Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Jimbo if I was a celtic fan I'd be in heaven with this proposal.

Knicks without KP will not probably be in the playoffs and then with Kyrie have no monies for a 2019 FA and we lose our pick this year.

This is where patience is a virtue.

Not to mention why bother nobody in the east will be Boston and Philly will be tough and Toronto is always a good regular season team, not sure what this does for the Knicks?

Not to mention who from the Knicks will go worth over 18M? that is just not fillers and Cleveland with Lebron will love the picks but will not take on contracts, I mean Kanter or Noah? I highly doubt it.

I much rather stay the course with KP out half the year and then get Kyrie in FA and keep our pick.

Now if Clev wants to gamble we stink next year and take the Knicks first and take Noah I'm in......now we have our pick this year and monies for a FA in 2019 to add to Kyrie and KP and our pick and Frank and so on.
    Yeah, I wasn't crazy about it either at first. I wouldn't want us to fall into another Melo situation, where we give up assets just because we are impatient.

Agreed, I think if they agreed to take Noah, or Courtney lee, lance Thomas and baker, that could be a worthwhile move... It would help clear some cap space over the next few years to pair kyrie, KP with a 3rd stud.

My friends argument is that It's the only real way that lebron can make his way to Boston without ainge looking like a total douche by parting ways with Hayward & severely damaging his reputation with FA's.

Kyrie does not sound like a guy who is gonna stay in Boston.

I could see Ainge dealing him before this upcoming season TBH.

It must have been very difficult watching from the sidelines as the Celtics advanced in the playoffs. How is your knee rehab going?

Irving: ďIím taking it one day at a time. You know itís just a process, getting back into the swing of things. Itís a different off-season for me. Itís a lot more time focusing on my body and getting mentally prepared for next season. Iím just super proud of the guys and what they accomplished. They really stuck together throughout everything. Obviously Game 7 didnít necessarily go the way we all planned, but I mean those guys, they gave it all throughout the whole playoff run.Ē

When youíre watching the NBA Finals, whatís been running through your mind? Obviously, you guys came close but didnít make it there this year. Do you look at the Celtics as a long-term destination for you? Or are you taking it year by year?

Irving: ďWell, I mean I know that question is going to come up a lot over the next year, just based upon where my deal is. And, you know, that time will arise and when it does, I think Iíll have a better, clear, concise answer for a lot of people that are going to ask. Yeah, I just have to take it as being present with the Boston Celtics. You know, and just going into this year with the mindset of trying to win a championship.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this is great I've been saying Kyrie in 2019 since he was traded to the Celtics and said he'd play with KP.

Everyone needs to realize this.........nobody leaves Lebron unless they want to win a chip and not because of another player, Kyrie has enough self esteem and talent that with the right pieces he can make NY relative again and that would make him a folk hero..........

It's a win, win situation for him, he wants to come here, he'll get his money and be the guy, and KP will play with him and Frank will play defense and our new SF will be an extremely good shooter and defender.

And I'll go this far, if the Knicks get any feeling Kyrie will in fact come then a player like Mikal makes so much sense.
    I was about to make your Mikal point before I saw that you did.I mean I feel he should be our pick no matter what but him and Frank are one damned good back court duo. Add what Kyrie could do for KP. Then what KP Mikal and Frank do for out defense.

It's hard not to get excited about the prospect. But it's not for sure and Kyrie is injury prone. So not a lot of eggs going into that basket until he officially says he is ready to join.

We need to learn from the Melo deal. No trades for Kyrie.

If Kyrie wants to come here let him join a core of KP and 2 years of tank picks.

So far this FO appears to get how to build a roster long term, so I hope they will not gut the roster for a quick deal. Let Kyrie come here via FA if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post

If Kyrie wants to come here let him join a core of KP and 2 years of tank picks.

So far this FO appears to get how to build a roster long term, so I hope they will not gut the roster for a quick deal. Let Kyrie come here via FA if he wants.
    What have they done to justify your full trust?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Perry has stated a few times he plans to be a player in the summer of 2019...Noah and Lee will still be on the books for one more year for a combined 30 mil...would really have to get creative in order to clear up the cap space. Man its always a washed up Center that keeps us cash strapped in FA- eddy curry, Jerome James, Noah....sigh

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I was about to make your Mikal point before I saw that you did.I mean I feel he should be our pick no matter what but him and Frank are one damned good back court duo. Add what Kyrie could do for KP. Then what KP Mikal and Frank do for out defense.

It's hard not to get excited about the prospect. But it's not for sure and Kyrie is injury prone. So not a lot of eggs going into that basket until he officially says he is ready to join.
    This is a hypothetical scenario I can entertain. That mix of offense and defense would be a perfect blend. What type of player would you think fits in at the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    What have they done to justify your full trust?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    lol no one gets my full trust.

But they appear to be stacking contracts with expiration dates in 2019 and 2020. The just seem to be targeting those years from all our moves. That and the fact that they aren't trading picks, and are content tanking until those dates.

I don't know, I feel confident in Perry more so than I have any Knicks FO in the past. They appear to have a plan, are sticking to their guns, and Dolan isn't interfering...yet. That's all you can really ask for as a Knicks fan.

Do I think they can put the team over the top once the money is off the books? That I have no idea. But they appear to be putting themselves in a position to do so.

They'll have my "full trust" when their plan A fails but they pull off a plan B that's equally as good and no one saw it coming.

lol no one gets my full trust.

But they appear to be stacking contracts with expiration dates in 2019 and 2020. The just seem to be targeting those years from all our moves. That and the fact that they aren't trading picks, and are content tanking until those dates.

I don't know, I feel confident in Perry more so than I have any Knicks FO in the past. They appear to have a plan, are sticking to their guns, and Dolan isn't interfering...yet. That's all you can really ask for as a Knicks fan.

Do I think they can put the team over the top once the money is off the books? That I have no idea. But they appear to be putting themselves in a position to do so.

They'll have my "full trust" when their plan A fails but they pull off a plan B that's equally as good and no one saw it coming.
    They didn't tank or even try to tank once KP went down, they waited till end of season to fire jeff after noah fight, they wasted draft pick on a mudiay when we already had two solid players at PG. I mean this mofos were high fiving players after the win against cavs at the end of the season when other teams like dallas and chicago were doing the opposite fighting against league and outright tanking but the knicks were happy falling down to 9th spot... they also played vets a lot and sold us the youth development crap at the beginning of the year. The Knicks have to do a lot of hard work to get back fans trust more than just fancy speeches or culture slogans.

Adding Kyrie to a potential core of Frank, KP, #9 pick, and next years first round pick (hopefully top 5) would be solid IMO. We just need to hit on the picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    Adding Kyrie to a potential core of Frank, KP, #9 pick, and next years first round pick (hopefully top 5) would be solid IMO. We just need to hit on the picks.
    This^^^

I'm not in favor of getting another SG - we already have thj, lee and dotson....I want a forward that can play the 3/4. Porter pleasssse....If Porter is on the board when Chicaco and they want MIkal bridges, I think we offer to swap 2019 1st rd pick and our 2nd next year.

This is our chance to right our wrongs with the Melo trade. We should exercise patience and wait until 2019. Draft Bamba, Porter Jr., M Bridges... if available. No trades unless it completely removes Noah. Keep 2019 1st round pick as well.

Sign Kyrie, put him next to Frank...

Bamba
    KP
    TH Jr.
    Ntilikina
    Irving

2019 1ST ROUND PICK

I would go to battle with that lineup and not lose sleep at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123