THAT was theater.

    There was no where Durant could have went where they would have trumped Golden State and Cleveland in talent and create that kind of advantage, other than Golden State itself,
    False, he could have simply stayed in OKC and had more talent than Cleveland, its one of the reasons why many of his teammates in GS felt that OKC was the better team. Not that its gospel but I know that Vegas would have favored them above even GS. It definitely would've been ALOT more competitive than what we were left with before. Personally, I wanted him in DC or Boston, that would've been an epic league. Hell I know of some GS fans who wish KD never joined them because they cant even enjoy the team anymore.

    where as LeBron had at least one other option to do that not involving Wade in Chicago. Of course, then Wade, Bosh and Joe Johnson could have formed in Miami and could have possibly beaten LeBron's Bulls. We couldn't have that, right?
    LMFAO, Joe Johnson? I'd easily take Chicago (the 1 seed with the best defense in the league) with Bron at the helm over Wade and Bosh+JJ. There is nothing the Heat could have done that would've been better than adding the games best player.

    It's that simple, from a circumstantial standpoint.
    If only it were rooted in fact. The circumstances are that nobody has ever stooped as low as KD and plenty in the NBA today and of yesteryear know this, the stats definitely support it considering how it destroyed many teams projection systems and even made Vegas put them above the 72 Win Bulls despite never playing a game. Think about all that context and you will see its never happened and will never happen again. KD got lucky his cowardice showed up at the right time.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,363
    This is just ridiculous, this team, I don't think any other team had people talking about them like this, like it's over before it even began, maybe celtics in the 60's (or whenever that was). Probably 80's Lakers and celtics had people talking like this for their conference. Let's see if LeBron joins a competent squad and we stay going at it like that
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    , the stats definitely support it considering how it destroyed many teams projection systems and even made Vegas put them above the 72 Win Bulls despite never playing a game. Think about all that context and you will see its never happened and will never happen again.
    lmao, I never knew that, Lacob and Myers are absolute monster. Gotta keep the core 4 intact, Klay and Draymond in perfect situations, gotta see if they take less, if they do and our core 4 stays, ladies and gents this **** might get crazy.

    Curry is the oldest at 30, let's see if he can hit the 3peat by 31, that boy gotta stay healthy tho. Pre all star go into preseason mode, post all star focus and get ready to make a serious run. It's the only way to sustain so many finals trips in a row.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Again, completely circumstantial scenarios. I basically responded to this already in my previous post
    Its meant to be hpothetical. You kind of have to compare given the unparralled union.

    That's not remotely the same thing as it's been well documented that they started planning from at least the 2008 Olympics, years before their FA.
    It is the same, by well documented you mean well theorized. Melo was suppose to be a part of that but he didn't follow through so its not concrete either. I fail to see the difference, is it somehow more honorable that KD was being wooed amidst the heat of battle vs the very people hes suppose to be slaying? LOL if anything, the added context only makes it worse for you. I remember when Tmac and Hill started talking about playing together while the dude was sitting on the sidelines with an injury, I dont really give a **** about that. You can try to convince me its somehow different but I think it only makes KD worse for doing it with guys hes suppose to be taking down. Good luck tho.

    Part of the reason why Miami lacked talented around Wade those years is because Riley was focused on cap space for 2010 instead of building a contender. Kind of a risky play to waste years of Wade's prime, but not so much when you have the ole wink wink deal, eh? Oh, how they "broke" the NBA with their scheming lol.
    Not really, plenty of teams have cleared up cap space with that intention, and you're actually wrong, he tried to land Odom and IIRC Boozer at one point which would have crippled some of that cap space (not that he couldn't later trade Odom but your theory has holes), when he kept getting short term deals Wade was allegedly pissed off and the worry was that he would got to Chicago. None of us know the truth about behind closed doors but thats why Im good focusing on the facts of the acts. What KD did is something no player has ever done.

    No, I acknowledged that him doing it this time would be much different than 2010 and 2014, while still highlighting that this trend is something he started. Houston took them to 7, there is already a team that had a reasonable shot at beating the Warriors. Just because it wasn't a team with LeBron on it doesn't mean they don't exist.
    LMFAO, the Warriors blew them out in their wins and the Rockets won the obvious G2 on their HC and then squeaked out 2 50/50 games and that was their best shot vs an injured Dubs team. Thats the best we got and might be the best we'll get and it further diluted the league. Lemme put it this way, would you look at the Joe Johnson Hawks and think they had a reasonable talent base simply because they pushed the eventual champion Celtics to 7 (where Kobe and Pau only pushed them to 6?)

    You have to look at the entire picture, not just highlight 1 series. I've never suggested that GS is incapable of choking, just that they have to play well beneath their talent base to lose.

    You're really going to try and continue this nonsense?
    Its not nonsense, its an understanding of projective modeling along with common sense.

    You really don't understand that statistical anomalies throughout a players career are a thing? Has LeBron been declining as a scorer since he was 25 because he averaged 29.7 PPG that season and hasn't even touched 28 PPG since?
    Was LeBron in full decline his first two years in Cleveland due to his statistical drops and clear shooting drop, and now is no longer in decline the last two years?
    If you're focusing solely on scoring (with no context of Efficiency/Pace at that) its not a wonder why you dont understand a players complete statistical profile and how thousands of careers have played out. This is what GM's and advanced scouts use when projecting how a player may age, you get similar profiles based on stats and style of play. Adding additional context helps but you still got statistical comparisons for that too. You're really out of your lane here brother, as your Bron example can display considering his consistent chart. Even when he had his dip his first year in Miami and Cleveland (which tends to happen on new squads, especially given a decline in usage) he still led the league one year and never had the precipitous drop in overall efficiency that Wade suffered as he neared 30. Put that into context, it took Bron joining a new franchise with a different heirarchy and more talent to see the decline Wade had despite being on a team that absolutely needed everything they could muster from that man. So in other words, one was more explainable the other was a disturbing decline.. I actually expect Bron to suffer his Wade drop next year since Im pretty sure he qualifies for the fluke rule (another statistical/projection claim) and should be joining a new situation.

    Even if all Im saying is wrong, you know what you cant say? That we had peak Wade and he sure as **** wasn't going to last as long as the reigning MVP. I saw peak Wade live, that wasn't him.



    No, Dwyane Wade was not declining at age 28/29 and before LeBron even got there, at least not by any traditional sense of how the word is used in sports. He was still very much in his prime.
    I VERY CLEARLY stated theres a difference between peak and Prime. Anyone whos ever taken a glance at player projections knows athletes tend to peak early, especially undersized SG with no range who rely on their quickness and who entered the league with a career altering injury+ suffereed more as the many hits mounted. These were well known issues you want me to ignore simply because Wade didn't drop like a rock? He was still in his prime, Fact. He was no longer at his apex, Fact.

    And he was still one of the top 3 players in the NBA when LeBron got there, so this is completely moot.
    He was around there but yeah, thats a better point than trying to trick people into thinking joining Wade who was already statistically declining and not even close to winning a thing is the same joining the guy fresh off 2 Finals (1 win), 2MVP's (1 unanimous) and a record breaking season(s). Its hardly the same, one is very clearly at his apex the other is clearly on a downward trajectory and had questionable health as he aged.

    He had two of the best playoff series of his career in 2010-11.
    I disagree, his clear best series were half a decade earlier when he acutally got more defensive attention IMO.


    Saying he had "numerous franchise altering injuries" as if it altered his play or anything is ridiculous. He had the clear best season of his career well after those injuries. Try harder.
    I dont have to try harder when I'm literally echoing the thoughts of the player in question. You have nothing but opinion, I have stats + Wade's agreement. He himself would tell you that he should have never had taken the route he did in College, he would have sustained his peak far longer and possible taken it up a level too. And if you want to ignore the realities of the injuries he sustained, you just gotta agree to disagree because I never will.


    Wade didn't win? Wade won a Finals with one of the most dominant performances ever before LeBron even got to one.
    Yes, and had Bron joined that Wade and that Miami, it would be closer in scope depending on what they did with the rest of the roster, but even that would fall short considering many dont consider that Heat team much of a champion historically. THAT would be PEAK WADE.

    The best part of all of this nonsense is you guys living in a world where the last two postseasons didn't happen. The Warriors don't beat the Cavs in the 2017 Finals and they don't beat the Rockets in the 2018 WCF without Kevin Durant. They would still only have one ring if he never went there, and if it wasn't for Kyrie and Love being hurt in 2015 then they likely have zero.
    Then how did I win so much money when I called exactly what transpired 2 years ago? I should have had the balls to go for 3 years but I mustve been exposed to whatever KD caught.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...806060CLE.html

    This game single handily crushed the debate that Kevin Durant "coasts to Finals victories" and that they can win without him doing much. It's exactly the kind of stuff that we eventually saw from LeBron in Miami that crushed the same exact debate lobbied against him after The Decision. I predicted that this could easily happen here before last years postseason and it's not surprising to see people holding on to that narrative for dear life just as some held onto it for LeBron.

    Move on with your lives, or just take a break from the NBA for a bit if Durant dominating is that upsetting for you.
    LMFAO, how does that prove a thing? Its ok to cite opinion and maybe what you said would be true of GS, thems are the breaks of injuries sometimes, but you know what, that would be a far more competitive league.
    As for your link, I dont get it, what happens if KD plays poorly that game, they're 2 and 1? Oh lord how could we all have missed that. It should have been 2-1 anyways but to even get did you see what it took from LeBron? Yes these things can happen, but because of KD thats basically all we're left with. What you're doing is akin to showing the Sonics win the 1 seed 2 years in a row and thinking because they lost in r.1 both years that they weren't supremely talented just playing beneath their potential in possibly bad matchups. It wasn't surprising when they made the Finals, that was them actually playing to their talent level. These Warriors are much the same way, its been a long time since i remember any team coasting through seasons the way they have. They literally dont have to try hard to win 60ish. They played zero defense all year and simply turn it on when they have to. Im sorry, them being in close games is a fail but so long as they win theyre happy.

    Its cute that you think Im not moving on with my life, dont conflate resolute conviction with me being hung up on something, I only come on here to debate and/or **** post and to talk ball with e-buddies/frenemies, it jsut so happens this is one of those topics (much like my stance on Wilt and Tmac) that I will never waiver on when I see someone try to peddle the BS that the 2 were anything close to each other.

    EVERY OTHER MOVE IN NBA HISTORY, is more comparable to Bron than KD is to Bron in their defections.


    But for the record you had Chicago as a place you would rather Bron have gone to?
    Last edited by Chronz; 06-14-2018 at 08:08 AM.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is just ridiculous, this team, I don't think any other team had people talking about them like this, like it's over before it even began, maybe celtics in the 60's (or whenever that was). Probably 80's Lakers and celtics had people talking like this for their conference. Let's see if LeBron joins a competent squad and we stay going at it like that
    Nah, even in the 60's people felt the C's were closer to the average than what we see today. Seriously, you guys were already on that level of existence with the greatest to ever play, THEN you added KD. You take any other superstar of that caliber off of their teams and they fall out of contention with maybe exception to MJ's Bulls (another team on your level) and even with them its wishy washy, with the Dubs, we already know how they play with and without KD/Steph. Hell, we saw what your squad could do without Steph before KD ever showed up(tho they had Barnes and he was no joke) when they practically won 2 playoff series without him. Lacob was right, you guys are way ahead of the field, hes just wrong for downplaying the amount of good fortune and timing for it to happen.

    What made betting on you guys such a no brainer wouldn't hold true for any team in history, I know I've never had the courage to take 2 year bets like that before. The game was just that simple since the sex change

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,894
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmao, I never knew that, Lacob and Myers are absolute monster. Gotta keep the core 4 intact, Klay and Draymond in perfect situations, gotta see if they take less, if they do and our core 4 stays, ladies and gents this **** might get crazy.

    Curry is the oldest at 30, let's see if he can hit the 3peat by 31, that boy gotta stay healthy tho. Pre all star go into preseason mode, post all star focus and get ready to make a serious run. It's the only way to sustain so many finals trips in a row.
    Yeah, i just hope they stop taking team friendly deals and force ownership to pay up big(Hell even Zaza settled for far less than market value to get to start for a year and a half). The only hope we have is that yall lose so much depth that your core 4 have to carry a greater load, thus reducing their prime window and relying more on health. I just dont think management is that negligent, we need teams stop trading guys like Bell to you thats for sure, the reasoning behind that move was so stupid too.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •