Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

All things LeBron 2018 Free Agency

I apologize if this as been asked before but do you believe the 76ers are looking
    to become the next GS Warriors of the East? There's been rumors that LBJ might sign
    and now Paul George is thinking of signing with them next season and lets not forget
    Kawhi Lenoard so if they get one or all three of these guys rather its via a trade or free agency
    will they become a Super team? Or is this just a pipe dream for Philly Fans.

Nah, I don't think Lebron will go there.

They should build with what they have. Embiid/Simmons is a hell of a duo. Fultz might still be a good player. Have some solid guys to fill roles like Covington and Saric. They have a draft pick in the lottery this year I believe in what is looking like a deep draft.

Leonard is the only one id bring in if it didnít cost me Simmons or Embiid. That would make them extremely hard to beat in the playoffs regardless of opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Leonard is the only one id bring in if it didnít cost me Simmons or Embiid. That would make them extremely hard to beat in the playoffs regardless of opponent.
    If we sign PG13 id offer up a package around saric or fultz for KL

saric/Lakers top 10 pick/Our first round pick and one of our euro guys should be enough to get it done. I am not a fan of giving up fultz or saric but for a KL why not ya know. PG13 is the best current fit over lebron though.

I think that George would be a perfect fit for that team over Lebron. George can play just fine without the ball in his hands all the time.

They get George, it's basically between them and Boston for the top of the east over the next few years (and possibly championship).

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If we sign PG13 id offer up a package around saric or fultz for KL

saric/Lakers top 10 pick/Our first round pick and one of our euro guys should be enough to get it done. I am not a fan of giving up fultz or saric but for a KL why not ya know. PG13 is the best current fit over lebron though.
    That's not enough to get it done IMO. Spurs probably would ride it out.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Regardless as to who they bring in, this team ha enough young talent to content for years. A couple of differences between them and GSW are important to consider.

GSW built their roster predominantly through the draft with smart scouting. They never had a top-five pick, and never 'bottomed' out. I feel like this gets lost. People see how OKC drafted 3 MVP and a couple of solid role players in the draft, and then see GSW build a contend in the draft, and they think, "Hinkie's process": let's lose for five year and contend with the resulting draft picks.

That's not what happened with GSW. It was smart scouting, good drafting. Not bottoming out to get top five picsk every year. We've seen enough teams who lose repeatedly and have nothing to show for it even after decades.

The other thing is that there is an injury bug in Philly. Embid. Noel. Simmons. Fultz. Nobody's fault. However, this team has to stay healthy to contend, and that is a huge question mark. It's clear that they have the potential to contend but they need to stay healthy to do that.

Let's hope they stay healthy. I want to see what this team can do.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

They need way more shooting to become like the Warriors. I think they'll go after an elite three-and-D wing like Kawhi, George or maybe Thompson next summer. Bradley would be a great fit too as someone a bit cheaper.

FAs will be looking to go there now. Thatís a great basketball town and from all accounts not a bad place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Nah, I don't think Lebron will go there.

They should build with what they have. Embiid/Simmons is a hell of a duo. Fultz might still be a good player. Have some solid guys to fill roles like Covington and Saric. They have a draft pick in the lottery this year I believe in what is looking like a deep draft.
    LBJ should consider signing here. He went to Miami to win, he went back to Cle to win at home. If he goes to the West, he'll be much closer to a JAG than in the East. He might go to the Finals twice in five years from the West, but he could go four out of five if he was on the the 76'ers.

He wants those rings to cement his place.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Philly has the Lakers pick, Fultz basically didn't play and on top of everything they have cap space.

So why trade young talent when you can sign PG13 in FA?

I actually don't think Lebron fits with Simmons, and with the combination of Covington and PG13 they can both play the wing, that would be a real tall order for teams to handle/

Simmons at 6'10 PG
    Covington, PG13, Saric and Embiid, ouch!!

question is where Reddick fits if anywhere and for how much.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Philly has the Lakers pick, Fultz basically didn't play and on top of everything they have cap space.

So why trade young talent when you can sign PG13 in FA?

I actually don't think Lebron fits with Simmons, and with the combination of Covington and PG13 they can both play the wing, that would be a real tall order for teams to handle/

Simmons at 6'10 PG
    Covington, PG13, Saric and Embiid, ouch!!

question is where Reddick fits if anywhere and for how much.
    I think JJ is still your best look at the two, you lose some length and D but he is just so heady without the ball and a different breed of shooter then Cov IMO. He could be a causality though and the length and skill of the unit you just put out there is scary as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Doesn't every team want to be a top winner/multi-time champion?

Sixers are doing it very differently than the Warriors.

The problem with PG is so obvious. Can you rely on him to show up for every game? Because LeBron can do that. In the NBA Finals, one bad game is enough to lose the entire series. Is PG ready to take on Durant? No. Sorry, and he will never be. LeBron can do that. So yes, PG is a better fit because you can turn him into an elite 3 and D defender but what else can he do on an elite level? He doesn't rebound the way Bron can, doesn't playmake the way LeBron can (and yes, two elite playmakers on a team is something no team wants to play against), and he can't score the way LeBron can consistently and efficiently. You guys talk about defense but who's willing to bet here that PG plays better defense than Bron if you give them the same responsibilities? I don't. I was very wrong about PG's defense to the point where I said Roberson being absent wouldn't hurt us as much as people think. I couldn't have been more wrong. PG is an elite defender but when asked to carry the offense in a way that LeBron has to, he'll never generate elite defense. I saw Donovan get past PG like a freaking turnstile. Should you want PG as a Sixers fan? Heck yeah. But you should want LeBron first.

The Sixers have something good going now with Simmons and Embiid. I don't think they need to sign a big time free agent to come in and ruin that chemistry, especially some ball dominant player like Lebron. They have a ton of money they can use to build some depth on that roster. They really don't have a consistent player off the bench and possibly a shooting guard. Redick has played well, but his defense leaves something to be desired and I wouldn't bring him back at $23M a year.

Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast