Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    This issue shows the brilliance of how the conservative side can market well and control the narrative completely, and how weak the left side is.

The issue is social injustices against minorities.
    The story is now about the flag and anthem.

Completely distracted and off the course of the real issue. It's politically brilliant and they do it with every issue. Simplified, direct and no wishy-washy overly complex explanations.

What is the recreation value of xanax?

Can someone explain the fun aspect of taking xanax?

I'd just love to know what I'm missing.

And Re: all these numbers you're all throwing around…I also know hundreds of people and business acquaintances. I can't think of more than a half dozen that have a problem (and I avoid them whenever I can). The 40-60% seems absurd.

"1/8 of adults are alcoholics." Clarify. This seems ridiculously high.

Someone who has a few drinks a week…alcoholic or not?
    Someone who drinks at all…alcoholic or not?
    Someone who likes to drink and likes bars…alcoholic or not?
    Someone who has a few drinks at a business lunch…alcoholic or not?

The stats some of you are throwing around are pretty dreary.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This issue shows the brilliance of how the conservative side can market well and control the narrative completely, and how weak the left side is.

The issue is social injustices against minorities.
    The story is now about the flag and anthem.

Completely distracted and off the course of the real issue. It's politically brilliant and they do it with every issue. Simplified, direct and no wishy-washy overly complex explanations.
    I mentioned this and got no response so I'll try again.

Regardless of what the protest is for, the protestors are choosing to do their act at a time that most Americans cherish…the playing, singing, hearing of the national anthem.
    If these idiots were to carry signs outside the stadium or in front of a police station, no one woud care. They might even get more support.

Consider…you invite me to a family function at your home. As you introduce me to you wife, parents, grandparents, friends etc. they all extend their hands in friendship as is our custom. But I don't shake their hands for whatever reason.

Would they be insulted? Yes
    Would I ever be invited back? No
    Would I be the topic of conversation? Yes
    If everyone there was black, would I be considered a racist? Absolutely
    Would I always be remembered as that jerk that wouldn't shake hands. Yes

And all it was was refusing to shake hands.

There is a time and a place for everything. Protests at or around the flag or anthem is a poor choice.

Trump cancels eagles visit

To be clear it's a time when "most" fans are sitting at home on their couch etc. getting ready to watch the football game. A time when plenty in the stadium are walking around to their seat and getting food. An event where flag code is broken on a regular basis. No one cared about this stuff or even does now, it's just this one thing people overreacted to, why?

Your example is missing the part where this person who didn't shake hands explains its due to a medical condition. Then everyone ignored this point and continued to judge him in ridiculous fashion despite telling them why he hadn't shaken their hands

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    To be clear it's a time when "most" fans are sitting at home on their couch etc. getting ready to watch the football game. A time when plenty in the stadium are walking around to their seat and getting food. An event where flag code is broken on a regular basis. No one cared about this stuff or even does now, it's just this one thing people overreacted to, why?

Your example is missing the part where this person who didn't shake hands explains its due to a medical condition. Then everyone ignored this point and continued to judge him in ridiculous fashion despite telling them why he hadn't shaken their hands
    Oh come on now. Very stupid point.

I guess I also missed the part where the guy was missing a hand or had a hook. Maybe he was a midget in a room full of basketball players.

You knew exactly what I meant. Enjoy the annual Hairsplitter's Convention.

Trump cancels eagles visit

Haha you ignored the obvious fact that the reasoning behind the action was explained and people still ignored it. I simply pointed that out to help your off base analogy. If your problem is the medical part you can feel free to change his reasoning but the point was it's been openly explained.

Given the points you make on a regular basis I don't really care what you consider stupid or not. If you have any counters feel free to explain why it's stupid though.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-14-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): AUD is a chronic relapsing brain disease characterized by an impaired ability to stop or control alcohol use despite adverse social, occupational, or health consequences. AUD can range from mild to severe, and recovery is possible regardless of severity. The fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM–IV), published by the American Psychiatric Association, described two distinct disorders—alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence—with specific criteria for each. The fifth edition, DSM–5, integrates the two DSM–IV disorders, alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence, into a single disorder called alcohol use disorder, or AUD, with mild, moderate, and severe subclassifications.
    Prevalence of 12-Month Alcohol Use, High-Risk Drinking, and DSM-IV Alcohol Use Disorder in the United States, 2001-2002 to 2012-2013
    Results From the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2647079

Xanax info:

https://www.addictioncenter.com/benzodiazepines/xanax/
    https://drugabuse.com/library/xanax-...of-xanax-abuse

I had a better statistics link but I can't find it on my phone now, was on a computer before.

But really man, none of this matters because you don't care to know things, you just care to assume things.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 06-14-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Haha you ignored the obvious fact that the reasoning behind the action was explained and people still ignored it. I simply pointed that out to help your off base analogy. If your problem is the medical part you can feel free to change his reasoning but the point was it's been openly explained.

Given the points you make on a regular basis I don't really care what you consider stupid or not. If you have any counters feel free to explain why it's stupid though.
    Hoho…

Ok Let's try it this way………

Consider…you invite me to a family function at your home. As you introduce me to you wife, parents, grandparents, friends etc. they all extend their hands in friendship as is our custom. But I don't shake their hands for whatever reason. I just say to them that I do not believe in shaking hands. I explain that my hands are perfectly fine, I am not injures, I am not afraid of germs and my hands are wonderful. I just don't like to shake hands.

Now…

There is a time and a place for everything. Protests at or around the flag or anthem is a poor choice.

Can you handle that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I mentioned this and got no response so I'll try again.

Regardless of what the protest is for, the protestors are choosing to do their act at a time that most Americans cherish…the playing, singing, hearing of the national anthem.
    If these idiots were to carry signs outside the stadium or in front of a police station, no one woud care. They might even get more support.

Consider…you invite me to a family function at your home. As you introduce me to you wife, parents, grandparents, friends etc. they all extend their hands in friendship as is our custom. But I don't shake their hands for whatever reason.

If you’re staging a protest, the goal is to bring attention to yourself. And if the cause is to make the country better, then what better time to show your concern than during the pregame flag and anthem?

If they instead had a rally in the stadium parking lot, it doesn’t mean they disrespect parking lots. Stop distracting from their message with this symbolic assault nonsense.

It’s not about the flag. Rosa Parks didn’t protest buses and bus drivers. Tank man in Tienamen Square didn’t protest tanks and the army.

We can be adults here and maybe work on the real issue so people don’t have a reason to kneel during the anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the very fact that people are triggered by it shows that they chose the correct time to do it. People ignored them and now they don’t. But shifting the narrative (like you still are doing) to the flag and anthem and away from the cause is disrespectful to American citizens who are seeking justice.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If you’re staging a protest, the goal is to bring attention to yourself. And if the cause is to make the country better, then what better time to show your concern than during the pregame flag and anthem?

If they instead had a rally in the stadium parking lot, it doesn’t mean they disrespect parking lots. Stop distracting from their message with this symbolic assault nonsense.

It’s not about the flag. Rosa Parks didn’t protest buses and bus drivers. Tank man in Tienamen Square didn’t protest tanks and the army.

We can be adults here and maybe work on the real issue so people don’t have a reason to kneel during the anthem.

Time and place for everything.

I wouldn't wear a political protest button at a wedding.

I wouldn't hand out political flyers at a wake.

Time and place

Look at how stupid Robert Deniro looked at the Tony Awards

Time and place

Hoho…

Ok Let's try it this way………

Consider…you invite me to a family function at your home. As you introduce me to you wife, parents, grandparents, friends etc. they all extend their hands in friendship as is our custom. But I don't shake their hands for whatever reason. I just say to them that I do not believe in shaking hands. I explain that my hands are perfectly fine, I am not injures, I am not afraid of germs and my hands are wonderful. I just don't like to shake hands.

Now…

Can you handle that one?
    Have you ever encountered someone who didn't shake hands irl? I am honestly curious if they explained why (the person I know is an extreme germaphobe basically) and had anything like the reactions you are mentioning? I mean some obviously seemed to have thought it was a bit weird but I have never seen outrage in any sense like the backlash from CK. People have their own reasons for the actions they take and when explained like CK did and the person I know does it shouldn't just be ignored for people to come up with their own narrative.

I think it would take a very sensitive person to hear someone say they don't shake hands and then just jump to conclusions like you have done and take it personally. It might be different/weird/odd to them but most of the time if someone simply says they don't shake hands because of germs etc. it's more of a glance then "oh well" type thing if anything. None of this ridiculous outrage should/would happen outside of extremely sensitive people who take everything personally.

The thing is though if someone says "I am not shaking your hand because I don't shake hands due to my fear of germs" I don't anything like this backlash happens from rational people. They can see it is a break from the norm and some might even not like it, but to take it to crazy levels of hate like CK has gotten while ignoring the actual reason/message given? No way based on my own experiences and what I would hope is common sense from most people (who are we to judge what other people do/have gone through like that).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-14-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Have you ever encountered someone who didn't shake hands irl? I am honestly curious if they explained why (the person I know is an extreme germaphobe basically) and had anything like the reactions you are mentioning? I mean some obviously seemed to have thought it was a bit weird but I have never seen outrage in any sense like the backlash from CK. People have their own reasons for the actions they take and when explained like CK did and the person I know does it shouldn't just be ignored for people to come up with their own narrative.

I think it would take a very sensitive person to hear someone say they don't shake hands and then just jump to conclusions like you have done and take it personally. It might be different/weird/odd to them but most of the time if someone simply says they don't shake hands because of germs etc. it's more of a glance then "oh well" type thing if anything. None of this ridiculous outrage should/would happen outside of extremely sensitive people who take everything personally.

The thing is though if someone says "I am not shaking your hand because I don't shake hands due to my fear of germs" I don't anything like this backlash happens from rational people. They can see it is a break from the norm and some might even not like it, but to take it to crazy levels of hate like CK has gotten while ignoring the actual reason/message given? No way based on my own experiences and what I would hope is common sense from most people (who are we to judge what other people do/have gone through like that).
    I was using the shake hands analogy as an example of time and place.

Just forget about it.

And yes, I've met the germaphobes that won;t shake hands for whatever reason amd, guess what, people talk about that person as being a bit odd.

Time and place for everything.
    And the time and place to voice concerns with the country is not during a moment acknowledging the country?

It's working.

I wouldn't wear a political protest button at a wedding.

I wouldn't hand out political flyers at a wake.

Not even remotely the same thing.

Look at how stupid Robert Deniro looked at the Tony Awards

Time and place
    Got a lot of applause and praise for "looking stupid". He only looks stupid if you disagree with him. It's not like he's the first person to use an award ceremony to make a political statement. Come on...

I was using the shake hands analogy as an example of time and place.

Just forget about it.

And yes, I've met the germaphobes that won;t shake hands for whatever reason amd, guess what, people talk about that person as being a bit odd.
    Haha that's fine, people can have that opinion. I bet there wasn't crazy outrage like we see now though which is the point. It's not that everyone has to agree with CK message but the outrage in response has been ridiculous. Just like if people spazzed at someone for not shaking hands in the same way they would also be ridiculous.

Time and place for you might mean something different to someone else though, it's not 100% up to you to decide on these things for everyone. A handshake might mean something different. Kneeling during the anthem might mean something different. It is the decision to ignore what a person says their reason is and have outrage over whatever you implied their reason is that's the ridiculous part. In the same way it's been done to CK it applies to your analogy still, if people spazz out at someone for not shaking hands after explaining why I think they would also be in the wrong (not the person not shaking hands for his own reasons, the person trying to make up what his reasons were despite it not being true). Simple logic to follow

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast