Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i cant see lebron going to the spurs unless they lock KL down right now. No way lebron risks KL walking.

LeBron + Kawhi = filthy... Manu better come back if that's the case. I don't care if Manu has to be caked in Bengay after every game/practice.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

If Harden and Cp challeneged the Warriors with the right role players. I have no doubt Bron, KL and Pops with the right role players can challenge the Warriors.

The best and easiest big move would be for Lebron and someone else to go to Philly. But if Iím Bron, if itís not Kawaii, Iíd probably just keep the pieces that are there and roll. Those guys are young and improving

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    LeBron + Kawhi = filthy... Manu better come back if that's the case. I don't care if Manu has to be caked in Bengay after every game/practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    If Harden and Cp challeneged the Warriors with the right role players. I have no doubt Bron, KL and Pops with the right role players can challenge the Warriors.

Not enough....

You need lineup like this to matchup.

Lbj, Kawhi, & PG. Also PG has to outplay Klay.

Lillard, Cj, Lbj, PG

Kemba, Westbrook, (West can not be the main ball handler), AD

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Not enough....

You need lineup like this to matchup.

Lbj, Kawhi, & PG. Also PG has to outplay Klay.

Lillard, Cj, Lbj, PG

Kemba, Westbrook, (West can not be the main ball handler), AD
    Houston opened up kind of a blue print to defend GS in the finals. As long as you have the defenders that can keep the game close and hold GS around 100, if you have clutch players that can close out the game, you can threaten and possibly beat GS. There's a good argument Houston may have won game 7 with Paul healthy. GS has shown it can wilt in pressure situations.

I think Pops can cook something up defensively with the right pieces, if he has Bron and Kawhi in the last few minutes, with Manu, Mills and other other guys experienced in closing things out I think the foundation is there. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I like the chances with the GOAT coach and arguable GOAT player, the best perimeter defender. Just need the right role/support players.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Houston opened up kind of a blue print to defend GS in the finals. As long as you have the defenders that can keep the game close and hold GS around 100, if you have clutch players that can close out the game, you can threaten and possibly beat GS. There's a good argument Houston may have won game 7 with Paul healthy. GS has shown it can wilt in pressure situations.

I think Pops can cook something up defensively with the right pieces, if he has Bron and Kawhi in the last few minutes, with Manu, Mills and other other guys experienced in closing things out I think the foundation is there. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I like the chances with the GOAT coach and arguable GOAT player, the best perimeter defender. Just need the right role/support players.
    The Warriors are 5-1 in elimination games over the last 3 seasons. I don't know that they really have a reputation for wilting under pressure. They certainly fell apart in 2016 though.

I'm not sure Houston's model can be copied by many teams, but I'm certainly looking forward to what comes next to see how the league adjusts. Pop and Stevens both have to be scary to the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I was kidding lol. LeBron's got too much pride to hit up KD to join.
    Why, heís done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors are 5-1 in elimination games over the last 3 seasons. I don't know that they really have a reputation for wilting under pressure. They certainly fell apart in 2016 though.

I'm not sure Houston's model can be copied by many teams, but I'm certainly looking forward to what comes next to see how the league adjusts. Pop and Stevens both have to be scary to the Warriors.
    Whatís great is how competitive, young natured and energetic Lacob and Guber appear after each championship. These dudes do not seem like the kind of guys to slip up. Should be good once the league re-tools again.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i cant see lebron going to the spurs unless they lock KL down right now. No way lebron risks KL walking.
    Everything I've read/heard lately points at Kawhi staying and not looking to leave. But we'll see what happens
    Last edited by kdspurman; 06-11-2018 at 09:35 AM.

I wonder if Nick Young can lock up a final 2/3 year deal, given his decent play with the Warriors this year. His numbers were down (41% vs 43%, 3PT: 37% vs 40%) in less minutes. But he was getting burn out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Everything I've read/heard lately points at Kawhi staying and not looking to leave. But we'll see what happens
    Sign the extension... I think LeBron won't take a look into the Spurs unless he knows Kawhi is in it for the long run.

Be hard to see how Spurs get capspace to sign LeBron. Mills on a 3 year deal yet. Green has a player option doubt he opts out he wont get any more money. Gay has a player option at $8.8M. Gasol at $16.8M yet. Then ya got Aldridge at $22.3M then Kawhi at $20M. Gets a little easier if Green and Gay opt out. Gives ya some wiggle room. Spurs don't have much for assets to dump a contract.

Doubt Gilbert accepts any sign and trade of LeBron without Kawhi coming back. Spurs probably have to cough up a first for each dead weight contract to dump Gasol, Mills then who knows about the player options for Green,Gay. Who knows maybe Mavs strikeout on free agents and use their cap to eat Gasol? Hard to say with Cuban. Maybe the Hawks eat a player for a pick?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Sign the extension... I think LeBron won't take a look into the Spurs unless he knows Kawhi is in it for the long run.
    LeBron could put the Spurs over the top even without Kawhi given San Antonio were up 20 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals in 2017 at Golden State.
    "Train hard, play (matches) harder"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast