Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Draft

I think Trae Young has gone from over-rated to under-rated. And Mo Bamba the opposite.

This year's class is far better than next years, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Can't tell yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Can't tell yet.
    From what I saw online people thought it was a lock. Didn't see much good things about the 2019 class

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Duke C Wendell Carter is looking available at #10. Great solid player. Carter will beef up the front court. Is Rozier enough to get that pick? Rozier will fit in perfect with Philly and give them another “potential” big time scorer.

Or is Rozier a over pay for #10?
    Why would the Sixers do it?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Mike Sotto is a horrible source but he mentioned that the Nets wanna move up in this draft and use Carroll,Dinwiddie as assets. But they don't want to take on dead weight deals. Not sure they mean long term or what. Carroll be a $15M expiring contract. They be probably taking 2 years or so in return.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/08/bro...lwaukee-bucks/
    Dinwiddie for Denver’s 14th and Faried.

No, did they say that? Cool. I just look down there all the time because I love the draft and follow the Warriors so year after year I've been looking at players mocked in that range and I notice this year there are so many guys who, while not likely to be stars sure look like they can be legit NBA players.
    But you are right, 15-40 range is Crazy Talent

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    But you are right, 15-40 range is Crazy Talent
    I really like Elie Okobo, Chandler Hutchison, Aaron Holiday, Donte Divencenzo, Mo Wagner, Grayson Allen, Jared Vanderbilt ... and several others.

I really like Elie Okobo, Chandler Hutchison, Aaron Holiday, Donte Divencenzo, Mo Wagner, Grayson Allen, Jared Vanderbilt ... and several others.
    I think Chandler Hutchinson will be an all star

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    i think it is in terms of depth and also up top, especially when it comes to big men. however, it might not be as good at the 1-2 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i think it is in terms of depth and also up top, especially when it comes to big men. however, it might not be as good at the 1-2 positions.
    So probably better the Bucks kept the pick then, when? (Would have lost it if lost the conversation n flip for top 16 protected and finished 17)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Well the reasons they wouldn't are obvious... Rozier is an RFA after the year compared to a 4 year rookie scale deal. Then there's the obvious upside that the #10 pick will be a better player.

The reasons for a deal are that with the crapshoot nature of the draft, chances are Rozier will end up better than the #10 pick. Not that Rozier is anything special but he looks like he can be a solid starting PG or 6th man of the year contender. It's unlikely that there are 10 players better than him in most draft classes because just by nature most NBA picks flame out or underperform compared to their talent.

I think #10 is too high a pick to settle for Rozier so I wouldn't do it if I were Philly. I've compared Rozier's trade value to George Hill when he got dealt from SA in the same situation (last year before RFA, stuck behind an all star PG) for the #15 pick. PHI at #10 I'd take my chances on the pick - it's high enough that I'd feel good about it.

I think PHX at #16 is a good match from a value perspective and team fit. However, I think BOS will keep Rozier over a "fair" trade offer just because we already have a crowded roster and a ton of future picks. A mid 1st might pan out for us but again, most likely that player will flame out just by nature of the draft. And Rozier is a really valuable bench piece and long-term Kyrie insurance policy. For a team with legit title aspirations going into next year I think they'll favor the now over moving a piece for value. If they end up re-signing Kyrie and having to let Rozier walk for nothing because of luxury tax implications I doubt they'll look back and rue the day they didn't salvage value by a getting a mid 1st.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Rozier getting no love.

As for Boston trading Brown? I don’t think they should trade their leading playoff scorer. Tatums Super Star awaking talent is the only reason to “maybe” consider trading Brown for a elite big. In the draft only 2 bigs make sense to lose Brown. Ayton and Bagley. Bagley only weakness is defense but Stevens can change that. He’s already the best inside scorer in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    I don't think they'd do it straight up but if it was Rozier, Morris and #27 I would think that's an offer PHI would consider. Maybe another small piece coming back to BOS because I think that's a lopsided deal in PHI's favor.

Dropping 17 spots in the draft. Rozier has proven he can play off the ball so fitting in with Simmons and potentially Fultz shouldn't be an issue. Morris would be a nice rotational player for you guys. Honestly, I'd had to play against him in a PHI uniform.

I'm not as familiar with the PHI organization but after last year if I was the GM I'd be looking to add more playoff proven vets to a young team than more draft picks. But that's just me.

City of Champions

adding Morris and Rozier kills off a chance at a max FA and then forced overpay for Rozier or lose him and basically end up with nothing. We have Fultz so we really dont have use for Rozier. We had 3 key vets contribute to last season and then Amir Johnson, we dont exactly need to 10 vets. We kept a very nice balance. and they produced.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast