Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 31.58%
  • No

    13 68.42%
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1399
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    I just think going forward Boston is probably going to give Philly some problems. They have some tradeable assets to acquire another big name player if they want plus they will get back Hayward and Kyrie next year too. That won't be easy to contend with. If it weren't for Kyrie being there, I would say Lebron should join Boston if he wants another ring.
    Kyrie being there really isn't a problem, though, is it? Are we 100% sure Kyrie left because of LeBron or because management leaked that Kyrie was in trade considerations? Boston is a great place. I think if Boston is serious, they should offer Cleveland Hayward, Rosier, and picks for LeBron. Cavs do a sign-and-trade so LeBron can get his money and Cleveland gets something back. Works for both sides. Cleveland won't like it but they get Gordon for long-term, Rosier is a very good player, and depending on who they pick with their lottery pick for this season, Cleveland would also get picks from Boston in the future.

    Gordon
    Love
    Rosier
    TT
    Hill

    I mean, it ain't the best but it could be a lot worse once you lose LeBron.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52,195
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kyrie being there really isn't a problem, though, is it? Are we 100% sure Kyrie left because of LeBron or because management leaked that Kyrie was in trade considerations? Boston is a great place. I think if Boston is serious, they should offer Cleveland Hayward, Rosier, and picks for LeBron. Cavs do a sign-and-trade so LeBron can get his money and Cleveland gets something back. Works for both sides. Cleveland won't like it but they get Gordon for long-term, Rosier is a very good player, and depending on who they pick with their lottery pick for this season, Cleveland would also get picks from Boston in the future.

    Gordon
    Love
    Rosier
    TT
    Hill

    I mean, it ain't the best but it could be a lot worse once you lose LeBron.
    Is that a .500 team?

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kyrie being there really isn't a problem, though, is it? Are we 100% sure Kyrie left because of LeBron or because management leaked that Kyrie was in trade considerations? Boston is a great place. I think if Boston is serious, they should offer Cleveland Hayward, Rosier, and picks for LeBron. Cavs do a sign-and-trade so LeBron can get his money and Cleveland gets something back. Works for both sides. Cleveland won't like it but they get Gordon for long-term, Rosier is a very good player, and depending on who they pick with their lottery pick for this season, Cleveland would also get picks from Boston in the future.

    Gordon
    Love
    Rosier
    TT
    Hill

    I mean, it ain't the best but it could be a lot worse once you lose LeBron.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCav3ZDm2wk

    When I watch this interview from when Kyrie asked to be traded(and there are multiple parts in different links to this video) I do think there definitely was some animosity between Irving and Lebron. He gave zero warning about requesting a trade to Lebron nor consulted him at any point it seems about him having feelings towards leaving. He really didn't owe Lebron an explanation but if he wanted to leave on positive terms, he wouldn't have surprised his teammates and the organization. Lebron almost certainly has to be a major reason he left because he helps define the team culture and he makes frequent remarks about the culture and wanting to get out during that interview. Whether or not their relationship can be repaired, idk. If Kyrie wasn't there, I definitely think Boston would make a ton of sense for Lebron this summer. We will see.

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,957
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Vet min by nature is a 1 year deal
    I'm fairly sure a player is allowed to sign a multi-year minimum deal, but they can't do it if the team they are signing with is over the cap.

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    29,299
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Lol. It's funny you keep saying everything I have said is unproven and hypothetical when I have said it has been my opinion and I am simply providing an argument for my opinion. You know, you can disagree without trying to sound as if everything I am saying is an opinion to try and portray yourself as having credible facts but you have just as much evidence as I do.
    I am operating on facts. Houston was better than Philly last season. That is a fact.

    We're simply two fans arguing for two likely teams he may go to. Please stop trying to make this any more than it has to be. Can he go to Houston? Should he go to Houston? Sure. Philly? Sure. They both work. I just side with Philly because I think it's a better opportunity. Why the need to even mention, "you're just guessing. you don't know." Yes, you're right. I think we're both smart enough to know it's a guess, dude. It doesn't have to be stated numerous times by you.
    Because you're hypothesizing about which team could feasibly be better while not remotely considering the actual talent on the floor. There's not an NBA fan on the planet who would argue that Embiid and Simmons are a better duo talent-wise than Harden and Paul. Nor would anyone argue that Philly was a better team this season than Houston. So your entire argument is based on hypothetical fit.

    At least my argument is cemented in some semblance of fact. I'm using the transitive property here. If Houston is better now than Philly and both teams would improve with the addition of Lebron, then Houston with Lebron would be better than Philly with Lebron. It's not rocket science, dude...

    I'll just talk about the precedent because I think that's the only thing that can be argued factually whereas the other points can be manipulated based on who you speak to.
    Exactly! And what precedent is there that we can gather anything from? The Rockets are a better basketball team with two superstars. Also, Lebron has thrived in teams with multiple superstars in the past. Therefore, what evidence is there to suggest he could not survive on this team?

    No, there was no precedent. On-court ball dominance is not the same as USG% rate or shots attempted. What we do know is that Harden, CP3, and Bron were league leaders at ball dominating throughout their career. That's simply the truth. Miami, that was not the case because it didn't have to be. Bosh was quickly sidelined and though he did need the ball in Toronto, that was simply because no one else was good enough to take the ball. The nature of Bosh's game really never required the ball every possession and that's why Miami played him the way they did. It's why Cleveland play Love the way they do. Their purpose was to spread the floor as a big man for LeBron/Wade and or LeBron/Kyrie.
    I feel like you and I were having the exact same argument last summer about Harden and Paul. Didn't you say essentially the same thing about them?

    Warriors, hardly the same. Curry, Klay, and Draymond were drafted by the Warriors and created the system they had. Klay is a catch and shoot player, Draymond plays great in the elbow to make a pass and or set picks for the team, and Curry's game truly doesn't need the ball. That's why his presence on the court is ever mentioned - he can beat you without touching the ball by getting others open. KD joining that team just filled a void already left by Barnes so it wasn't like Steph/Klay/Draymond all had to sacrifice an abundance of opportunities. Playing with Barnes had already prepared those three guys to be able to play with KD.
    You keep repeating yourself. I don't need to read the same thing 17 times. Yes, I get your point. But just because the Warriors do something one way doesn't mean that has to work for every team. Houston proved that this season. You don't have to play like Golden State to beat Golden State, and you don't have to play that way to maximize your talent if you have multiple superstars.

    I'm not sure how they would play together, but I know they'd find a way to make it work.

    We literally have never seen a precadent of three ball dominating players at the level they are right now, on a single team. Closest I can think of are the OKC but Melo is past his prime, PG isn't really a ball dominating player of the rest of the guys, and well, we are just a mess of a team when it did happen.
    I think you're seriously overplaying this whole "We've never seen this" argument. Who cares whether we've seen it or not? People LITERALLY said the exact same thing last season. Hell, they said the same thing when Lebron and Wade played together.

    If history has taught us anything, it's that more superstars who can create for others is a good thing. It gives an offense variety and it allows other stars to get some time off some possessions so they don't have to play at 100 percent every single offensive play.

    Also, the OKC team is a good example of a trio of players who boasted high usage rates and were still able to coexist, as all three guys boasted USG% higher than 23. Harden, Lebron and CP3's combined USG% this season (92%) is less than 10 percentage points higher than that OKC trio (83%), and that's with Harden boasting the highest USG% of his career by a mile. Also, you know what the big difference between those trios would be? Houston's trio is far, far, far more talented than OKC's. And they don't have someone like Melo dragging them down.

    I hope from this we both see possible teams he could go to but I stand with my opinion and belief that Philly makes the most sense, followed by Spurs, and then the Celtics or Houston. Celtics, I don't think they want LeBron as much as the rest of the guys so I leave them out of it. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he chose any of the three I mentioned because they are all great teams for him.
    Hey man, you're entitled to your opinion. You aren't going to sway me, just like I'm not going to sway you. And ultimately what we matter means absolutely nothing. Lebron will make the decision he's going to make. But I don't know how anyone could look at the two teams and say "Philly with Lebron would be better than Houston with Lebron." That logic just makes zero sense to me.

    There are a lot of reasons why Lebron might just Philly over Houston. But a perceived better chance at winning a championship shouldn't be one of them...

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,883
    Yeah I'd welcome him back.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    8,219
    Lebron wants to play with CP3 but not in Houston. They are both going to sign with the Lakers via cap room. CP3 loves LA. He thought he had to leave to get away from the Clippers. Paul George is going to tell OKC if they want to get something for him they are going to have to trade him to the Lakers, just like CP3 did to the Clippers last year.

    Those three guys plus the young guys the Lakers already have could compete with golden state.

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,087
    There are more important things to weigh than who was better last season

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,087
    Wont be surprised if Wade joins him

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I am operating on facts. Houston was better than Philly last season. That is a fact.


    Because you're hypothesizing about which team could feasibly be better while not remotely considering the actual talent on the floor. There's not an NBA fan on the planet who would argue that Embiid and Simmons are a better duo talent-wise than Harden and Paul. Nor would anyone argue that Philly was a better team this season than Houston. So your entire argument is based on hypothetical fit.

    At least my argument is cemented in some semblance of fact. I'm using the transitive property here. If Houston is better now than Philly and both teams would improve with the addition of Lebron, then Houston with Lebron would be better than Philly with Lebron. It's not rocket science, dude...


    Exactly! And what precedent is there that we can gather anything from? The Rockets are a better basketball team with two superstars. Also, Lebron has thrived in teams with multiple superstars in the past. Therefore, what evidence is there to suggest he could not survive on this team?


    I feel like you and I were having the exact same argument last summer about Harden and Paul. Didn't you say essentially the same thing about them?


    You keep repeating yourself. I don't need to read the same thing 17 times. Yes, I get your point. But just because the Warriors do something one way doesn't mean that has to work for every team. Houston proved that this season. You don't have to play like Golden State to beat Golden State, and you don't have to play that way to maximize your talent if you have multiple superstars.

    I'm not sure how they would play together, but I know they'd find a way to make it work.


    I think you're seriously overplaying this whole "We've never seen this" argument. Who cares whether we've seen it or not? People LITERALLY said the exact same thing last season. Hell, they said the same thing when Lebron and Wade played together.

    If history has taught us anything, it's that more superstars who can create for others is a good thing. It gives an offense variety and it allows other stars to get some time off some possessions so they don't have to play at 100 percent every single offensive play.

    Also, the OKC team is a good example of a trio of players who boasted high usage rates and were still able to coexist, as all three guys boasted USG% higher than 23. Harden, Lebron and CP3's combined USG% this season (92%) is less than 10 percentage points higher than that OKC trio (83%), and that's with Harden boasting the highest USG% of his career by a mile. Also, you know what the big difference between those trios would be? Houston's trio is far, far, far more talented than OKC's. And they don't have someone like Melo dragging them down.


    Hey man, you're entitled to your opinion. You aren't going to sway me, just like I'm not going to sway you. And ultimately what we matter means absolutely nothing. Lebron will make the decision he's going to make. But I don't know how anyone could look at the two teams and say "Philly with Lebron would be better than Houston with Lebron." That logic just makes zero sense to me.

    There are a lot of reasons why Lebron might just Philly over Houston. But a perceived better chance at winning a championship shouldn't be one of them...
    I knew CP3 in Houston would work because uhm, I've seen Harden play behind West/Durant. You're talking about the wrong person but I thank you for thinking about me. Those who said it wouldn't work clearly did not know who James Harden was before he arrived to the Rockets. No doubt in my mind that CP3 trade made sense. But my gut in this LeBron+CP3+Harden ordeal has been that CP3 is not a required piece and you're better off getting something else to compliment Harden+LeBron. I never said Ben+Embiid are a better duo than Houston but that's irrelevant.. It's who LeBron will play better WITH and as I have stated, Ben and Embiid pose a significant size advantage over any lineup Warriors choose to play with. Adding Bron to that team just creates a whole bunch of nightmare for the other team because Simmons and Bron can switch up against just about anyone.

    "It's not rocket science." You're right, and it isn't rocket science to also say that Ben Simmons and Embiid are still growing as NBA players whereas Harden+CP3 are not. It seems you're stuck on the short. I'm thinking long-term. If LeBron doesn't win in Houston next season, do you think their odds increase the next? Or the year after? I sure as hell don't. If they don't win, are they trading a 35 year old CP3? Good luck trying to. Is that rocket science for you? Because it's an universal ABC language for everyone else.

    USG% is not as relevant as you think it is and it's a poor example on OKC's part. For one, we simply had no depth so we relied on three players to do the scoring. Two, one guy just pads stats (Westbrook). Three, Melo never quite fit in his position. There really is no precadent for it where three players with completely overlapping abilities who all have shown they need the ball to be their best version of themselves, are on the same team.

    I keep repeating myself? Well, maybe if you'd stop responding with the same stuff saying I am "hypothetically" speaking whereas you seem to think you are the truthteller, I wouldn't have to. One sentence is you saying I don't know about the future while the next is you seemingly pretending you do. It seems you try to ejalculate into conversations by being the guy who says, "look man, we can agree to disagree but you're wrong and I'm right" because that's the impression I'm getting. You can say, that same line every time you want but I know you're just doing it out of courtesy so let's cut the b/s, shall we?

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    Lebron wants to play with CP3 but not in Houston. They are both going to sign with the Lakers via cap room. CP3 loves LA. He thought he had to leave to get away from the Clippers. Paul George is going to tell OKC if they want to get something for him they are going to have to trade him to the Lakers, just like CP3 did to the Clippers last year.

    Those three guys plus the young guys the Lakers already have could compete with golden state.
    CP3+LeBron+PG? I think you guys could do much better, honestly. I'm very high on PG and would thank him for offering a sign-and-trade but we'd have to get Ingram, Kuzma, and we'll take Deng off your books.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    8,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    CP3+LeBron+PG? I think you guys could do much better, honestly. I'm very high on PG and would thank him for offering a sign-and-trade but we'd have to get Ingram, Kuzma, and we'll take Deng off your books.
    The Lakers would probably have to give up someone good but I don't think both Ingram and kuzma. Might be kuzma and two first-rounders.

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    The Lakers would probably have to give up someone good but I don't think both Ingram and kuzma. Might be kuzma and two first-rounders.
    We'll take it? please? lol

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bi-Winning. I win here and I win there.
    Posts
    8,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    We'll take it? please? lol
    Haha, obviously I have no control but I would be okay with that if it guaranteed those other guys coming and having that team. Watching the Lakers suck for the past 5 years has gotten me desperate

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,087
    If I am Philly, Im trying to bring in Kawaii and Lebron. I feel they would smoke GS

Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •