Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will LBJ win finals MVP but lose the series?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 30.00%
  • No

14 70.00%
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    However, one case I'll make for Lebron going to Boston is this:

Probably around 4-5 months ago, I posed the idea of Lebron to Boston next season to a friend/coworker/NBA fanatic. We started really talking about it as a narrative. And if you think about it, there are really very few places where Lebron could go that don't look poorly on his brand and legacy. He's leaving Cleveland again in shambles to go for greener pastures. But if he could go somewhere where the narrative was different and he could control it to soften that blow, he would absolutely do it. Lebron cares about his legacy and his public image, and he does NOT want a repeat of those first years in Miami where he was the villain. Going to Boston and reuniting with Kyrie would be a best case scenario. Batman making up with Robin and teaming up again to take down the Warriors one more time would be a hell of a storyline.

But think about this.... What if Lebron and Kyrie ultimately decided last offseason "We can't beat Golden State with this Cleveland team. Where could we go that would feasibly be better and would feasibly have the assets to get us both?" Answer: Boston. So they play up this ridiculous drama in the media that Kryie wants out and wants to do his own thing, knowing that Ainge is the only ticket in town who has the resources to get him in a trade. (Hell, could they have even called Ainge secretly and plotted this out? Why the hell not?)

Knowing that the drama would be a huge storyline all season long, Lebron could then join a year later on a much better roster with a far better supporting cast and front office, and the media would care so much about them reuniting and getting over their feud that nobody would notice that they both bailed on an inferior team to ultimately just play together somewhere else.

I'm not "conspiracy theory" guy, but this one is too much fun to not think about. And if it actually happens, I think I'll probably believe this was ultimately the case all along. How could you not?
    Ive had that theory for a while that it was a work by both of them. Ive always though Boston was an option. Not a favorite to land him, but they should certainly be in the running. Hell even if they don't do a sign and trade with CLE, they could trade 1 of their 3 big big salaries and one of brown/tatum for draft picks and be set again in 3/4 years when Lebron starts to slow down.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

the lakers have bron locked up. dunno why its so hard for you haters to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-odd...150951459.html

here are the NBA Champion 2019 odds
    Yeah, I was looking at those this morning. Those are really, really interesting, especially because they kind of disagree with the odds I just posted. The odds I posted give the Cavs a pretty decent shot to keep Lebron, or at least as good of a shot as Philly and LA. Yet Vegas sees Philly as 10 times more likely as Cleveland to win the title and the Lakers (who were not a good team this season) as more than twice as likely.

Although I also wonder if maybe Vegas sees this current Cleveland team as a guaranteed finals loss as currently constructed? Like, even if Lebron does end up staying, their odds are so low of beating a Golden State or a Houston in the Finals, that it doesn't matter whether or stays or not?

The other interesting thing to note here is that Vegas sees Philly as twice as likely to win the Finals next season over Boston, who just beat them in the playoffs despite missing arguably its two best players. Clearly Vegas is considering the possibility of Lebron becoming a Sixer into that equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Weíll save room for you over here in the Lakers forum
    If Lebron does end up becoming a Laker, I have no clue how that's going to play out in terms of my fandom. I have loathed the Lakers since I was a kid, but I've loved Lebron his entire career. Would I suddenly become a closet Lakers fan? Or would seeing him in a Lakers jersey trigger that Lakers hatred that's been dormant since Kobe fell off the map, resulting in me suddenly despising Lebron for the first time?

Sorry dude, but I really, really, really hope that doesn't happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-odd...150951459.html

here are the NBA Champion 2019 odds
    I've been putting money down on gs at start of both years since kd but that might have to stop now until we see fa. I am not as sold on other places but I think rockets could take down gs

Although I also wonder if maybe Vegas sees this current Cleveland team as a guaranteed finals loss as currently constructed? Like, even if Lebron does end up staying, their odds are so low of beating a Golden State or a Houston in the Finals, that it doesn't matter whether or stays or not?
    The way I see it: if LeBron stays, it'll be because of a trade/move Cleveland makes to get more talent.

The only silver lining in everything is that Cleveland still has the pieces (Nets pick, Love, Hood, Osman, Zizic) to pull a trade to improve their roster. Guys like DMC, Paul George, McCollum, Kemba, etc... could be available and acquired, depending on the circumstances.
    The Baker is coming.

Weíll save room for you over here in the Lakers forum
    Keep it warm

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Canít wait for Bron to lead your team to a title and turn you into his biggest fan.
    this isnt shutting up
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Bosh says he thinks LeBron is going to Houston.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Mmmm..... That depends on how all this plays out. If they have to deal Tatum and Brown to get Lebron to get a core of Lebron, Kyrie and Hayward, then that timeframe for them to win titles is going to be pretty short and the age of their average star players with have significantly increased.

Again, though, I'm not sure I see Boston as the favorite at this point or even one of the top 2-3 favorites. I still think LA, Philly and Houston are more likely.
    I think it would be insane to think theyíd trade Tatum and Brown in a sign and trade... even for Lebron.... Iíll preface this with saying I donít think itíll happen, and that I donít necessarily even want it to happen... but... for ***** and giggles...

Lebron signs with Cleveland... Cleveland trades Lebron to Boston for Horford, Morris, and Mavs pick in 2019

Boston then trades Kyrie to ATL for #3 overall and drafts Mo Bamba.

Rozier/Smart
    Hayward/Brown
    Tatum/Brown(3 man rotation at the 2 and 3)
    Lebron/Theis
    Bamba/Baynes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Bosh says he thinks LeBron is going to Houston.
    Yep, here's the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kc9N5RP3V8

Holy **** is skip a moron?
    "Rockets would have to let go of Capela to get Lebron."

Um no skip. Rockets wouldn't have to get rid of Capela to get Lebron. SMH. THESE PPL ARE NATIONAL MEDIA

These are not fouls apparently

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think it would be insane to think theyíd trade Tatum and Brown in a sign and trade... even for Lebron.... Iíll preface this with saying I donít think itíll happen, and that I donít necessarily even want it to happen... but... for ***** and giggles...

Lebron signs with Cleveland... Cleveland trades Lebron to Boston for Horford, Morris, and Mavs pick in 2019

Boston then trades Kyrie to ATL for #3 overall and drafts Mo Bamba.

Rozier/Smart
    Hayward/Brown
    Tatum/Brown(3 man rotation at the 2 and 3)
    Lebron/Theis
    Bamba/Baynes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...not gonna happen lol. And it would likely be Hayward being traded. They would legit have too many wings to play.

Cs aren't getting LeBron. They are probably the best team in the East if healthy. They just need to focus on re-signing Smart and Baynes.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Lakers and Knicks make sense
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

If Houston not first on his list then Bron doesnít really want that Championship! The Rockets took the Warriors to a game 7 and was up 3-2.

I know itís a lot Harden haters, DíAntoni haters, and just flat out Rockets haters as a whole but yíall gotta give credit when credit is do! The Houston Rockets was right there but CP3 got hurt. We needed another player to get us over that hump.

Harden played great the first half of game 7, no one was there to give him the heimlich when he started to choke in the second half!

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The point came from the fact that every high usage player that joined LeBron underperformed their history with him. LeBron plays LeBron ball, which is CLEARLY successful ... but at this point how many times have we heard his teammates talk about it being "tough" to play with him? His recruiting task may be his next great achievement.
    I mean I also responded to you and covered this already but it is what happens on super teams. Look at Klay when Curry went down and they didn't have KD in the playoffs. You guys were winning off him as the main option and his numbers seem to be hurt in comparison now. This is on what is widely considered the best fitting super team etc. we have seen in todays modern NBA and despite that PERFECT fit even his numbers are reduced down (worst PER, WS/48, BPM since like 2015 this season).

Should Curry/KD take steps back to boost his numbers or when you have a lot of talent is it just likely that the lesser one's may have to change their role/adjust to not being the focal point?

Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast