Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Trout

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Part of it is that Trout himself doesn't necessarily want all of the attention that the face of baseball warrants.
    Which is perhaps the most important reason it's silly to complain about him being "underrated." If the broader public doesn't know you because you don't want it to, OF COURSE you aren't going to get the recognition.

Mike trout is not a god like figure because of where he plays not who he is as a person.

Late home games for all eastern fans. Playoff team once in his career? National exposure is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    Mike trout is not a god like figure because of where he plays not who he is as a person.

Late home games for all eastern fans. Playoff team once in his career? National exposure is not there.
    Kobe, Shaq, Magic, etc... They didn't have trouble in the LA market.

But whatever. It's irrelevent. He doesn't want the limelight, as has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Kobe, Shaq, Magic, etc... They didn't have trouble in the LA market.

But whatever. It's irrelevent. He doesn't want the limelight, as has been said.
    What? You're comparing NBA coverage to MLB? What?

I'm not sure if you know this, but the NBA has a lot more dedication to it from ESPN, TNT, and most sport news outlets. Lonzo Ball has more attention than Mike Trout. If you look at ESPN's "100 Most Famous Athletes", you won't find a single baseball player in the top 100 from this year. Furthermore, the Lakers are the pinnacle of LA basketball, not the Clippers. So name some Clipper legends that have the same amount of stardom as Shaq, Magic, or Kobe. The Dodgers are in the same position as the Lakers, as the Angels are to the Clippers. Your comparison is just ridiculous, the Lakers are one of the most symbolic icons of American culture.

Quote Originally Posted by YungTomat View Post

I'm not sure if you know this, but the NBA has a lot more dedication to it from ESPN, TNT, and most sport news outlets. Lonzo Ball has more attention than Mike Trout. If you look at ESPN's "100 Most Famous Athletes", you won't find a single baseball player in the top 100 from this year. Furthermore, the Lakers are the pinnacle of LA basketball, not the Clippers. So name some Clipper legends that have the same amount of stardom as Shaq, Magic, or Kobe. The Dodgers are in the same position as the Lakers, as the Angels are to the Clippers. Your comparison is just ridiculous, the Lakers are one of the most symbolic icons of American culture.
    Fine, Puig?

Puig and Trout do belong in the same tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Puig and Trout do belong in the same tier.

On what planet do they?

On what planet do they?
    Pretty sure he meant "do not."

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Pretty sure he meant "do not."
    Who suggested they were?

Let me rephrase.

Puig, Kobe, Magic, and Shaw DO belong on the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Who suggested they were?
    Dude, I'm not even arguing anything. All I did was simply clarify what I thought he was trying to convey.

It's Mike Trout's 1000th career game

Quote Originally Posted by YungTomat View Post

There are some very vocal talking heads who believe that MLB should market their stars like the NBA has done, which is probably what drew the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Dude, I'm not even arguing anything. All I did was simply clarify what I thought he was trying to convey.
    Movements die when the come to resemble what they came to replace.

The Sabr folk who came of age during the moneyball era resemble the old school twits they replaced in everway. You've all spent so much time in your bubble that you see the slightest deviation as a personal insult.

You don't read what I actually say, which is the case here, but what you want me to be saying to fit your narrative.

I didn't compare Puig and Trout. I compared other athletes from the LA market and how much publicity they got, which isn't a perfect point. It was similar in the other thread. Instead of dealing with what I'm saying, you revert to childhood.

In your own bubble, it's not a bad look. Outside it, you look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    There are some very vocal talking heads who believe that MLB should market their stars like the NBA has done, which is probably what drew the comparison.
    Thank you for reading what I wrote.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast