Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Draft

2018-19 Draft

Any draft speculation here

If there is a betting line for Luka going number 1 (should be some juicy odds), I'll take it. Its just a gut feeling with the new coach (his relationship/coached) with luka, and the gm on the hot seat (that needs to win now). Although the owner is a AZ Wildcat fan (booster?), so he has that against him.

I'm not saying Luka is the going to be the better player, just looking at it through context and circumstantial speculation.

Looking like Boston wants Mo Mamba.

Rozier, Kings pick 2019(#1 portected), Memphis 2019 pick, it has protection but becomes unprotected in 2021 and Boston’s 1st round pick this year.

How high of a pick can that get them to get a C in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post

Rozier, Kings pick 2019(#1 portected), Memphis 2019 pick, it has protection but becomes unprotected in 2021 and Boston’s 1st round pick this year.

I don’t think that package gets you into the top half of the lottery. Too much protection on the picks.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Mike Sotto is a horrible source but he mentioned that the Nets wanna move up in this draft and use Carroll,Dinwiddie as assets. But they don't want to take on dead weight deals. Not sure they mean long term or what. Carroll be a $15M expiring contract. They be probably taking 2 years or so in return.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/08/bro...lwaukee-bucks/

If they were smart the Suns they would take Ayton at #1

Bamba would be a nightmare with the Celtics, but I don't think they can trade high enough to get him.

This draft has top blue chip talent, but the middle/top of the first isn't as strong as last year, then 20-40 it's VERY strong.

Duke C Wendell Carter is looking available at #10. Great solid player. Carter will beef up the front court. Is Rozier enough to get that pick? Rozier will fit in perfect with Philly and give them another “potential” big time scorer.

Or is Rozier a over pay for #10?

Duke C Wendell Carter is looking available at #10. Great solid player. Carter will beef up the front court. Is Rozier enough to get that pick? Rozier will fit in perfect with Philly and give them another “potential” big time scorer.

I like Rozier but it's likely an underpay. How much of his success can be credited to the system of Brad? I mean, we can take a look at Crowder and IT as two examples. Even though IT was injured, the system in Boston really helped him take his game to another level. Crowder, same thing. Is there anyone on the Celtics roster more important than Brad Stevens? Because he truly might be the most valuable factor in that franchise in terms of having a hands-on impact in the court. Rosier's value is sky high right now. We likely know Celtics won't offer him a large amount and he'll be a free agent. Might be best to wait for his value to drop (less time on the court) and then make an offer later on.

You haven’t heard the rumored talk about Boston and Dallas? Dallas wants Tatum and the Kings 2019 pick (which is #1 overall protected). Obviously the Celtics are not giving up Tatum, and they shouldn’t. Jaylen Brown and that Kings 2019 pick (and Boston’s pick this year) would likely get it done. Don’t know if Boston would be willing to trade Jaylen either though.

Terry Rozier is so overrated. He's ended but being a serviceable player but a team would be nuts to trade a lottery pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Terry Rozier is so overrated. He's ended but being a serviceable player but a team would be nuts to trade a lottery pick for him.
    He is ... but he's also been underrated until late this year. A lottery pick for him ... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You haven’t heard the rumored talk about Boston and Dallas? Dallas wants Tatum and the Kings 2019 pick (which is #1 overall protected). Obviously the Celtics are not giving up Tatum, and they shouldn’t. Jaylen Brown and that Kings 2019 pick (and Boston’s pick this year) would likely get it done. Don’t know if Boston would be willing to trade Jaylen either though.
    Boston and Dallas don't match on a deal for #5 because they're in different phases. DAL needs young franchise building blocks - guys that can be 1 or 1A players on title teams. Jaylen Brown for as much potential as he has shown hasn't given reason to believe he's that guy. So while the odds are whoever Dallas gets at #5 ends up a worse player than Brown already is it makes sense for them to gamble on that upside because of where they are.

Boston on the other hand has a shot at seriously pushing for a title next year. And while Brown doesn't look like a future 1 or 1A player he's already very good and looks to be an all star caliber player. So for them to move him for a pick that odds say won't be as good would be insanely dumb. Never mind actually throwing more picks in with him, which Dallas would demand because of above.

There just isn't a match with Boston and Dallas. The talks are silly.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Bamba would be a nightmare with the Celtics, but I don't think they can trade high enough to get him.

This draft has top blue chip talent, but the middle/top of the first isn't as strong as last year, then 20-40 it's VERY strong.
    Did you get that from Espn lol

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Did you get that from Espn lol
    No, did they say that? Cool. I just look down there all the time because I love the draft and follow the Warriors so year after year I've been looking at players mocked in that range and I notice this year there are so many guys who, while not likely to be stars sure look like they can be legit NBA players.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast