Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Did I say that? No, I said that Jerry West got the Finals MVP while on the losing team. You cannot say the precedent means it will not happen because it has happened. I said nothing about Curry or Lebron.
    Lol really? Not done? Are you familiar with a shift in precedent? Look up civil rights, it wasn't long before West won that Finals MVP.

The precedent is VERY clear that the winning team has the Finals MVP. The fact that 1% of the time the opposite was true a half century ago does not help your case.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lol really? Not done? Are you familiar with a shift in precedent? Look up civil rights, it wasn't long before West won that Finals MVP.

The precedent is VERY clear that the winning team has the Finals MVP. The fact that 1% of the time the opposite was true a half century ago does not help your case.
    This is the exact same thing as saying Simmons isn't a rookie or Gobert didn't play enough games. You are factually wrong. You don't get to disqualify the players from the losing team, because it's not in the guidelines.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 06-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDudley View Post
    Not a dupe.

A lot of people can think for themselves and not fall for the BS.

There's way more people like me, but they're all silenced because of the ongoing scam.
    You sound like a crazed conspirator
    Last edited by Rush; 06-05-2018 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Edited out insult in quoted post.

This is the exact same thing as saying Simmons isn't a rookie or Gobert didn't play enough games. You are factually wrong. You don't get to disqualify the players from the losing team, because it's not in the guidelines.
    It would def be unexpected. Just like if a regular season mvp came from a non playoff team, it would be pretty left field ish to me,although technically not in the guideline.

I do find it weird that recently this became such a big deal, I don't remember this ever being an issue before, and every year a player from the winning team won it (other than the first year in the 60's or whenever it was)
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No, it's not. Blake Griffin had the exact same scenario as ROY in the 2000's. Games played is a sliding scale. Winning a finals MVP as a loser is a thing the voters decided after year 1 will never be the case again. Arguing for it in what will be a 4 or 5 game series when an All time great on the other end is crushing it is Bron worship to the next level. Truly pathetic.

No, it's not. Blake Griffin had the exact same scenario as ROY in the 2000's. Games played is a sliding scale. Winning a finals MVP as a loser is a thing the voters decided after year 1 will never be the case again. Arguing for it in what will be a 4 or 5 game series when an All time great on the other end is crushing it is Bron worship to the next level. Truly pathetic.
    You're high if you think I'm arguing for Bron. All I have said is that is HAS happened and it CAN happen again. Any suggestion otherwise is deliberately choosing to be wrong.

Jerry West 1969.
    Series went 7 games and it was a 2 point game. Like in 2016 I think Lebron would have gotten it had the Warriors won it and game was tight.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

He broke the record where he made the most valuable shot in basketball the most times on the biggest stage; A huge reason why they are up 2-0 in the NBA Finals. Might be time to look within if this is not something worthy of admiration from you.

impressive, sure. but still arbitrary, like a triple double. we heard the same fawning all year last year when Westbrook was getting them.

you make it sound like he is doing something so special that you can't possibly give it to James. he hit the most jump shots over 23 feet in finals history for a single game. I used to do these things routinely in NBA live when I played with my stacked roster. it's a footnote frankly, and it's not as impressive as what James is doing and that's the bottom line.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-04-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32380237
    impressive, sure. but still arbitrary, like a triple double. we heard the same fawning all year last year when Westbrook was getting them.

you make it sound like he is doing something so special that you can't possibly give it to James. he hit the most jump shots over 23 feet in finals history for a single game. I used to do these things routinely in NBA live when I played with my stacked roster. it's a footnote frankly, and it's not as impressive as what James is doing and that's the bottom line.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    The 3 pointers are not arbitrary. A big part of today's game is to out shoot the other team from behind the arc. The Cavs themselves are a 3 or bust team and Curry single handily out shot them in game 2. He also added 8 assists and 7 rebounds to his great shooting night.

Curry has been the Warriors' best player and is the reason they are up 2-0. He's the MVP imo. At least so far.
    Last edited by aman_13; 06-05-2018 at 12:19 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDudley View Post
    Not a dupe.

A lot of people can think for themselves and not fall for the BS.

There's way more people like me, but they're all silenced because of the ongoing scam.
    How’d he scam up 50 points on 60% fg

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Here is Kobe getting swept by the 2011 Mavs

https://www.basketball-reference.com...vs-lakers.html
    You probably shouldn't bring that year up considering LeBron and his 2 prime all stars and future hall of famers Wade and Bosh lost to the Lone All star Dirk and a bunch of old guys. Kidd, Marion, Peja were all pretty old and a shell of themselves, Terry was a Good six man.

Kobe and the Lakers were coming off of 3 straight trips to the finals and 2 straight championships, the west was brutal. The run was over.

But 3 hall of famers/ current all stars lose to Dirk. Seems like LeBron should able to do that to GSW considering he is the greatest player of all time by so many on here and he as the greatest player of all time lost to 1 all star in Dirk. Funny how that works
    Last edited by L8kers4life; 06-05-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, sure he does. I've already seen his face then, I've also seen him talk about it. Trust me, the man wants rings, everything else is secondary
    The man signed the Super Max. Don’t tell us everything outside of Rings is secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    The man signed the Super Max. Don’t tell us everything outside of Rings is secondary.
    Ok

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Thanks.
    Most welcome

(this should serve as a lesson to the rest of the site how to address one another with proper manners. Kudos to you saddle, and kudos to myself too)

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast