Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1352
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    If I am Philly, Iím trying to bring in Kawaii and Lebron. I feel they would smoke GS
    What does Philly have to trade for Kawhi, though? Really doesn't add up and Spurs are not stupid. Better off going to OKC. I'll take any young talent with potential for PG. Give us Saric and Fultz. We'll take Bayless as well to make salaries work. ANY young talent would be best for us. I've lost hope on Melo/Westbrook. We need to start rebuilding this crap show.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    Lebron wants to play with CP3 but not in Houston. They are both going to sign with the Lakers via cap room. CP3 loves LA. He thought he had to leave to get away from the Clippers. Paul George is going to tell OKC if they want to get something for him they are going to have to trade him to the Lakers, just like CP3 did to the Clippers last year.

Those three guys plus the young guys the Lakers already have could compete with golden state.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...rs-516571.html

CP3/Ball
    George/Hart
    Ingram/
    Lebron/Kuzma
    Lopez

S&T Randle to OKC for George?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    But my gut in this LeBron+CP3+Harden ordeal has been that CP3 is not a required piece and you're better off getting something else to compliment Harden+LeBron.
    That makes zero sense to me. Lebron doesn't come to Houston if Paul isn't here. They're a package deal, dude. Lebron wouldn't be like "Screw you, Chris. You're out, and I'm in!"

I never said Ben+Embiid are a better duo than Houston but that's irrelevant.. It's who LeBron will play better WITH and as I have stated, Ben and Embiid pose a significant size advantage over any lineup Warriors choose to play with. Adding Bron to that team just creates a whole bunch of nightmare for the other team because Simmons and Bron can switch up against just about anyone.
    Think about this, though. Would Lebron rather play somewhere where HE plays better or where the TEAM plays better? Look at this Cleveland team as an example. His numbers this postseason have been absolutely monstrous. This might be the greatest postseason of his career. ...and it's a miracle that he's in the playoffs.

I don't think Lebron needs to go somewhere where he personally is going to post the best numbers and play the best. If he wanted to do that, why leave Cleveland? That team is a dumpster fire without him, and he's posting insane numbers there.

"It's not rocket science." You're right, and it isn't rocket science to also say that Ben Simmons and Embiid are still growing as NBA players whereas Harden+CP3 are not. It seems you're stuck on the short. I'm thinking long-term. If LeBron doesn't win in Houston next season, do you think their odds increase the next? Or the year after? I sure as hell don't. If they don't win, are they trading a 35 year old CP3? Good luck trying to. Is that rocket science for you? Because it's an universal ABC language for everyone else.
    How likely is it that Embiid and Simmons are going to be as good as Harden and Paul in the next 3 years, though? I'd say less than 5 percent. And who cares after that? Because Lebron may be a freak of nature, but at some point in the next 3-5 years, the dude is going to drop off. If Lebron's ultimately going to make this choice based on the place he's most likely to win a title, I can assure you he's not thinking about four years from now. He's thinking about the best place to win a title in the immediate future.

USG% is not as relevant as you think it is and it's a poor example on OKC's part. For one, we simply had no depth so we relied on three players to do the scoring. Two, one guy just pads stats (Westbrook). Three, Melo never quite fit in his position. There really is no precadent for it where three players with completely overlapping abilities who all have shown they need the ball to be their best version of themselves, are on the same team.
    Except there is, and I've said that there is. You keep repeating that like it's going to change my mind or that I'm suddenly going to go "You know what? I didn't believe it the first 37 times he said it. But it's starting to sink in now!" And you don't like the OKC example? Let's take Houston this season. Lebron's USG% (31.6) is less than 7 percentage points higher than Eric Gordon's (24.7).

I'm not saying USG% is the end-all, be-all of stats when it comes to ball dominance, but I think you're seriously underestimating how many possessions that dude uses and how often he has the ball in his hand. He took more FGA per game than Paul and he had nearly as many FTA. I realize that Eric Gordon isn't Lebron, but it's an indication of how that trio might work, because there's rarely a moment in a Rockets game where the ball isn't in Harden, Paul or Gordon's hands for more than 1-2 seconds.

I keep repeating myself? Well, maybe if you'd stop responding with the same stuff saying I am "hypothetically" speaking whereas you seem to think you are the truthteller, I wouldn't have to. One sentence is you saying I don't know about the future while the next is you seemingly pretending you do. It seems you try to ejalculate into conversations by being the guy who says, "look man, we can agree to disagree but you're wrong and I'm right" because that's the impression I'm getting. You can say, that same line every time you want but I know you're just doing it out of courtesy so let's cut the b/s, shall we?
    Fine. You're wrong, and I'm right. You're entitled to your wrong opinion, but you're wrong and it's wrong and you should feel bad about how wrong you are. That better?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    Lebron wants to play with CP3 but not in Houston. They are both going to sign with the Lakers via cap room. CP3 loves LA. He thought he had to leave to get away from the Clippers. Paul George is going to tell OKC if they want to get something for him they are going to have to trade him to the Lakers, just like CP3 did to the Clippers last year.

Those three guys plus the young guys the Lakers already have could compete with golden state.
    You keep reaching for those stars! It's important to have hopes and dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You keep reaching for those stars! It's important to have hopes and dreams!

So many Rumors!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

CP3/Ball
    George/Hart
    Ingram/
    Lebron/Kuzma
    Lopez

Of course I would love that as well. Although I would prefer if the Lakers could somehow keep Randle for his defensive switching ability. Kuzma is a good scorer but with those three I don't know if they need more scoring. Randle fits in the mold of switching bigs that are used a lot in today's defenses.

And I'm not sure about the sign and trade for players that are restricted free agents. Don't know if that works

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

CP3/Ball
    George/Hart
    Ingram/
    Lebron/Kuzma
    Lopez

C'mon man. Did you read the actual NY Times article? I did this afternoon. It's a decent piece, but it's just Stein throwing out a guess based on his own hunches. I love that the brilliant folks who run PSD saw it and decided to throw "Report" in the headline like its an actual legitimate rumor based on a source, but there is no rumor or evidence to support it. It's just a crappy attempt at PSD to generate clicks based on a misleading headline.

I must say so far the responses are a little surprising.

I cannot see CP3 leaving the Rockets. That would be weak as hell. He seems to have invested a lot in the Harden partnership and in the city in general. They should have won a championship this year but he got hurt. He is gonna stay there. If not I have lost all faith in any of these guys doing anything at all but seeking the easiest path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but If Lebron ends up leaving the team and decides
    to sign with another contender for a vet minimum like a 4 yr deal but can opt out after two
    would you as Cav's fans welcome him back? Or would you be against it? I know there were a lot
    of hurt and pissed off Cav's fans the first time he left but would the same be said if it happened again? Before anyone asks me why is this in the NBA forum and not the Cav's forum I figured there
    would be more foot traffic here.
    The circumstances now are different from what they were before.

LeBron went to the Heat when he was just 26 years old. He was entering his prime, and he hadn't won a championship with Cleveland. He also went on national television and announced it during a special.

Fast forward to now: LeBron CAME BACK, and brought a title to Cleveland, is 33 years old so he'll start declining.

It would still suck to see him go, but I've talked to plenty of Cavs fans and they feel pretty satisfied. We celebrated our championship in epic fashion (it felt sooooo good to come back from being down 3-1, god it was orgasmic). So the hurt will be a lot less now than it was back then.
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

C'mon man. Did you read the actual NY Times article? I did this afternoon. It's a decent piece, but it's just Stein throwing out a guess based on his own hunches. I love that the brilliant folks who run PSD saw it and decided to throw "Report" in the headline like its an actual legitimate rumor based on a source, but there is no rumor or evidence to support it. It's just a crappy attempt at PSD to generate clicks based on a misleading headline.
    The brilliant folks at psd do ****ing click bait after ****ing click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt:32386334
    I'm a LeBron fan but I have followed enough Cavs threads (by virtue of being a LeBron fan) to read that most Cleveland Cavs fans have no ill will towards LeBron leaving Cleveland again. He said he would win a ring for Cleveland, he did. At the end of the day, he's gotta do what's right for him and his family and if he truly thinks Cleveland can't provide that for him, then it's time to think past basketball and just appreciate the fact he chose to come back when Cleveland had nothing going for them.

Also, I don't think LeBron takes anything less than the max (unless you can convince him that you are adding a top ten guy). There is too much money in today's NBA environment that anyone willing to give up that amount of money in an uncertain league is simply making a poor financial decision.
    WTF are you talking about? He only came back to CLE because Wade and Bosh were on the downside of their career and CLE had Kyrie and was rumored to be bringing K Love if LeBron went there, giving him an easy road to the finals in the weak *** Eastern conference.

Face it, he only goes where it will be easiest to win. Now that it's harder to win in CLE with Kyrie gone and Love not as effective, he will leave to join younger stars. He's been ring chasing his entire career.

He'll go wherever it's easiest to win, as always.

Lmfao yea hard to believe all these rumors flying around, ready to actually find out what happens!

Bron is done on Cleveland. We know Bron by now. His body language tonight says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    What does Philly have to trade for Kawhi, though? Really doesn't add up and Spurs are not stupid. Better off going to OKC. I'll take any young talent with potential for PG. Give us Saric and Fultz. We'll take Bayless as well to make salaries work. ANY young talent would be best for us. I've lost hope on Melo/Westbrook. We need to start rebuilding this crap show.
    Maybe a three team swap where PG goes to SA?!

Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast