Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1373
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    KD isnít on Kobe level.
    KD may be a coward but hes surely better than Kobe
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Great discussion going on GET UP! right now and making the argument from LeBron's point of view if LAL and PHILLY are the top options:
    In LAL he has 2 things, (1) he has to get through GSW first; and (2) in LAL if if he manages to win, he's just another name and another banner that blends in.

In Philly, he has to get through Boston, who he just beat with a bad team around him. And in Philly if he wins, he's a hero and because it would be a rare banner he would be forever part of the legacy.

The fit on the court part was put to rest some too, in that in the regular season you got a guy that can be on each side of the rim taking the outlet pass and leading the ball up court, while the other can just take off. Then you got Embiid trailing. And in the playoffs, imagine a horns (double pin pick) play with LeBron, Embiid, Simmons where all 3 guys can do all 3 jobs. And you add in two shooters. Who exactly do you give the added help to?

PROCESSING

I can't wait to see how lebron finds a way to paint himself the victim for leaving his hometown team for the 2nd time.....i'm sure he's got his angle all planned out though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    KD may be a coward but hes surely better than Kobe
    I feel like KD needed not to choke against the warriors in 2016 to surpass kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Great discussion going on GET UP! right now and making the argument from LeBron's point of view if LAL and PHILLY are the top options:
    In LAL he has 2 things, (1) he has to get through GSW first; and (2) in LAL if if he manages to win, he's just another name and another banner that blends in.

In Philly, he has to get through Boston, who he just beat with a bad team around him. And in Philly if he wins, he's a hero and because it would be a rare banner he would be forever part of the legacy.

The fit on the court part was put to rest some too, in that in the regular season you got a guy that can be on each side of the rim taking the outlet pass and leading the ball up court, while the other can just take off. Then you got Embiid trailing. And in the playoffs, imagine a horns (double pin pick) play with LeBron, Embiid, Simmons where all 3 guys can do all 3 jobs. And you add in two shooters. Who exactly do you give the added help to?
    Yawn!

The spinning is hilarious... I guess kobe and shaq's chips mean less than Magic and Kareem's which mean less than the Mikan chips

Here is some spin for you... Bron goes to LA because it is a tougher road and wins a chip or two by dethroning GS... His legacy as the GOAT would be set at that point...

Good Luck to you guys... I am assuming he is either going to LA or staying in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Yawn!

The spinning is hilarious... I guess kobe and shaq's chips mean less than Magic and Kareem's which mean less than the Mikan chips

Here is some spin for you... Bron goes to LA because it is a tougher road and wins a chip or two by dethroning GS... His legacy as the GOAT would be set at that point...

Good Luck to you guys... I am assuming he is either going to LA or staying in Cleveland
    Wasn't saying it means less, but rather he's another name among all of those.

The spin part.....why would he do that? If he fails to make the finals it's a bigger hit to his legacy than staying in the east and fails to win in the finals. Why would players take the harder path willingly? (Did I do that right KD fans?)

I'm not going to assume anything.

PROCESSING

I still think the Lakers are the favorites, but all of this stupid crap with Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma has to scare the Lakers' front office a bit in terms of their chances of getting PG and Lebron. If I was a veteran star player, I'm not sure I would want to sign a long-term deal to babysit a bunch of spoiled, entitled children.

Frankly, if I'm in the Lakers' front office, I'd be livid with them right now and would be having a serious conversation with both of them, requesting they apologize to each other publicly ASAP. And when free agency starts in a few weeks and I get sit-down meetings with Lebron and PG, I let them know right away that those two are expendable and that they can rework the personnel around them if they pick the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I still think the Lakers are the favorites, but all of this stupid crap with Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma has to scare the Lakers' front office a bit in terms of their chances of getting PG and Lebron. If I was a veteran star player, I'm not sure I would want to sign a long-term deal to babysit a bunch of spoiled, entitled children.

Frankly, if I'm in the Lakers' front office, I'd be livid with them right now and would be having a serious conversation with both of them, requesting they apologize to each other publicly ASAP. And when free agency starts in a few weeks and I get sit-down meetings with Lebron and PG, I let them know right away that those two are expendable and that they can rework the personnel around them if they pick the Lakers.
    bro, Kuz and Lonzo are BFFs. They roast each other all day long. Little Melo always tries to roast Kuz but Kuz stay getting him.

Im surprised Kuz hasnt responded, but Lonzo's track got em!

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Just beat Boston with a bad team around him lmfaooooo. The Celtics were missing their top 2 players. Their three highest playoff scorers were aged 20, 21, and 23. King of context, you are.

People were saying the exact same thing for the Celtics vs 76íers series this year. Who will cover Embiid? Who will cover Simmons? The Sixers got demolished. Unfortunately, having a couple of talented players doesnít automatically equal success.

Simmons canít shoot. Embiid is talented but doesnít play smart. The Celtics beat them with ease, without their two best players.
    Last edited by ZH721; 06-13-2018 at 10:45 AM.

lets create drama where none exists

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    bro, Kuz and Lonzo are BFFs. They roast each other all day long. Little Melo always tries to roast Kuz but Kuz stay getting him.

Im surprised Kuz hasnt responded, but Lonzo's track got em!
    I dunno. Whether it's a joke or not, I've seen about half a dozen articles this morning suggesting that the Lakers' front office isn't super stoked about it. And I don't care whether or not they're joking. It's just unprofessional.

There's a growing rumor that PG is seriously considering staying in OKC. If that happens I think LAL is going to be hard pressed to land LBJ.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    lets create drama where none exists
    I'm not the one creating it. Google "Kyle Kuzma Lonzo Ball" this morning and see how the media is reacting to it. Again, whether this is a joke or not, it's not a good look for a team looking the land the biggest star in all of sports in the next 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Just beat Boston with a bad team around him lmfaooooo. The Celtics were missing their top 2 players. Their three highest playoff scorers were aged 19, 21, and 23. King of context, you are.
    King of context? He just beat a good team missing 2 players and it took 7 games. You think that was some great team without him?

That's the context: It took a Lebron lead Cav's 7 games to beat a team missing it's 2 best players. If his team was that much better it wouldn't have taken 7 games.

People were saying the exact same thing for the Celtics vs 76íers series this year. Who will cover Embiid? Who will cover Simmons? The Sixers got demolished. Unfortunately, having a couple of talented players doesnít automatically equal success.
    Ok? No it doesn't. Never would disagree with that. But the more players you can throw in that you ask 'how do you stop' the harder it becomes to defend. What worked for the Celtics was throwing multiple bodies at Simmons, slipping under every screen, and defending him with Horford. Pssst....Embiid still had a good individual series though.

Simmons canít shoot. Embiid is talented but doesnít play smart. The Celtics beat them with ease, without their two best players.
    And what does that have to do with moving forward? Yes the Cetlics might have Irving and Hayward back (at this point with all the speculating who knows), but Simmons will have time to work on shooting. Embiid has an offseason to work on things.

I think too many fans thought because of injuries that the Sixers will roll. If you look at that thread you'll see that I didn't make a prediction. I asked who was going to cover who, and what ended up happening was Stevens went with what was the offensive advantage to him (Smart and Rozier in the backcourt, Horford at the 4, Baynes at the 5); and defensively let Smart and Rozier stay in the face of our shooters, while the other 3 clogged the lane. When Brown adjusted and threw in McConnell and we had a second ball handler, the Boston defense was thrown into a bit of confusion because now we had following cutters.

Outside of game 1, the Celtics average margin of victory was 3.3 points. Beat with ease?

PROCESSING

I dunno. Whether it's a joke or not, I've seen about half a dozen articles this morning suggesting that the Lakers' front office isn't super stoked about it. And I don't care whether or not they're joking. It's just unprofessional.
    And do you really want to deal with this, even if they promise to trade him:
    https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undi.../1253987395677

PROCESSING

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast