Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1399
    I've ruled out Cleveland completely from the equation..If you seriously think after looking at LeBron during the finals that he's not 120% committed to dethroning the Warriors you aren't thinking. The whole family aspect is nice and all, but this man is undoubtedly tired of getting trolled by Draymond Green at every parade. He's obviously going to consult his family, but you don't think they are in full support of him? If his kids are anything like him..they'll understand the competitive nature

I've also seen reports that LeBron's son has not committed to any HS yet..It's the same crap during the season where they said he was looking at schools in PA.

It's between Houston, Philadelphia, and LA.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    King of context? He just beat a good team missing 2 players and it took 7 games. You think that was some great team without him?

That's the context: It took a Lebron lead Cav's 7 games to beat a team missing it's 2 best players. If his team was that much better it wouldn't have taken 7 games.
    No. You make it seem like LeBron defeated a super team with trash around him.

In Philly, he has to get through Boston, who he just beat with a bad team around him.

Youre saying Philly will give him a better supporting cast and he just beat the Celtics with a bad team. Youre ignoring context. He BARELY beat a group of ROOKIE CONTRACT players who were missing their two BEST players. Hed be going to a team who got beat in 5 by that same group of players.

Ok? No it doesn't. Never would disagree with that. But the more players you can throw in that you ask 'how do you stop' the harder it becomes to defend. What worked for the Celtics was throwing multiple bodies at Simmons, slipping under every screen, and defending him with Horford. Pssst....Embiid still had a good individual series though.
    So Im saying the whos going to guard ___ is complete ******** and got exposed last month. Your players are flawed.

And what does that have to do with moving forward? Yes the Cetlics might have Irving and Hayward back (at this point with all the speculating who knows), but Simmons will have time to work on shooting. Embiid has an offseason to work on things.

I think too many fans thought because of injuries that the Sixers will roll. If you look at that thread you'll see that I didn't make a prediction. I asked who was going to cover who, and what ended up happening was Stevens went with what was the offensive advantage to him (Smart and Rozier in the backcourt, Horford at the 4, Baynes at the 5); and defensively let Smart and Rozier stay in the face of our shooters, while the other 3 clogged the lane. When Brown adjusted and threw in McConnell and we had a second ball handler, the Boston defense was thrown into a bit of confusion because now we had following cutters.

Outside of game 1, the Celtics average margin of victory was 3.3 points. Beat with ease?
    May have Irving and Hayward back? If they dont it means they upgraded elsewhere.

The whole our guys have the off-season to work on things is so narrow minded. So does every player in the league, including the Celtics players. Jaylen will improve his FT shooting, Tatum his play making, etc.

And yes, the Celtics had control the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    No. You make it seem like LeBron defeated a super team with trash around him.

In Philly, he has to get through Boston, who he just beat with a bad team around him.

Youre saying Philly will give him a better supporting cast and he just beat the Celtics with a bad team. Youre ignoring context. He BARELY beat a group of ROOKIE CONTRACT players who were missing their two BEST players. Hed be going to a team who got demolished by that same group of players.
    So then thats on you for putting personal context to something I said. He just beat Boston, true or false? His teammates did not play well, true or false? If you gave him a better team, he could stay ahead of that team with Kyrie and Gordon....that's what's up for question. But I would believe that even if the Celtics improve, Lebron with better teammates would still come out on top.

So Im saying the whos going to guard ___ is complete ******** and got exposed last month. Your players are flawed.
    Ok? It's still legitimate questions to talk about BEFORE A SERIES STARTS!

May have Irving and Hayward back? If they dont it means they upgraded elsewhere.
    And it's possible they downgraded in depth. There's a give and take.

The whole our guys have the off-season to work on things is so narrow minded. So does every player in the league, including the Celtics players. Jaylen will improve his FT shooting, Tatum his play making, etc.
    It's not narrow minded to say guys can improve. It's narrow minded to think that issues would stay the same.

And yes, the Celtics had control the whole series.
    Now your changing your tune. Having control and beating with ease are not the same.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I dunno. Whether it's a joke or not, I've seen about half a dozen articles this morning suggesting that the Lakers' front office isn't super stoked about it. And I don't care whether or not they're joking. It's just unprofessional.
    i havent seen 1 thing to suggest the Lakers are upset by this. Im sure they know how close the 2 are. These 2 are seriously BFFs. This is how they joke with each other all the time.

that last sentence, is just old man speak, its a different age with different players. Zo and Kuz grew up with Social media, and thats really their personallities. This isnt, DLo snitching on Nick Youngs personal affairs. This is all fun and games

have you seen Kuzmas twitter? He just roasts Josh Hart and Zo. Thats just how this young lakers team interacts. Zo-Hart-Kuz-BI are all super tight and literally just roast each other all day

media is running with it to create a story, but most of them know how cool they are.

Just look at Kuz roasting his teammates:

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status...83148484317184

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status...91855987793920

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status...86499368140800

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status...78563219533824 Kuz "cant stand" Josh Hart. harsh words from a teammate! why didnt this get blown up too?

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/999138956825444352

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/997645925068685313

I can keep going with all the "roasting" these young lakers do to each other. Its really much ado about nothing and a new age of teammates. you may think its "unprofessional" but these are how the young lakers interact and get closer with each other, its just their style

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    They would just agree on hating Trump a lot, and then they'd gel lol
    Wait until Trump becomes the NBA commish after his 8 years in office. Next big challenge: MAKE THE NBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Pop is definitely not some egomanic. He's pretty much the opposite.
    Pop gets a long with players that follows his rules and proto-type. Tough to see him dealing with a player with a ton of baggage- like Lebron

The point here being, if Bron goes to Philly, the only team really that could impede him from the finals is Boston. Yes Boston was injured and down 2 studs, but Bron carried that Cleveland team to the finals. If you give him better players around him, even with Kyrie and Hayward coming back, it's no lock that Boston automatically gets through.

Your claiming that asking questions about matchups before a series starts means someone gets exposed is stupid.

And it's not narrow to think players can improve. I hold the belief that the type of growth and improvement Simmons and Embiid can make ( along with not having every shooter go cold at the same moment) that we're going to be able to make a much bigger jump than some other teams can make with their best players improving. Embiid cutting down 1.5 TO per game, Simmons being a 28% 3-point shooter, and Fultz giving us anything is a massive change to the complexity of this team.

Sure Tatums play making and Browns FT% can help the Celtics, but overall their roles might dip some with Hayward and Irving back, so those growth and improvements might not have the same impact.

PROCESSING

I don't think winning is priority #1 with LeBron's decision this time around. If it was he wouldn't be considering LA. I think he's ready to enjoy the twilight of his career with a little less pressure. Of course he wants to win, but I think the family stuff matters more at this point and let's face it - there is nowhere he can go this year to compete with GS. Don't think it's a good look if he continues to get smacked by them with a team a notch below.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    KD isnt on Kobe level.
    Hes way better

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    i havent seen 1 thing to suggest the Lakers are upset by this.
    I've seen multiple articles sourcing comments from Ramona Shelburne this morning that suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    KD isnt on Kobe level.
    Hes way better

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think winning is priority #1 with LeBron's decision this time around. If it was he wouldn't be considering LA. I think he's ready to enjoy the twilight of his career with a little less pressure. Of course he wants to win, but I think the family stuff matters more at this point and let's face it - there is nowhere he can go this year to compete with GS. Don't think it's a good look if he continues to get smacked by them with a team a notch below.
    I'm on the opposite spectrum, but we'll have to see how it plays out. I think this season proved that GS leaves some leeway where they aren't invincible..especially if an injury occurs. If he's able to get the opportunity there is no question that he has the potential to go super nova and beat the Warriors.

He needs to beat GS:

A) Length/athleticism/versaility in his wing defenders
    B) Shooting
    C) Rim protector

With Houston and Philadelphia all of those things are essentially covered. People always talk about a rim protector clogging the lane for LeBron and then we see the cavaliers rolling out the red carpet for the free lane to the hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Hes way better
    go get em, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've seen multiple articles sourcing comments from Ramona Shelburne this morning that suggests otherwise.
    this reads like the OBJ saga with 2 reporters going at it. 1 saying giants wish OBJ would practice more (Josina) and 2 (Kim Jones) saying this was all agreed on by the Giants FO and staff.

Ill buy that, maybe the Lakers arent to happy with it, but with how tight Zo/Kuz (unless something happened im not sure about) im sure they were laughing their *** off and the Lakers probably told Kuz not to respond.

ESPN has been under fire with their recent reporting because they havent reported the entire story. And just this week with the OBJ saga, and with the AB saga (not using the proper context about his free comments and how they tried to use his comments as condemning leveon bell) to spin their story for ratings which werent 100% true.

Bits and pieces were true, but they only told a small part of the story to use on their host of shows for daily topics

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Hes way better
    Eh Kobe never joined a 73 win team and still won 5, there's no more loyalty in the NBA just a bunch of ring chasers

Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast