Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They're not rookies man. They've played long enough that performing marginally better in the postseason won't do jack **** for their value.
    The only part where I said it would improve the players trade value was Ibaka. And yes I think Ibaka would have more value as an expiring than he would now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The only part where I said it would improve the players trade value was Ibaka. And yes I think Ibaka would have more value as an expiring than he would now.
    Nah he would be more valuable because he's expiring not because Nurse or whomever elevated his play. He's washed up and the entire league knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nah he would be more valuable because he's expiring not because Nurse or whomever elevated his play. He's washed up and the entire league knows it.
    Yeah dude. Are you even reading my posts? That's exactly what I'm saying - ibaka would have value as an expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah dude. Are you even reading my posts? That's exactly what I'm saying - ibaka would have value as an expiring.
    I'm referring to the part where you said that we should sit on these pieces to see what Nurse can get out of them. I'm just saying that coach or no coach, their value is already set. Ibaka is one example where you might be able to get more value out of as an expiring and I agree with you but in terms of the roster overall, waiting an extra year is not really worth it. The Raptors are long past the "wait and see" approach.

Yeah I definitely wasn't talking about their trade value going up. I am curious what nurse can get out of these guys. And it is conceivable that he improves a player like ibaka's value. Ibaka putting up 13/5 on 40% from 3 as an expiring could make things more interesting. But then again him doing that makes him a valuable piece to a (hopefully) winning and competitive young franchise.

I just want to see a Lowry blockbuster tbh. I think FVV brings all the things that Lowry brings without some of the baggage. A couple future picks and/or a young player or 2 sets us up nicely for the future. DeRozan can lead these guys. He's a great role model and volume scorer to take some of the attention/heat off of the young Gunz.

It sucks though that our team is pretty balanced and complete - the only hole is top end talent.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516