Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    People are not talking about this, but I can see KD not re0signing with GS even if he wins a title this season. And I would actually like it if KD & Lbj did join the same team, but not in the West. Out East.

Any team will make the room for them, so thats not a problem. Fire sale 90 present of their team in a hurt beat.
    How come in the East? They would destroy the East more than LeBron has by himself the last 8 seasons.
    "Train hard, play (matches) harder"

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, sure he does. I've already seen his face then, I've also seen him talk about it. Trust me, the man wants rings, everything else is secondary
    Secondary means he cares
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 06-03-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I will point out that we're now in the NBA Finals and he is still not playing any measurable level of defense and is still being hid on that end. It makes O much easier when this is the case.

It's too early to say, lets see where we are at after Game 3. If Lebron plays like he did in Game 1 for the entire series, he should win Finals MVP no matter what the outcome is. Especially considering how much he outperformed everyone else. He was the only player who played the entire game, scored 51 points on 59% shooting (19/32), while also going 10/11 from the line. He played above and beyond the highest expectations.

While not on par with Lebron, Steph and Klay both played very well for the Warriors. Curry had 29/6/9 while shooting 11-23 from the floor (and 5-11 from 3), and Klay 24 points on 8-16 shooting, 5-10 from 3. While Durant scored 26 points in Game 1, he did shooting 36% from the floor (8-22), and 1-7 from 3 point range. If the Warriors do in fact win the series, any of those three could win the MVP award. That said, I think they would have to close the gap that was apparent in Game 1. Lebron was just so much better than every other player on the floor it was ridiculous. Still, it's too early to definitively say who should be Finals MVP, the next 2 or 3 games will play a huge role in determining that.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-03-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I will point out that we're now in the NBA Finals and he is still not playing any measurable level of defense and is still being hid on that end. It makes O much easier when this is the case.
    Bs

He guarded KD a lot. KD missed a lot. His man wasnít draining buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    They can win a title with worse odds than the Rockets had this year by hoping the dubs suffer an injury and/or choke. Snooze

Healthy rockets team is getting worse next year so that's not promising. Bore.

What star(s) gives them the best chance at matching gs? Lol

There can be no cowardice with the precedent kd set. The only way to match their talent is to have a contender like Houston was this year, and THEN add the star.
    I like what Philly looks like with Bron moving forward over Houston with Bron...especially since HOU probably has to give up Capela to sign Bron

You mean part 3?

I am reporting this thread. It is incorrect and misleading. SMFH

losing players don't get the award. just cause they screwed up once forever ago and gave it to Jerry West doesn't mean they should do it again. John Havlicek should have won it that year for sure

what's valuable about losing the series? 3 wins, or 2 wins doesn't get you the championship. you want the finals mvp, get 4 wins. that's value

How is Philadelphia not the clear answer here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    How is Philadelphia not the clear answer here?
    cuz philly is a boring city compared to l.a. and houston
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    Not sure why you posted all this, I wasnt trying to say Jordan and Kobe were better or anything I was simply posting there conference finals and overall finals record in response to a previous poster that referenced conference finals record.

All your references are great, but if you were old enough to watch those Lakers than all your dumb stats donít mean anything. 1st title after getting badly hurt, Kobe leads lakers to the win while Shaq fouled out. Also everyone knows the West was tougher than, Kobe owned, San Antonio, Sacramento and Portland and was often considered the MVP of the conference finals, the East has really no centers at the time, So Shaq dominating the finals was expected. First year no center for Indiana rick Smitts,lol, second year, old *** Dikembe, 3rd year NJ had no center.

Just because there is a blemish on James resume, why do you feel you have to critique Jordan or Kobe, it makes you sound petty.

As if LeBron didnít create his Superteam in Miami or come back to play with Kyrie to win Rings, he would have 0 championships. If he never left Cleveland, the Cave do not get Kyrie and he never plays with Wade or Bosh and gets bailed out by Allen or Kyrie. Please, this argument goes both ways. Kobe and Jordan faced much stiffer competition leading up to the finals, but did not have as tough opponents as LeBron. Iím not biased, my rankings go

Jordan
    LeBron

And I have Kobe in the 7-11 range, but Kobe gets disrespected by every LeBron fan, itís hilarious. Anyway no worries, LBJ will being ring chasing in Houston next year.
    If you put Lebron on the Lakers from Kobe's rookie season (96-97) through his last championship season (09-10), the Lakers would have not only won more championships in those 14 years, they would have appeared in more Finals as well. I can't even fathom how many championships he would have won with prime Shaq and prime Gasol, probably at least seven.

In 2007, Lebron carried an awful Cavaliers team to the NBA Finals in his fourth season at age 22. Lebron has gone to the Finals every year since 2011 and has been the unequivocal best player in the world for a decade. Lebron has had good teams in the Finals, but more often then not they are not the favorites. This is Lebron's 9th NBA Finals appearance, and this is the 7th time he has been the underdog. It is not Lebron's fault that the Cavs continuously make clumsy management decisions that forces him to carry them to the Finals.

The Cavs were not good immediately after drafting Lebron James. In 2004 they drafted Luke Jackson #10 overall, passing on Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, and Tony Allen who were all drafted after. Also in 2004, the Cavs elected NOT to match Utah's offer on Carlos Boozer, letting their second best player walk out the door for nothing. Once Lebron got a few years under his belt, he was able to carry them deep into the postseason, despite not having premier talent around him. In 2010, the Cavs could have acquired Amare Stoudemire, but opted instead for Antawn Jameson because Gilbert wanted to keep JJ Hickson.

Even after Lebron left Cleveland, the Cavs made really bad decisions. From 2011-2014, the Cavs had the #1 pick three times. In 2011, they had the #1 and the #4 pick. They got Kyrie with #1 pick, but grabbed Tristan Thompson with #4 pick, ahead of Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Kenneth Faried, and Jonas Valancuinis who were all drafted after. In 2012 the Cavs had the #4 pick and took Dion Waiters, ahead of Damien Lillard, Andre Drummond, and Harrison Barnes. They also had both the #17 and #24 picks and passed on Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Will Barton, and Jae Crowder. In 2013, Cleveland drafted the worst #1 pick of all time in Anthony Bennett. The Greek Freak, Oladipo, Gobert, McCollum, Otto Porter Jr, KCP, Stephen Adams, Andre Roberson, and MCW were all drafted later. I won't hate on them for turning the presumed #1 pick in 2014 (Wiggins) into Kevin Love because the Cavs actually won the trade, but Cleveland could have been so much better positioned for Lebron's return in 2014 had they drafted better with all those good picks.

Even this year they make bone headed decisions. Gilbert fired the GM Lebron liked because he didn't want to pay him anything, and they never should have trade Kyrie. They did not have to trade Kyrie Irving, he still had two years left on his contract. After trading him however, I won't fault what they got for him. A healthy IT and the Brooklyn pick would have been a good haul. I fault them for never giving IT a chance. The Cavs with Isaiah Thomas yield a higher ceiling than these Cavs playing in the Finals. All Cleveland did by trading IT away was slightly raise their floor.

They also gave away Dwyane Wade, who was their third best player this year, for free. They were willing to bench Wade, who was averaging 11/4/4 in 23 mpg, for Cedi Osman but they play JR Smith, who is averaging 8.6 points on 8.2 shots and shooting 35% from the floor in the playoffs, 32.5 mpg. This is the kind of organization Lebron James plays for, and it's why they lose. The Cavs are one of the worst organizations in the NBA, on the level of the New York teams. Lebron James is to blame for his historic and epic collapse in the 2011 Finals, but he has routinely taken teams to the Finals Kobe never would have been able to. You are faulting him for being better.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-03-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Only if it goes 7
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    If you put Lebron on the Lakers from Kobe's rookie season (96-97) through his last championship season (09-10), the Lakers would have not only won more championships in those 14 years, they would have appeared in more Finals as well. I can't even fathom how many championships he would have won with prime Shaq and prime Gasol, probably at least seven.

In 2007, Lebron carried an awful Cavaliers team to the NBA Finals in his fourth season at age 22. Lebron has gone to the Finals every year since 2011 and has been the unequivocal best player in the world for a decade. Lebron has had good teams in the Finals, but more often then not they are not the favorites. This is Lebron's 9th NBA Finals appearance, and this is the 7th time he has been the underdog. It is not Lebron's fault that the Cavs continuously make clumsy management decisions that forces him to carry them to the Finals.

The Cavs were not good immediately after drafting Lebron James. In 2004 they drafted Luke Jackson #10 overall, passing on Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, and Tony Allen who were all drafted after. Also in 2004, the Cavs elected NOT to match Utah's offer on Carlos Boozer, letting their second best player walk out the door for nothing. Once Lebron got a few years under his belt, he was able to carry them deep into the postseason, despite not having premier talent around him. In 2010, the Cavs could have acquired Amare Stoudemire, but opted instead for Antawn Jameson because Gilbert wanted to keep JJ Hickson.

Even after Lebron left Cleveland, the Cavs made really bad decisions. From 2011-2014, the Cavs had the #1 pick three times. In 2011, they had the #1 and the #4 pick. They got Kyrie with #1 pick, but grabbed Tristan Thompson with #4 pick, ahead of Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Kenneth Faried, and Jonas Valancuinis who were all drafted after. In 2012 the Cavs had the #4 pick and took Dion Waiters, ahead of Damien Lillard, Andre Drummond, and Harrison Barnes. They also had both the #17 and #24 picks and passed on Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Will Barton, and Jae Crowder. In 2013, Cleveland drafted the worst #1 pick of all time in Anthony Bennett. The Greek Freak, Oladipo, Gobert, McCollum, Otto Porter Jr, KCP, Stephen Adams, Andre Roberson, and MCW were all drafted later. I won't hate on them for turning the presumed #1 pick in 2014 (Wiggins) into Kevin Love because the Cavs actually won the trade, but Cleveland could have been so much better positioned for Lebron's return in 2014 had they drafted better with all those good picks.

Even this year they make bone headed decisions. Gilbert fired the GM Lebron liked because he didn't want to pay him anything, and they never should have trade Kyrie. They did not have to trade Kyrie Irving, he still had two years left on his contract. After trading him however, I won't fault what they got for him. A healthy IT and the Brooklyn pick would have been a good haul. I fault them for never giving IT a chance. The Cavs with Isaiah Thomas yield a higher ceiling than these Cavs playing in the Finals. All Cleveland did by trading IT away was slightly raise their floor.

They also gave away Dwyane Wade, who was their third best player this year, for free. They were willing to bench Wade, who was averaging 11/4/4 in 23 mpg, for Cedi Osman but they play JR Smith, who is averaging 8.6 points on 8.2 shots and shooting 35% from the floor in the playoffs, 32.5 mpg. This is the kind of organization Lebron James plays for, and it's why they lose. The Cavs are one of the worst organizations in the NBA, on the level of the New York teams. Lebron James is to blame for his historic and epic collapse in the 2011 Finals, but he has routinely taken teams to the Finals Kobe never would have been able to. You are faulting him for being better.
    So an in his prime Wade, Chris Bosh, Lebron that went 2-2 in the finals against the Mavs, OKC, and Spurs twice is somehow significantly worse than what Kobe had to play with? lol. Lebron has only been able to take his teams to the finals for so long because the Eastern Conference is significantly worse than the Western Conference where Kobe played his entire career. If you can't acknowledge that Lebron has that advantage over Kobe, idk what else to tell you. The Eastern Conference has been mediocre for years. There have been no more than 4 teams that won 50+ games each year in the past decade and even fewer title contenders every year in the Eastern Conference. Here is a reference for you.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...2008&lg_id=NBA

The competition Kobe played against relative to what Lebron played against is not even close. Kobe played in significantly tougher competition every year. I will say I think Lebron is the better player, don't get me wrong. He is a better finisher around the hoop because of his size and ability to slash, a better passer, and re-bounder as well. Kobe was a better defender and jump shooter that even the best defenders couldn't defend against. it just drives me crazy though when I hear/read about this narrative that Lebron is so significantly better than Kobe because he has taken his teams to 8 straight finals with his own super teams (with the exception of this year). Just please look at the competition each player has played against the past decade. Thank you.
    Last edited by D Blue987; 06-03-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    Dont ever tell me what to do sir, telling me to never compare Kobe to true greats, who TF are you, you should step back and read some of the crap you write, like your opinion matters because you speak in a online sports forum. Are you a writer, where are your credentials? You know mine

Oh yeah
    KOBE all defensive selections 12 1st team 9
    LeBron all defensive selections 6 1st team 5

And I guess your new stance is these selections matter, since now Dikembe Mutombo DPOY means he should have given Shaq the business. And these awards now matter, doesnt look so good, I guess Kobe really is the better 2way player.

Ok, now all LeBron fans will come in and say, "LeBron can guard all 5 positions and all defensive teams are popularity contests" except LeBron is the most popular player in the game and he only made 5?
    Lmao.. Defensive selections from Kobe were unwarranted because he was known as a lock-down defender when they needed him to be but his defense overall was poor. Even at his prime, he was never a great help defender. His competitiveness and mentality to lock someone down was what inspired his lock-down defense. But he definitely did not deserve 12 NBA defensive teams. And are you comparing DPOY to Defensive selections? That's not a popularity contest. Most often, those who deserve DPOY are DPOY. Quit minimizing Kobe? You're the one overrating him. Your Lakers tried to trade Kobe for LeBron and Cleveland was having none of that. Lakers lost faith in Kobe at one point. Kobe should be lucky they stuck with him and got him the players (odom, gasol, Artest) to compete.

Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast