Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you do the whole 1 WAR = 8mil then Davis is worth negative 40 mil lol

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's like Ryan Howard all over again.
    I actually feel bad for Orioles fans and that makes me feel they are in a much worse situation than the Phillies were.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's like Ryan Howard all over again.
    Howard still had a .700 OPS in his last season, and taking out the glove work, might have been a solid, positive WAR player in the AL (I'm assuming while DHing and not playing the field, you would see an uptick offensively.). Davis has just cratered. It's way, way worse than Howard ever could've been for the Phillies. And we continue to give him consistent, every day at-bats.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I actually feel bad for Orioles fans and that makes me feel they are in a much worse situation than the Phillies were.
    Phillies are in a great situation. While Dan Duquette got a lot of mileage out of this team and found some great contributors as reclamation project, the team from 2012-2016 has a lot of credit that needs to be shown to MacPhail and Klentak.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    If the O's do a fire sale then the situation is not so dire. But management is incompetent and I am starting to wonder if Machado will be traded at all.

^^^^

And since then, Davis has been benched per Showalter, and until the coaches and him can agree things are fixed, he will not be starting. So essentially the Orioles are going with a 24 man roster right now.

He was shagging fly balls in the outfield yesterday before the game in DC. He stepped into the cage a few times in the last group of BP, and sent one ball into the upper deck in right field. He was having a ton of fun in the outfield apparently, more than I would expect from someone who is trying to work so hard to come back, and I would've thought he would have taken more swings in BP.

Also, in an interview with FanGraphs about the changing landscape in baseball, the writer asked Buck about contracts and he said this verbatim- "I guarantee you, if you sign a guy to a seven-year contract, you’re going to be lucky if you’re happy for four of those seven."

He could've said six or eight years, but chose seven.....the same number of the Davis contract.

Chris Davis ties Cal Ripken Jr.'s Orioles all-time strikeout record — in 2,029 fewer games

When Chris Davis swung through a 1-2 changeup from Fernando Rodney in the ninth inning of the Orioles’ 5-2 loss to the Minnesota Twins on Thursday night at Target Field, it marked a dubious distinction for the Orioles first baseman.

With the strikeout, his first of the night in four at bats, Davis recorded his 1,305th career strikeout with the Orioles, tying him with Cal Ripken Jr. for first place on the all-time franchise list.
    Yikes.

Wow lmao

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12