Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Irving be Traded by Next Year’s NBA Trade Deadline?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • He Will Re-sign With Boston

6 42.86%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Doesn't sound like a substantial report.

However, this is why some of us said that you gotta wait until you can properly evaluate the CLE/BOS trade. Kyrie would've missed the playoffs even if he was still with Cleveland, and if LeBron is gone our chances at being a contender would leave with him.
    I guess it'll depend what Cleveland gets with the 8th pick, because that's ultimately the only value they got out of the trade.

if the Celtics have a chance to nab LeBron obviously they will gladly move Kyrie. I don't see any way he gets traded for LeBron but can definitely see a scenario that Boston ditches him to grab LeBron after how their kids acquitted themselves this PS. they would be scary.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I mean, that’s life in the NBA. There’s rumors everywhere. Is Lebron leaving CLE? Can GS afford their core? Will HOU break it up for another star? Etc, etc.

I can see the talk weighing on Kyrie though so I do see the point. It’s going to happen wherever he goes next too though. And I’d say the local media has been totally dismissive of move Kyrie talks which helps.
    I don’t disagree on the first part, but to me it’s not like the team just acquired one of those guys, and then has stories to move them because something new came along.

I see Kyrie as a guy that lets this stuff weighing on Kyrie more than anything else. He comes off as a guy that very aware of what’s said about him, whether that’s from him or the people around him telling him.

So I can see him being sensitive to comments like “Straight up trade for Kawhi?” Or “We got to the ECF without him, Scary Terry is great!” Some guys are great at letting that roll off their back, some guys internalize all of it and make it drive them.

It’s also a negotiation tool. “Eh I might leave”. “Ok here’s the max early.” “Cool got what I want.”

PROCESSING

i highly doubt they're 'scared' or even worried. a very sensationalized title all got us here tho so kudos to the person who wrote it

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    No one loves the "Boston culture" whatever that even means.
    It’s a winning culture, winning city. Something you’re probably not familiar with, so it makes sense why you don’t know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Because he never wanted to be there in the first place. We don't no how he feels, and this story could be just fake news.

But we shouldn't be trying to presume whats best for Kyrie.

Maybe

They was never on his list. So I don't know how you can say this.
    We know he had a great time this year, outside of his injury. Not just on camera stuff either. By all accounts he really enjoyed playing here.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    So close every speculation thread? PSD would be a ghost town.
    lol

We can speculate on which team we think he might go too, or in are opinion should go too, but when posters start saying stuff like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Him leaving makes little to no sense, in pretty much every way you look at it.
    We are not Kyrie, we shouldn't bash the man if he doesn't want to stay on a particular team. He was traded there. Thats all I'm getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    lol

We can speculate on which team we think he might go too, or in are opinion should go too, but when posters start saying stuff like this...

We are not Kyrie, we shouldn't bash the man if he doesn't want to stay on a particular team. He was traded there. Thats all I'm getting at.
    No one is bashing him lol. I’m just saying there’s no evidence that says he wants to leave, and by all accounts he loves it in Boston. We could make this thread for every player in the NBA.

Kyrie is scared the Celtics won't want him — or will add LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Kyrie is scared the Celtics won't want him — or will add LeBron.
    My thoughts as well. Keeping options open are the best decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    No one loves the "Boston culture" whatever that even means.
    Same thing as the Knicks/Nets culture.
    ...'cept for the winning part.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    No one is bashing him lol. I’m just saying there’s no evidence that says he wants to leave, and by all accounts he loves it in Boston. We could make this thread for every player in the NBA.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    If Boston learned anything this post-season, it's that they are good enough to win without Kyrie. And Hayward. That said... they would be better with both, but they would also be better with just Hayward, and if tey could move Kyrie for assets.... and another star... well... why not?

Ainge has taken the 'build assests' approach, and it has helped.... a lot. It's worked in his favour every time, and I don't see him changing that up now.

As the GM, I'd be curious to see what this team could do when healthy: Kyrie/Terry, Hayward, Tatum, Brown/Morris, Horford.... but... it looks like Tatum is something special. Is having Kyrie and Hayward going to impede his growth?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Hell yeh, Lebron to Celtics, Kyrie to the Knicks, contract fillers and boat load of picks to a rebooting Cavs team. 3 way team

But not too many picks from Knicks though

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    Hell yeh, Lebron to Celtics, Kyrie to the Knicks, contract fillers and boat load of picks to a rebooting Cavs team. 3 way team

But not too many picks from Knicks though
    3-way trade
    Lebron (opt in), Korver, Porzingis, Noah to Celtics, Hayward, Morris, Nitilikina, Yabusele, Celtics' highest 2019 1st (top 5 protected) to Cavs, Kyrie to Knicks.

- C's get their "compete with GS" core and shed enough contracts to have the cap to re-sign Smart.
    - Knicks get a hometown franchise player Kyrie and Noah's terrible contract off of the books.
    - Cavs get 3 young first round prospects (one being a draft pick next year), a new franchise player to build around, an expiring tradeable contract.

It's funny that whenever you can easily tell what team someone roots for, that their trade proposals are always lopsided.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast