Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Gopher

11 39.29%
  • LA Borrachos

15 53.57%
  • GMs vote here

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    im very surprised the MJ team beat Raps team, but thats the power of MJ
    Ya the last game a very poor MJ team won too, some people just see one name and vote. I actually had the chance to take MJ like G1 has mentioned but didn't go for it because I actually wanted to build a fun overall team more to go up with the heavyweight individuals. Probably losing strategy on PSD

I had Gopher's team as #2 overall, G1 wasn't even in my eventual top 10. I think Gopher's team overall is more talented, has greater depth but there's one important category (and an added bonus) that makes me consider going with G1 here. Gopher's team is one of the worst in terms of deep playoff runs (Can't blame individuals though) out of the game but what does hurt them is that they're not a clutch team with most of their players disappearing from their usual selves when it's winning time. On the other hand, not only you have Michael Jordan, but you have a team filled with determined players and winners. But there's an evident lack of depth and roster completeness there which is what drives me away from voting them instantly.

Still have not seen any of the two tackling the issue of depth so I'll wait a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I had Gopher's team as #2 overall, G1 wasn't even in my eventual top 10. I think Gopher's team overall is more talented, has greater depth but there's one important category (and an added bonus) that makes me consider going with G1 here. Gopher's team is one of the worst in terms of deep playoff runs (Can't blame individuals though) out of the game but what does hurt them is that they're not a clutch team with most of their players disappearing from their usual selves when it's winning time. On the other hand, not only you have Michael Jordan, but you have a team filled with determined players and winners. But there's an evident lack of depth and roster completeness there which is what drives me away from voting them instantly.

Still have not seen any of the two tackling the issue of depth so I'll wait a little bit more.
    Ya I covered it in the chatzy but one thing about my team I actually liked is trying to overcome the poor perception. I 100% think NBA fans are some of the blindest people when it comes to judging individual players and the way championships are used. If it would have been possible I was gonna try and go with even less winners.

FYI didn't Barry win a title as the man in pretty great fashion? I feel like for all this talk Drob won when he got young Duncan, all it took was some talent. Stockton never won but again just use logic and look at how his teams made the finals and took those Bulls to 6. His team loses Pippen/Rodman defense to Gasol/Artest and I upgrade from Malone to Drob and add Barry/Marion/Webber. Again I got better in every way essentially and his team is just a bit better because while they gain offense the get hurt on D

gophers kind of winning me over. i actually like LA Borrachos in this particular matchup even though I hated them vs Raps team. but gopher is strong in his write ups

im still on the fence and havent voted yet

First Sim League Title!

I mean one way of putting it is how often have we seen a team with 4/5 best players in the matchup (arguably) lose? Basketball is a team game and after Michael Jordan I just kill this matchup. BTW my last starter is Marion who isn't the worst one in the matchup either.

Marion is a perfect role player type who can score in high volume/efficiency too (aka abuses weak defenders leaving me no weak links on the court). For those wondering about my bench I basically have Cassell/Rashard/Camby as my main backups. The first two can come into the game and again beat up a bit on weak matchups and also space the floor out to give my other stars room. Camby is to insure that at all times I have a DPOY caliber big man in the game. In certain matchups I can use both together but I am not sure that this is the matchup for this, I think Rashard spacing out Mahorn hurts his value (or force Mahorn in at specific times with MJ to impede their offense, he has to pick one). Paul Pressey could be used at times just to give MJ a different look/fresh legs type of thing but I wouldn't say he will be an impact player or anything I just like to have a mix of talents/roles/skills etc. to give me balance/mismatches and he was a good wing defender left for off my bench. I not only have far more talent but mine fits together very well with backups who can come in to score/space/defend at times to spell them depending on matchups.

Gopher has the better team top to bottom and they mesh well together. Some really good passers all over the court and Stockton can run pick and roll/pop all day long with Robinson and Webber. Plus that team in the fast break is going to be unstoppable.

I just think Gopher has more than enough talent to overcome not having the best player in the series. But I know too many people are just gonna see MJ and that'll decide their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Gopher has the better team top to bottom and they mesh well together. Some really good passers all over the court and Stockton can run pick and roll/pop all day long with Robinson and Webber. Plus that team in the fast break is going to be unstoppable.

I just think Gopher has more than enough talent to overcome not having the best player in the series. But I know too many people are just gonna see MJ and that'll decide their vote.
    Yup. I went with the same idea of pairing Stockton with a dominant big to pick and pop (I just prefer Drob a bit more) and as I mentioned my athleticism (especially frontcourt) is an advantage here.

MJ just has that perception he would never lose to some so even when he's up against far superior talent and without Pippen etc. it won't matter. MJ doesn't lose, ever (except for when he didn't have Pippen irl). Even with young Pippen when they went against the loaded Pistons they came up short. Now there are factors like Pippen but that team wasn't close to as loaded as mine and like I said still had 24 year olds Pippen/Grant with MJ and lost because in general the talent was closeish and some minor things can decide a close series (IT/Dumars/Rodman/Laimbeer so not even close to the top talent I have either and they can still beat a IRL MJ team).

Like I said show me how often he went up against a team with 4/5 best players (him being the 1) and took them down? It just didn't happen irl on those Bulls teams but RINGS, MJ the GOAT etc. will always be a factor in NBA (and especially PSD) discussions lol. That Pistons series will be forgotten when debates like this come up but as I mentioned that's part of what I like about a team without an elite top 5 or 10 talent but is overwhelming throughout.

I agree MJ was the goat but basketball being a team game just doesn't register with everyone, can't tell you how many times I have seen the best player lose for my teams/in college/in the NBA etc.just because of a better team and again before Jordan had some type of comparable help to his competition (Pippen and Grant/Rodman) he was losing in the playoffs too because the rest does matter. It's not on him as no one can carry a team of less talented overall players etc. over too much I am just out to try and make people think about matchups/talent/context/fit etc more with this team I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I covered it in the chatzy but one thing about my team I actually liked is trying to overcome the poor perception. I 100% think NBA fans are some of the blindest people when it comes to judging individual players and the way championships are used. If it would have been possible I was gonna try and go with even less winners.

FYI didn't Barry win a title as the man in pretty great fashion? I feel like for all this talk Drob won when he got young Duncan, all it took was some talent. Stockton never won but again just use logic and look at how his teams made the finals and took those Bulls to 6. His team loses Pippen/Rodman defense to Gasol/Artest and I upgrade from Malone to Drob and add Barry/Marion/Webber. Again I got better in every way essentially and his team is just a bit better because while they gain offense the get hurt on D
    Oh, I agree trust me.

People might see a team like:

Stockton
    Richmond
    Sprewell
    Barkley
    Ewing

and say they won't win lol.

I actually mostly "penalized" your team because of Chris Webber being there. That clutchless factor stuck with him since his college days. And Rashard Lewis backing him up doesn't make things look better there.

At work but wanted to make a few points. Iíll get on later again and debate.

1- MJ answer, Gophers team is well constructed but he has 0 answers for Jordan, he has a lack of wing depth and absolutely nothing to slow down MJ at all.

2. Traded MJ, Gopher Legit traded Michael Jordan, not only have we seen Michael play fantastic basketball but thereís moments, when MJ took it to the next level, not only does he have a HUGE Chip on his shoulders but MJ is pissed off at the lack of respect heís getting. No answers + a pissed off mad MJ is HUGE PROBLEMS.

3. Not only do I have MJ 6-0record in the finals but my entire starting 5 has won an NBA Champion being the 1st/2nd option. My team is full of excellent role players, who know their role and know what it take shape to get it done. Sure Gopher had a good team but the lack of championship experience and doing what it takes to get it done kills him.

4. Wings, My team carries the HUGE advantage on both side of the Ball, defensively and offensively. Your wings will get 0 production with two DPOY wth the ability to frustrate and **** your wings down and on the other end demoralize your team with easy buckets. Your team has shown historically when things get tough, they fold under pressure. With MJís determination and will and constant offensive barrage, I see your team crumbling when things get tough, like they have shown historically. I donít think, I have the best team in this tournament but these series are definitely about match ups and Gopher has 0 wing defense for the greatest SG ever. This match up hugely favors LA.
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 06-08-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Oh, I agree trust me.

People might see a team like:

Stockton
    Richmond
    Sprewell
    Barkley
    Ewing

and say they won't win lol.

I actually mostly "penalized" your team because of Chris Webber being there. That clutchless factor stuck with him since his college days. And Rashard Lewis backing him up doesn't make things look better there.
    I mean he is my 4th option on this team essentially though. Given Marion's matchup and him wanting mahorn in you could argue he is less of one than him this game. Webber just needs to be an all around PF playing hard on defense, passing/screening within the offenses, scoring when it's his turn (he will have less volume on this team than his normal career). That's why having so much talent/scoring at every position and a team of high IQ players who can all move the ball etc. is so key to this design. Even if you don't like one or two of my matchups I should have a couple high level guys (like Marion/Drob) with mismatches to an extent (Goodrich/Sikma). Barry coming around screens can possibly get him free from a larger Artest than maybe a quicker defender as well and anytime he gets goodrich on him he can attack. Webber is just another of many options and doesn't need to be the main scorer/creator in any fashion on this team just play within the flow. None of these guys have the same individual pressure that they would have normally had during their peak due to the talent around them, that's the key!

Ya I know and have seen your posts on the topic which is why I couldn't believe it was coming from you too. Overall I think you get the game of basketball etc. (you even coach overseas right?) even if you are ridiculous with your Lebron isn't a top 10 player bias lol. I actually had the chance to pair Bird/Drob if I pushed for it but really liked the idea of this well rounded team and trying to break this trend. You may have missed it in the chatzy but ya I started trying to make some lineups of non winners that I could obtain and at least have the potential to win with.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    At work but wanted to make a few points. Iíll get on later again and debate.

1- MJ answer, Gophers team is well constructed but he has 0 answers for Jordan, he has a lack of wing depth and absolutely nothing to slow down MJ at all.

2. Traded MJ, Gopher Legit traded Michael Jordan, not only have we seen Michael play fantastic basketball but thereís moments, when MJ took it to the next level, not only does he have a HUGE Chip on his shoulders but MJ is pissed off at the lack of respect heís getting. No answers + a pissed off mad MJ is HUGE PROBLEMS.

3. Not only do I have MJ 6-0record in the finals but my entire starting 5 has won an NBA Champion being the 1st/2nd option. My team is full of excellent role players, who know their role and know what it take shape to get it done. Sure Gopher had a good team but the lack of championship experience and doing what it takes to get it done kills him.

4. Wings, My team carries the HUGE advantage on both side of the Ball, defensively and offensively. Your wings will get 0 production with two DPOY wth the ability to frustrate and **** your wings down and on the other end demoralize your team with easy buckets. Your team has shown historically when things get tough, they fold under pressure. With MJís determination and will and constant offensive barrage, I see your team crumbling when things get tough, like they have shown historically. I donít think, I have the best team in this tournament but these series are definitely about match ups and Gopher has 0 wing defense for the greatest SG ever. This match up hugely favors LA.
    1. Marion with big men at the hoop. You have yet to explain how MJ on the perimeter or attacking into a DPOY with Marion on his side is some huge advantage. MJ is MJ but that's all you have in this matchup and have ignored my explanation of how I will play your team above I guess.

2. Ok MJ is angry, got it. Like I said MJ is MJ I already expected the goat.

3.This is just MJ's accomplishment that were obtainted with Pippen+ etc. I do have some championship experience and with far more talent all around than these guys have played with before. Again you just have off court stuff nothing related to our matchups really so far.

4. Oh my bad jumped the gun here we go wings. You have now said MJ will be covering both Stockton and one of my wings now so which is it? You have been all over the place so far in the write ups yet people still just see MJ haha. Oh back to the my team has MJ and championships on their IRL teams etc. You portraying Marion as 0 wing defense just shows the lengths you need to go here. He won't stop MJ but he was a very good wing defender and his size etc. should prevent too much post damage

Lol at this rate, MJ team going to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    someones bitter. I couldn't even get a write-up in? lmao ok
    Nah. I've always vote without a writeup. Much better than those puss GMs who pretend they want a writeup before deciding on a matchup but never vote anyway.

Gopher was #1 in my seeding and you were in the 12-16 range I think so don't see a need for a writeup.

Could someone please add my vote for gopher's team.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Could someone please add my vote for gopher's team.
    Nightmares from the B2B?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast