Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How does this Warriors dynasty compare to the Lakers dynasty of the early 2000's?

First off I'm a Celtics and Spurs fan so I wasn't rooting for anyone in this series, but
    how different or how similar are they to the early 2000's Lakers teams? Or would you put them
    where the 90's Bulls where?

Kobe/Shaq never let one player force them to go beg for another top 2 player in the sport during their dynasty. That is a big deal.... The warriors are the better team but the lakers dynasty is more impactful with not blowing a 3-1 lead with 2 games at home.

Kobe and Shaq were the best played but golden state has more stars. No ones stoping Shaw but at the same time the lakers might struggle with the warriors range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eg714 View Post
    Kobe and Shaq were the best played but golden state has more stars. No ones stoping Shaw but at the same time the lakers might struggle with the warriors range.
    Hell yeah!! B Shaw was the man!!

Ya Warriors have much more overall talent but nothing near peak Shaq level. That Lakers team was built on one of the best peak players ever and an up and coming top 10 player surrounded by role players. This Warriors team just overwhelms you with talent everywhere leaving Iggy wide open often as that 5th man as probably best option. Individually it is much harder to stop Shaq but with the way they can space etc. the Warriors become that good as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Kobe/Shaq never let one player force them to go beg for another top 2 player in the sport during their dynasty. That is a big deal.... The warriors are the better team but the lakers dynasty is more impactful with not blowing a 3-1 lead with 2 games at home.
    This. I don't even consider this team a dynasty yet. The only reason they're at three championships right now is because they lost, which enabled them to get KD. I view the pre-KD Warriors and post-KD Warriors as different teams in that way. The dynasty clock reset when he went there. LeBron beat them, so they had to fundamentally alter the alchemy of their team. That never happened to Kobe and Shaq. They won three straight with the same crap on their roster.
    POOP

Lakers didn't benefit from some other teams star player getting hurt (Kyrie 15, Kawhi 17, Paul 18). Their titles also weren't manufactured and bought.

Well first off

1st championship both Lakers/Warriors win in 6 games
    2nd championship both teams win in 5
    3rd championship both teams win in 4

Lakers won game 6&7 in the WCF when going for their third championship-same as the Warriors

Both teams took a pretty eerie similar path to win their championships but the one deciding factor is this..Lakers won 3 in 3 years, Warriors won 3 in 4 years, so Lakers are the better team and no team will EVER 3peat again

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Well first off

1st championship both Lakers/Warriors win in 6 games
    2nd championship both teams win in 5
    3rd championship both teams win in 4

Lakers won game 6&7 in the WCF when going for their third championship-same as the Warriors

Both teams took a pretty eerie similar path to win their championships but the one deciding factor is this..Lakers won 3 in 3 years, Warriors won 3 in 4 years, so Lakers are the better team and no team will EVER 3peat again
    its weird how everyone forgets that Lakers sac series that the refs gifted.

Warriors are right on their heels. Lakers pulled off a 3peat, so the Dubs need to do that in order to be in that convo.

The black mark on the Lakers is the pistons series, they didn't just lose they got flat out embarrassed. Gotta give the Dubs more than 2 years to compare to an all time great dynasty like those Lakers tho
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Warriors are right on their heels. Lakers pulled off a 3peat, so the Dubs need to do that in order to be in that convo.

The black mark on the Lakers is the pistons series, they didn't just lose they got flat out embarrassed. Gotta give the Dubs more than 2 years to compare to an all time great dynasty like those Lakers tho
    That's 2 years after they 3 peated, they got swept by San Antonio the year after the 3peat, same year Chick Hearn died, than the year after Kobe was battling the rape case and they got killed by the pistons. No black mark, we all knew the curse of Karl Malone was legit. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    That's 2 years after they 3 peated, they got swept by San Antonio the year after the 3peat, same year Chick Hearn died, than the year after Kobe was battling the rape case and they got killed by the pistons. No black mark, we all knew the curse of Karl Malone was legit. Lol
    Yea I know they lost the year before, didn't realize they were swept tho. But cmon, 04 they were supposed to smack Detroit, I remember Detroit and indy were both good but no one thought compare to Lakers or spurs. That's was def some left field ****

Wasn't the rape case post post-shaq?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea I know they lost the year before, didn't realize they were swept tho. But cmon, 04 they were supposed to smack Detroit, I remember Detroit and indy were both good but no one thought compare to Lakers or spurs. That's was def some left field ****

Wasn't the rape case post post-shaq?
    The Pistons turned out to be much better than anyone thought though. They took the Spurs to 7 the following year and were a Robbert Horry buzzer beater away from B2B titles.

Warriors are more stacked with talent, Lakers were more dominant.

The Warriors are better then the Lakers were but I'm not sure they would beat them. Shaq was just dominant and Kobe was in his prime. Plus, I'm more impressed with the teams the Lakers went through; Sacramento and Portland we're both legit title contenders. Not to mention, the first round was best of 5 which lead to more upsets and the Lakers were able to survive that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast