Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1399
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah lots of division on that subject among the talking heads. I approve tho of diss tracks tho
    I personally think it's funny. I can laugh stuff like that off. But I think there has to be an element of "Dude.....really. Right now?" I doubt it would have an impact on FA, but if I were an incoming vet that's been around a long time I would be asking what is up with that and is it a maturity issue that they need to be plastering that all over social media.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I personally think it's funny. I can laugh stuff like that off. But I think there has to be an element of "Dude.....really. Right now?" I doubt it would have an impact on FA, but if I were an incoming vet that's been around a long time I would be asking what is up with that and is it a maturity issue that they need to be plastering that all over social media.
    Today I heard LaVar Ball was on TV somewhere saying PG13 was washed. I'm sure the Lakers were happy about that too. More "Really? Now?" stuff around the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Today I heard LaVar Ball was on TV somewhere saying PG13 was washed. I'm sure the Lakers were happy about that too. More "Really? Now?" stuff around the Lakers.
    Yea. Jeannie with he half naked bballs covering the **** twitter avatar must be pissed.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Did the Lakers have 3 superstars and won 73 games and made the Finals that season? Exactly
    I love how Klay and Draymond change from superstar to overrated and product of system based on the argument someone tries to make. Neither are superstars and I love their games. Both are all stars yes and both in the top 25-30 depending on how you want to argue. Neither superstar. Curry def was tho. Kobe joined Shaq one of the most dominate (the most physically) players of all time. And a bunch of over very good players. Kobe isn't some saint on what he did and was actually worse as he refused to play for them. You can dislike the choice KD made but it was his right to chose. Kobe hadn't earned that right. He was a rookie.

Edit: But if you want to continue this convo let's move it cause this thread is about Bron creating his 3rd super team cause the first 2 got used up.
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 06-14-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Without pg it wouldn't be prioritizing winning, certainly not too different from Cleveland and reupping there. I will only agree kd has made it impossible to survey free agency and build a contender unless you do what he did and join the dubs. They asked kd about him joining, pretty much didn't want to talk about it at all. You can EASILY tell when that beta gets uncomfortable
    He can go a lot of places and still be on a better team than Cleveland, so from that perspective "winning" is a priority I guess. But he's not joining a team that's ready to beat the Dubs, that team isn't out there. MAYBE Philly, but I don't think he really has his eyes on Philly. Because I think he wants LA - for more than basketball reasons. He might have to accept the fact that it might take an additional year to add pieces to compete with the Dubs, who should be another year worse by then as well.

I think LeBron knows at this point, his case against MJ is going to be "winning titles with three different teams". It's never gonna be 6 titles and his Finals record is always going to be used against him, whether you think it's fair or not. If he can build up another program from the bottom up and win 1 more chip, that could make a case for him. If he joins a stacked & ready-made contender like Houston or even Philly who is well on their way without him, he probably needs to go for 6 or 7 titles. That's a tougher climb IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    yup, they want clicks, even in the story they noted they are BFFs but the media will try to spin it with their headlines to gain a reaction and clicks. Now we know that the Lakers talked to them about it, Kuz/Ball probably laughed at each other when the meeting was over, but even the Lakers know they are just roasting each other they just dont have any idea how it would impact FAs.

PG13 seems to love hanging around these young Lakers, and the fun Bron had in Miami, he seemed he would fit right into this "roast" culture the team has.

BI (I believe) said either in Feb or April (im getting my dates mixed up and dont want to search) how close the team has gotten and how tight the entire group is because of the "roast" culture these young lakers have. They are all really like bros.

First Sim League Title!

Lol. LeBron is not heading to the Lakers if these young kids act a fool. Someone or some players need to be traded ASAP before LeBron commits. It's up to Magic to figure it out but if they want a serious run at LeBron, they'll need to start looking at trade options involving a combination of: Deng, Ball, Kuzma, Ingram. None of those players, IMO, have superstar talent. Ingram looks like he'll be a very good player but I am not convinced I see superstar talent from him. He's definitely the most promising of their pack.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Lol. LeBron is not heading to the Lakers if these young kids act a fool. Someone or some players need to be traded ASAP before LeBron commits. It's up to Magic to figure it out but if they want a serious run at LeBron, they'll need to start looking at trade options involving a combination of: Deng, Ball, Kuzma, Ingram. None of those players, IMO, have superstar talent. Ingram looks like he'll be a very good player but I am not convinced I see superstar talent from him. He's definitely the most promising of their pack.
    lol, Lebron effect already starting to unleash its fury in laker land. Letís see who can cater to him best..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    He can go a lot of places and still be on a better team than Cleveland, so from that perspective "winning" is a priority I guess. But he's not joining a team that's ready to beat the Dubs, that team isn't out there. MAYBE Philly, but I don't think he really has his eyes on Philly. Because I think he wants LA - for more than basketball reasons. He might have to accept the fact that it might take an additional year to add pieces to compete with the Dubs, who should be another year worse by then as well.

I think LeBron knows at this point, his case against MJ is going to be "winning titles with three different teams". It's never gonna be 6 titles and his Finals record is always going to be used against him, whether you think it's fair or not. If he can build up another program from the bottom up and win 1 more chip, that could make a case for him. If he joins a stacked & ready-made contender like Houston or even Philly who is well on their way without him, he probably needs to go for 6 or 7 titles. That's a tougher climb IMO.
    I mean, if he gets to 6 somehow, 6-6, 6-8 etc are all significantly better than 6-0

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I mean, if he gets to 6 somehow, 6-6, 6-8 etc are all significantly better than 6-0

Only to LeBron-haters is losing in the Finals worse than not making the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

If lebron rips off like 4 in 5 years, thatíll be close. The reason 6-0 is so untouchable is because once he started his reign, he absolutely owned the league. I agree, mathematically more finals appearances is better than less, but the reason Jordan is in such rarified air, and has this legacy he has, is because he ran the table clean and ran the league during his time. Lebron hasnít done that so far, so thatís the difference.

Itís just a diff story, and when all said and done maybe people will have him up there in the same status. He could go somewhere, restack his situation, and rattle off 3-4 straight. But as is right now, he simply not in Jordanís category, not to knock him, but to show proper respect to what it is Jordan really did. What he does has never been seen before in the modern era, and may never be again. Dubs tryina change that, but still got a long way to go

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If lebron rips off like 4 in 5 years, thatíll be close. The reason 6-0 is so untouchable is because once he started his reign, he absolutely owned the league. I agree, mathematically more finals appearances is better than less, but the reason Jordan is in such rarified air, and has this legacy he has, is because he ran the table clean and ran the league during his time. Lebron hasnít done that so far, so thatís the difference.

Itís just a diff story, and when all said and done maybe people will have him up there in the same status. He could go somewhere, restack his situation, and rattle off 3-4 straight. But as is right now, he simply not in Jordanís category, not to knock him, but to show proper respect to what it is Jordan really did. What he does has never been seen before in the modern era, and may never be again. Dubs tryina change that, but still got a long way to go
    man Ö I am no LeBron fan at all but to say he doesn't belong in Jordan's category is nonsense.... people can argue who is 1 through 5 all day long but to act that it is anything more than personal preference is silly

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    man Ö I am no LeBron fan at all but to say he doesn't belong in Jordan's category is nonsense.... people can argue who is 1 through 5 all day long but to act that it is anything more than personal preference is silly
    Yea, he's in Jordans category as a player, along with Shaq, arguably Hakeem, I assume kareem and Wilt. What I shoulda said is his "legacy", or whatever this thing is that makes people say Jordan is #1 as tho it's a fact even tho there are a clear 5-6 other players whom if someone took over him none of us could knock them for that. I mean more in the context of that thing, that 6-0 thing that got him this title of #1. It's unfair, but when this guy rocks 6 straight rings then of course people are gonna keep bringing that up. Poor lebron is the next goat level player to follow the guy that went 6-0, so naturally he gonna catch that heat
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If lebron rips off like 4 in 5 years, thatíll be close. The reason 6-0 is so untouchable is because once he sntarted his reign, he absolutely owned the league. I agree, mathematically more finals appearances is better than less, but the reason Jordan is in such rarified air, and has this legacy he has, is because he ran the table clean and ran the league during his time. Lebron hasnít done that so far, so thatís the difference.

Lol, comparing Dubs to one man

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Truth

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast