Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: MLB Draft

MLB Draft

For years I've been used to the Twins drafting sooooooo many college pitchers and toolsey athletic HS outfielders.....so I had the draft on tonight, had done some research on some pitchers I thought might be there for the Twins at 20. Tampa and KC snapped up a couple that had slid before the Twins pick, but there were still some prized pitching prospects sitting there.

What do the Twins do? Draft a college outfielder. Nothing against the guy, but if he develops as a 1st rder should, what are you doing with him? At least compared to some pitchers who could be ready for the bigs even next season.

KC got one of those pitchers, as I mentioned, before the Twins could. Then they had 3 compensation picks (don't understand how the league justifies a team getting 4 picks before most teams even get a 2nd, but)......they got the pitcher I wanted the Twins to pick and 2 more arms.........4 solid college arms added for the Royals...before the 44th pick
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I have some problem with this pick, too. He is a very good player, and could develop into a good major leaguer, but the Twins have a pretty solid outfield core already, and they are young enough to grow together. Rosario, Buxton and Kepler could be a very solid outfield for a good, long time. And, some of the top prospects are outfielders -- Kirilloff, Badoo, etal. I was hoping that Singer would fall to the Twins, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have some problem with this pick, too. He is a very good player, and could develop into a good major leaguer, but the Twins have a pretty solid outfield core already, and they are young enough to grow together. Rosario, Buxton and Kepler could be a very solid outfield for a good, long time. And, some of the top prospects are outfielders -- Kirilloff, Badoo, etal. I was hoping that Singer would fall to the Twins, but I guess not.
    Singer wasn't, but his teammate was right there for the taking.....but nope, the Royals got him, too, in the compensatory round

Here is the tracker for the signings: https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/twins
    The team has not signed their first pick, but his team is still playing in the College WS. He should be in camp in a week or so.

And now his team has won it....and he tied the record with 15 hits and still had fewer than a teammate

I look for the first pick to be in camp in a week. Slot is valued at $3,120,000. I think the team is under budget so they can probably offer him a bit more.
    Last edited by catman; 06-30-2018 at 11:48 AM.