Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Just ask for your old account back lol.

There are two ways to look at the hiring of Nurse from the perspective of a Valanciunas supporter. First would be that he does not fit the small-ball, 3-point-heavy direction toward which Nurse will surely take the offense. That’s already gotten renewed trade talk bubbling around Valanciunas.

But sources with knowledge of the situation say that’s not likely, that Valanciunas and Nurse will go nicely together. Valanciunas and Nurse had a good working relationship, and there is a sense that Valanciunas will only be encouraged to develop more confidence in his perimeter game, in an effort to space the floor and create passing and driving lanes for guards Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.

If you’re expecting the Nurse hire to be the forerunner of a major Raptors trade, especially one involving Valanciunas, know that it’s unlikely.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Just ask for your old account back lol.
    lol I did, twice. Once for Trace when my roommate left and I forgot the password. Ink threatened to ban me if I didn't get it sorted with the admin. The admin said I couldn't prove that account belonged to me since I used a temporary email. So I just stuck with freakazoid. That's why Ink kept threatening to ban me. Then with 'freakazoid', the admin didn't even bother replying to my email. nbd

Quote Originally Posted by ecart:32394215

Yup.
    Well its nice to see you back.

What do you think he will do with the offense now that he has full control?

One anonymous source (I'm guessing someone in the front office) thinks the team will move a lot more off the ball.

I think I read that in the Grange article.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol I did, twice. Once for Trace when my roommate left and I forgot the password. Ink threatened to ban me if I didn't get it sorted with the admin. The admin said I couldn't prove that account belonged to me since I used a temporary email. So I just stuck with freakazoid. That's why Ink kept threatening to ban me. Then with 'freakazoid', the admin didn't even bother replying to my email. nbd
    He'll probably report you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Well its nice to see you back.

What do you think he will do with the offense now that he has full control?

One anonymous source (I'm guessing someone in the front office) thinks the team will move a lot more off the ball.

I think I read that in the Grange article.
    Thanks. Nurse likes to experiment and isn't afraid to change things up. I expect him to micromanage our players more. He won't let them run free like Casey. I also think there was a rift in the coaching staff. Kinda explains Casey's passive aggressive remarks when he told reporters to ask the assistant coaches. Also why we never consistently ran our motion offence in previous years and always resorted to our HORNS pet plays down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He'll probably report you lol.
    lol their loss.

btw if the rumours are true. I really really hope we hire sergio scariolo.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart:32394333
    Thanks. Nurse likes to experiment and isn't afraid to change things up. I expect him to micromanage our players more. He won't let them run free like Casey. I also think there was a rift in the coaching staff. Kinda explains Casey's passive aggressive remarks when he told reporters to ask the assistant coaches. Also why we never consistently ran our motion offence in previous years and always resorted to our HORNS pet plays down the stretch.
    It also explains why he blamed the assistants for inserting Bebe in game 4.

I'm excited to see what Nurse can do but I hope Masai isn't content with the roster. I'd like to see him try get another star. Easier said than done of course but with the window closing, he has to go for it at some point.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Nurse completely revamped and modernized our offence when he first came here. Then we slowly moved away from Horns sets and predominantly used continuity offences like Flex. Then we moved away from continuity to motion with our corner offence in 2016. Then in 2017-2018 we used a 5 out motion.
    Ok, fair enough. But it does seem a bit like you give him credit for ask the good, and throw the bad stuff on Casey. Either Casey did let him influence things or not.

Never had a job where your boss shoots down all the ideas you pitch?
    NBA coaching gets compared to real jobs a bit too often around here, imo. But, no, never. I never would've stayed at it for 5 years if that was the case. I'm guessing there were plenty of ideas that were not shot down, and we will recognize a lot of the same stuff next year.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I'm guessing there were plenty of ideas that were not shot down, and we will recognize a lot of the same stuff next year.
    sig bet?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    sig bet?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    How do you "measure" who is right for a sig bet like that?

Rex will be join the Clippers staff. He will be missed.

Nick Nurse will be introduced at 2:30pm today.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    How do you "measure" who is right for a sig bet like that?
    i'll know. and he will know. it's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Well that was a really short presser.

For those who missed it:

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast