Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Let me start by saying I have zero knowledge about Cap flexibiliity and what any team can do. So this is just an observation about Lebron

IMO Lebron is the only superstar in today's game that can get the job done with role players and a solid side kick. I don't think joining CP3 is the best fit since they both need the ball in their hands, then you add Harden and it would be ugly. Lebron best chance to win is joining another superstar or star that doesn't demand the ball (Anthony Davis comes to mind) and would be more than grateful to receive passes from him but also a solid team with a bunch of long 3 and D guys. That's all you need with Lebron. Let's say he joins Davis (hypothetically I don't even know if that's possible) he already has the mobile big man who can defend and protect the paint, add some 3 & D long guys and you have yourself a possible championship team. It's easier said than done but as a HEAT fan I know the Big Three didn't fit that well and look what he's doing now with a really bad defensive team full of mediocre shooters.
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

LeBron The Decision Part 2

^ people said the same thing about harden/cp3 to be fair. Since both can space and play off ball it would work just fine, it's a better fit than him and wade were

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    ^ people said the same thing about harden/cp3 to be fair. Since both can space and play off ball it would work just fine, it's a better fit than him and wade were
    Oh for sure it will be a better fit just because Harden and CP3 can shoot the ball but I don't think is the best fit to Lebron. The talent will be there and they could win just because of it and solid defense. But just giving an opinon on what might be the best fit for Lebron.
    Miami HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    Let me start by saying I have zero knowledge about Cap flexibiliity and what any team can do. So this is just an observation about Lebron

IMO Lebron is the only superstar in today's game that can get the job done with role players and a solid side kick. I don't think joining CP3 is the best fit since they both need the ball in their hands, then you add Harden and it would be ugly. Lebron best chance to win is joining another superstar or star that doesn't demand the ball (Anthony Davis comes to mind) and would be more than grateful to receive passes from him but also a solid team with a bunch of long 3 and D guys. That's all you need with Lebron. Let's say he joins Davis (hypothetically I don't even know if that's possible) he already has the mobile big man who can defend and protect the paint, add some 3 & D long guys and you have yourself a possible championship team. It's easier said than done but as a HEAT fan I know the Big Three didn't fit that well and look what he's doing now with a really bad defensive team full of mediocre shooters.
    They said the same thing about Paul & Harden both being ball dominant players and it worked out great. Just because players are ball dominate doesnít mean thatís the only way they can play.

Players become ball dominating in most situations because they have to due to their roster.

Oh for sure it will be a better fit just because Harden and CP3 can shoot the ball but I don't think is the best fit to Lebron. The talent will be there and they could win just because of it and solid defense. But just giving an opinon on what might be the best fit for Lebron.
    Talent (scoring wise especially paired with Lebron)/spacing/defense. Rockets have this and it is what Lebron needs to excel for the most part. I am not sure exactly what can be kept but if like Anderson/Gordon and picks is all it took or something this is a great spot.

Yes he will likely diminish Harden a little moving him off ball and same with CP3 but when it comes to creating the best team to take down the Warriors? This is the type of team that should be put around him imo with 3 point shooting, a couple other scorers/playmakers to help with the load (even if a bit overtalented so is GS) and good defense.

Philly

LeBrons game has changed quite a bit since his Miami days. It continues to evolve. As he starts getting to the end of his career I believe he will welcome being less ball dominant to preserve his body. So at this stage in his career, playing with 2 ball dominant players might be just what he needs and wants. If he has to shoulder the load with role players and maybe 1 side kick his career will be shortened. His best chance to accomplish his goals is to adapt his game to preserve his body. HOU is a great fit for LBJ at this point in his career.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Talent (scoring wise especially paired with Lebron)/spacing/defense. Rockets have this and it is what Lebron needs to excel for the most part. I am not sure exactly what can be kept but if like Anderson/Gordon and picks is all it took or something this is a great spot.

Yes he will likely diminish Harden a little moving him off ball and same with CP3 but when it comes to creating the best team to take down the Warriors? This is the type of team that should be put around him imo with 3 point shooting, a couple other scorers/playmakers to help with the load (even if a bit overtalented so is GS) and good defense.
    I don't disagree with this. Talent alone would put them over the top and compete with the W's. But again, 3 ball dominant guys is way different than 2. Someone, two or all of them will have to sacrifice in some way. If that don't happen we'll see the "taking turns" offense that we see from the Rockets from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Philly
    Yeah as much as I like Philly, that's not what Lebron needs. Not sure pairing with a Center and a forward that can't shoot is the best fit for him. They have great shooters but Ben Simmons is the deal breaker for me.
    Miami HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    LeBrons game has changed quite a bit since his Miami days. It continues to evolve. As he starts getting to the end of his career I believe he will welcome being less ball dominant to preserve his body. So at this stage in his career, playing with 2 ball dominant players might be just what he needs and wants. If he has to shoulder the load with role players and maybe 1 side kick his career will be shortened. His best chance to accomplish his goals is to adapt his game to preserve his body. HOU is a great fit for LBJ at this point in his career.
    Agree on this part. Didn't think about Lebron changing because honesty I don't see him sacrificing that much and changing his game but it would be the smartest choice. His jumper is good enough already and his 3pt keeps improving.
    Miami HEAT

If Houston can get better, and another Super team can be build out West that would be great.

I feel in totally, 3 new Super teams (plus Houston getting better) need to be made. 2 out East and Houston and another team out West.

Believe this or not, Portland can easily be a Super Team. All it takes is for star level players to demand to be traded their, and let all teams know they will not re-sign anywhere else.

Lillard, Cj, a wing player like PG & a big man like DMC can really make some noise in the playoffs.

Houston adding another all star.

Spurs or the Lakers building a contender. 76ers making moves if possible.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

76ers: Giannis demands a trade, so he can compete for a title

Simmons
    Belinelli
    Covington
    Giannis
    Embind

Portland: They would have to pull off a trade & S&T.

Lillard
    Cj
    DeRozan
    Stretch 4
    DMC

Lakers: AD demands a trade to the Lakers, won't re-sign anywhere else. (If Lbj would go out West)

Ball
    shooter
    PG
    Lbj
    AD

Houston: I don't believe Lbj is singing here.

Cp3
    Harden
    Melo
    Tucker
    Capela

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I think what frustrates me when I look at the league as a whole is that guys basically have to form super teams now. Like I want to see golden state lose, but how satisfying will it really be when itís to another team that has like 3 hall of famers and another all star caliber guy.

I want to see good teams with 1 star and 2-3 good players compete. Not a team of 4 stars and 3 really good role players. I hate Steph because of golden states dominance. But I would thoroughly enjoy watching him if he had to carry a team. Seeing Steph try doing what Lebron is doing with a bad team would be a blast to watch. Let him be dynamic. Let him have to find ways to make teams pay when his shot isnít there. Itís boring when itís these teams full of stars where they can all sit back and let one dominate if he has t going.

And this is entirely a bashing GS post, but it applies to the whole league. I would love to see the warriors broken up, but also see stuff like Chris Paul off of Houston. It sounds like an old curmudgeon, but going back to the days where it was rare for teams to have more than 1, maybe 2 top 30 guys in the league would be fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think what frustrates me when I look at the league as a whole is that guys basically have to form super teams now. Like I want to see golden state lose, but how satisfying will it really be when itís to another team that has like 3 hall of famers and another all star caliber guy.

I want to see good teams with 1 star and 2-3 good players compete. Not a team of 4 stars and 3 really good role players. I hate Steph because of golden states dominance. But I would thoroughly enjoy watching him if he had to carry a team. Seeing Steph try doing what Lebron is doing with a bad team would be a blast to watch. Let him be dynamic. Let him have to find ways to make teams pay when his shot isnít there. Itís boring when itís these teams full of stars where they can all sit back and let one dominate if he has t going.

And this is entirely a bashing GS post, but it applies to the whole league. I would love to see the warriors broken up, but also see stuff like Chris Paul off of Houston. It sounds like an old curmudgeon, but going back to the days where it was rare for teams to have more than 1, maybe 2 top 30 guys in the league would be fun to me.
    I have always stated that the League should step in, and just start taking players and adding them to other teams. It's a business and you've been relocated. If you don't like it go overseas.

They both are 100% right. There was a lot of competition in the league this year for both teams, but because they are true greats, they got their job done.

In the West you had...

Rockets with possibly the best back court of all time.
    The Pelicans with possibly the best PF/C duo of all time.
    Timberwolves absolutely loaded with talent.
    Thunder with three likely hall of famers and 4th potential all star.
    Spurs who are always in contention for being the best team in the league.
    Blazers, who are constantly one trade away from being contenders.

That's six teams in the west that had a legitimate shot of dethroning the Warriors if things bounced their way and they took advantage. Most of these teams either didn't spend money wisely or had injuries.

In the East...

Celtics have a roster that may have more raw talent than any other in the league.
    Bucks have a candidate for MVP and a bunch of other young talents.
    76ers are absolutely loaded.
    Raptors are legitimate contenders every year.
    Wizards, Pacers, and Pistons are all one all star away from being a contender.

That's 11 teams other than two top dogs who have a legitiimate shot this year had things gone right. Compeition was so extreme the Cavs went to 7 games twice, and the Warriors were down against the Rockets.

If two superstar PGs aren't missing from those game 7s we could easily be discussing a Rockets vs Celtics. Don't be mad at Jordan for winning so much, be mad at the Magic's front office for lowballing Shaq and breaking up a team that was 1-1 in playoff series against the Jordan led Bulls. You could even be mad at the league for changing the 3pt line that helped benefit the Bulls so much. But you just can't be mad at Jordan or Pippen, that's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    76ers: Giannis demands a trade, so he can compete for a title

Simmons
    Belinelli
    Covington
    Giannis
    Embind

Portland: They would have to pull off a trade & S&T.

Lillard
    Cj
    DeRozan
    Stretch 4
    DMC

Lakers: AD demands a trade to the Lakers, won't re-sign anywhere else. (If Lbj would go out West)

Ball
    shooter
    PG
    Lbj
    AD

Houston: I don't believe Lbj is singing here.

Cp3
    Harden
    Melo
    Tucker
    Capela
    lolololol wut?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast