Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Bowman says Stewart was seeking about 4.5 million, which is still under slot. Really confused why a deal wasnt reached
    do you think in some weird way this is what they wanted to do? you said earlier that you read next year was going to be loaded with bats.

Do you think they looked at the wrist injury and thought it was a win win situation? if he signed under half the slot they were going to get a good pick but, if he didn't sign they would still keep a top 10 pick

RIP Gene Wilder

Or the wrist was much worse than first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    do you think in some weird way this is what they wanted to do? you said earlier that you read next year was going to be loaded with bats.

Do you think they looked at the wrist injury and thought it was a win win situation? if he signed under half the slot they were going to get a good pick but, if he didn't sign they would still keep a top 10 pick
    Thatís possible but Iím not sure we can find a talent at 9 with a ceiling as high as Stewart. Regardless the Braves still come away with a really good draft class overall. Plus if we sign a FA like Kimbrel during the off season weíll still have a first round pick.

I read the wrist injury is worse than they thought, which makes me feel the predraft process is a bit flawed. Teams should be allowed to have access to medicals. I believe the braves were denied prior to the draft.

Also, Stewart was able to pitch and pitch effectively after the injury. It makes me wonder just how bad it could have been. Itís not like heís facing Tommy John. The fact he was reportedly willing to accept an under spot bonus makes me think there has to be more to this. Weíll probably never know either.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Thatís possible but Iím not sure we can find a talent at 9 with a ceiling as high as Stewart. Regardless the Braves still come away with a really good draft class overall. Plus if we sign a FA like Kimbrel during the off season weíll still have a first round pick.

I read the wrist injury is worse than they thought, which makes me feel the predraft process is a bit flawed. Teams should be allowed to have access to medicals. I believe the braves were denied prior to the draft.

Also, Stewart was able to pitch and pitch effectively after the injury. It makes me wonder just how bad it could have been. Itís not like heís facing Tommy John. The fact he was reportedly willing to accept an under spot bonus makes me think there has to be more to this. Weíll probably never know either.
    I really don't know how this works, this is the first time it's happened to the Braves under the new CBA, we get the 9th pick next year but we also get another first rounder for our spot in the standings right?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I really don't know how this works, this is the first time it's happened to the Braves under the new CBA, we get the 9th pick next year but we also get another first rounder for our spot in the standings right?
    Correct
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Correct
    Well, I love the draft so this at least give me a reason to watch next year draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12