Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I'm gonna be mad if it's Nurse
    Why?

Coaching wasn't the biggest reason we lost. And anything you can blame towards coaching is in game adjustments as opposed to culture building, style of play, etc. Realistically, we were a relatively good team with a good culture that had a terrible matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I'm ok with anyone but Nurse. He might be a fine coach, he probably is, but I really want to see a big change now that Casey is out.
    What type of change would you want that you think Nick can't provide that other coaches can?

Maybe he pulls a Hoiberg and does something like bench Ibaka the way he benched Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Why?

Coaching wasn't the biggest reason we lost. And anything you can blame towards coaching is in game adjustments as opposed to culture building, style of play, etc. Realistically, we were a relatively good team with a good culture that had a terrible matchup.
    Coaching may have been fine in the regular season but in the playoffs it wasnít good over the past few seasons. We canít always blame it on LBJ. Raptors did struggle against teams like wizards and bucks in the past. In game adjustments matter in the playoffs. Nurse might be a good coach and may do well. But can he really be a different voice with the current team?

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Coaching may have been fine in the regular season but in the playoffs it wasnít good over the past few seasons. We canít always blame it on LBJ. Raptors did struggle against teams like wizards and bucks in the past. In game adjustments matter in the playoffs. Nurse might be a good coach and may do well. But can he really be a different voice with the current team?
    Talking about this year.

They played completely different this year compared to other years that I don't think it's as simple as lumping all the past results together.

We made majority of the changes that people have asked from this team for years and you can argue the team overachieved (which is generally a good thing). Do you really need that much of a different voice when most things worked in our favour this year? Would make more sense IMO to build on what we have and address things like getting another top talent or getting better role players while hoping Demar/Lowry continue to make improvements (where they both took big steps last year). Worst case, the main guys expire in 2 years and I would love Nurse to coach a young team given he made a hell of a 2nd unit work together.

Having another coach might result in a better chance of the players having a different perspective (maybe they develop that edge) but I think we might need the talent first.

Talking about this year.

They played completely different this year compared to other years that I don't think it's as simple as lumping all the past results together.

We made majority of the changes that people have asked from this team for years and you can argue the team overachieved (which is generally a good thing). Do you really need that much of a different voice when most things worked in our favour this year? Would make more sense IMO to build on what we have and address things like getting another top talent or getting better role players while hoping Demar/Lowry continue to make improvements (where they both took big steps last year). Worst case, the main guys expire in 2 years and I would love Nurse to coach a young team given he made a hell of a 2nd unit work together.

Having another coach might result in a better chance of the players having a different perspective (maybe they develop that edge) but I think we might need the talent first.
    I donít think they played completely different in the playoffs. They struggled against a very weak wizards squad and that game 5 could have gone the other way. They folded against a subpar cavs team (compared to other years). They have had the same coaches. I agree the talent level is not there. But for a team that looked so promising in the regular season they couldnít put up any kind of fight against the cavs. DD looked the same in the playoffs. I agree the talent is the first concern and they have to address it. But if the coaching wasnít a major concern, DC would have been retained based on his regular season credentials.

I donít think they played completely different in the playoffs. They struggled against a very weak wizards squad and that game 5 could have gone the other way. They folded against a subpar cavs team (compared to other years). They have had the same coaches. I agree the talent level is not there. But for a team that looked so promising in the regular season they couldnít put up any kind of fight against the cavs. DD looked the same in the playoffs. I agree the talent is the first concern and they have to address it. But if the coaching wasnít a major concern, DC would have been retained based on his regular season credentials.
    In terms of considering the 2 bolded, what does that mean to you?

Of all the different scenarios in my head, the best way to describe the 2 bolded would be a team that made the right step but had trouble kicking bad habits when the going gets tough. I don't think getting an external coach is the solution, especially if he tries to implement his own system, so I don't have a problem with Nurse. Also, I think thinking about the future is a good idea since the core is guaranteed only for 2 years anyway and Nurse would be good for that.

As for the underlined, we all know DC was the scapegoat though and they made the move for the sake of making a move (don't like him as an XO coach but he did more right than wrong this year), which is why I'm a bit surprised people are so concerned about Nurse.

I do think the other 2 main candidates would be good (wanted Messina as early as the BC days when he was first brought up) but I am afraid they do not fit in with the culture we built now and it may take a while to build their own culture (when the main guys expire).

Why?

I thought the Wiz series was fine but Casey was god awful in the Cavs series

In terms of considering the 2 bolded, what does that mean to you?

Of all the different scenarios in my head, the best way to describe the 2 bolded would be a team that made the right step but had trouble kicking bad habits when the going gets tough. I don't think getting an external coach is the solution, especially if he tries to implement his own system, so I don't have a problem with Nurse. Also, I think thinking about the future is a good idea since the core is guaranteed only for 2 years anyway and Nurse would be good for that.

As for the underlined, we all know DC was the scapegoat though and they made the move for the sake of making a move (don't like him as an XO coach but he did more right than wrong this year), which is why I'm a bit surprised people are so concerned about Nurse.
    I Personally think a different coach mat have had a different impact on the cavs series. They may or may not have beaten the cavs but they wouldnít have looked this ill prepared. DC has struggled with his coaching in the playoffs over the years. I actually donít mind seeing a new system. But all going to depend on which players are retained.

Nurse could be the next Dantoni.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Honestly nurse isn't a bad pick. We'll have a top 5 offense every season he is the head coach, even through a rebuild.
    we've been a top 5 offense the past couple years havent we?

I Personally think a different coach mat have had a different impact on the cavs series. They may or may not have beaten the cavs but they wouldnít have looked this ill prepared. DC has struggled with his coaching in the playoffs over the years. I actually donít mind seeing a new system. But all going to depend on which players are retained.
    I think he could have been mkre "hungry" but not enough to win IMO. A new coach i just worry the main guys dont respect and the first uear might be afeeling out year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nurse could be the next Dantoni.
    The rockets were infkuenced by his style ofbplay I read somewhere

The rockets were infkuenced by his style ofbplay I read somewhere
    IIRC he was the coach of that weird experimental Rockets DLeague team that pretty much only shot layups and 3s and never took a midranger

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    IIRC he was the coach of that weird experimental Rockets DLeague team that pretty much only shot layups and 3s and never took a midranger
    Well the rockets pretty much do that now lol. Even a bit extreme for Dantoni.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast