Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Dunkapalooza

14 70.00%
  • Nonameland

4 20.00%
  • GMs vote here.

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs 1st Round (Team Dunkapolooza v Nonameland)

Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Team Dunkapalooza - Homecourt Advantage

PG: Mookie Blaylock 30 // James Harden 10 // Michael Ray Richardson 8
    SG: James Harden 26 // Vince Carter 19 // Michael Ray Richardson 3
    SF: Vince Carter 17 // Doug Christie 16 // Clifford 11 // Larry Johnson 4
    PF: Bobby Jones 29 // Larry Johnson 13 // Clifford Robinson 6
    C: Wilt Chamberlain 41 // Brad Miller 6 // Clifford Robinson 1

v

Nonameland

PG- Mark Price [32] / Rod Strickland [10] Dwyane Wade [6]
    SG- Dwyane Wade [32] / Byron Scott [16]
    SF- Glen Rice [30] / Latrell Sprewell [18]
    PF- Maurice Lucas [32] / Spencer Haywood [8] / Ralph Sampson [8]
    C- Patrick Ewing [38] / Ralph Sampson [10]

i like dunkapaloozas fire power more but ill give nonameland a chance

First Sim League Title!

watching Harden disappear .. again in the playoffs.... and we're supposed to believe Wade wouldn't go off on him? Ewing would be able to bang with Wilt as he's not a 6'10 C, Wilt loved to dominate in his day. I also love the chemistry on NoNameland, I can't see Harden playing ISO ball with Wilt lmao u/ he's playing the Capela role... sure you can say Wilt is the #1 option but then what? we're taking the ball out of Harden hand which makes him much less effective.

By your analysis g one must wonder how two great players ever played together lol. Maybe that's why you only have one when most teams here have two or three?

Key Match Ups.

It begins with Wilt vs Ewing. Wilt was a better scorer, with a variety of post moves including hooks, fadeaways, finger roles, and he was a physical dunker. In the post, as great a defender as Ewing was, will have his hands full. Here are Wiltís numbers against Nate Thurmond near Wiltís prime 65-67 (23.4 pts 25.27 reb 55fg%) and bill Russell career (29.9 pts 28.2 trb) the best defensive center of his time.

Wilt is bigger. 7í2Ē 275-300lbs. Here are videos where his unequaled strength is described (https://youtu.be/iwvdsi6gLl8) Reportedly benching 500 lbs. Triceps extensions of 170 lbs. Ewing will not be able to push Wilt around. The only person Ewing played near the size of Wilt was Shaq, who had way less stamina and was a less committed defender and rebounder than Wilt. In that match-up Ewing shot .44% from the field.

Using this size Wilt will be able to play stout defense and keep Ewing off the boards. Where Ewing was a subpar rebounder compared to the other great centers Wilt is arguably the best. Ewing has less than half the reb per game as Wilt Peak to peak (24.1 trb vs 11.5 trb). His front court combined does not average as many rebounds as Wilt. Against Bill Russell Wilt recorded 55 rebounds in a single game.

Wilt is a better athlete as well, as amazing as Ewing was, Wilt is quite simply the most athletic 7 footer of all time. Wilt beat HOF running back Jim Brown in a foot race. Heís rumored to have clocked a 4.7 40yrd dash. Wilt notoriously beat all his teammates including Al Attles in a race. Thatís a 170lb guard. (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...rlain_stories/)
    The video linked above demonstrates his triple jump, high jump, and sprinting speed up the court. Wilt will be quicker up and down the floor, stronger in the post, and heís a better rebounder.

On the other end of the court Wilt can guard Ewing anywhere. Wilt can close out and contest any shot with his length and leaping ability. Heís too strong to be backed down. And Wilt has the stamina and speed to blanket Ewing in transition defensively. Wilt will win that match up in all three phases of the game.

When it comes to rim protection Ewing is an all-time great, to match that Wilt was an awesome shot blocker too. Reportedly recording 26 in one game. He made two defensive first-teams Ewing never made one. Video of his defense. (https://youtu.be/uJGCySdvlPo) Look how clean those all are.

Where Ewing must defend from Vince Carter, Harden, Clifford Robinson, Larry Johnson, and Bobby Jones attacking the rim Wilt has less to worry about in wade and Sprewell. Because Wilt was so quick and long Wilt let shots go up only to block them out of mid-air. Often just catching them. This resulted in a few goaltending calls, but it also resulted in an extraordinarily low foul numbers (1.8 pf in peak). Compared to contemporaries like Russell (2.7 pf) or Thurmond (2.7 pf). Therefore, I believe in their efforts to protect the rim, Wilt is far less likely to be fouled out of the game. Plus, Wilt drew a lot of fouls himself (8.5 fta peak). Along with Harden (10.4 fta). Its more likely he loses his rim protection than I do.

In terms of legacy Wilt was the leader of a title team that beat arguably the greatest team of all time. A feat Ewing couldnít match. Where Ewing never made a defensive All NBA 1st team, Wilt accomplished that feat twice. And there wasn't even an all nba defensive team for most of his career lol. Ewing never finished higher than 4th in MVP voting, Wilt won 4 MVPs. Three in a row. Wilt finished outside the top four in MVP voting twice his entire career. The best Ewing could do in that regard was the worst Wilt ever did. He has two rings vs 0. Overall I expect Wilt to win on every front, athleticism, rebounding, and his defensive impact.

The second most important match up to me is Wade vs Harden. Harden is a better scorer, if slightly. (.610 TS%, 29.5 pts) Heís a better distributer, if slightly (9.1 ast, 43.5 ast%) and heís roughly an equal rebounder (9.9 trb%). Wade (.572 ts%, 27.5 pts, 5.4 trb, 8.6 trb%, 6.3 ast, 33.6 ast%) Numerically his best player and my second-best player are near equal. Wade is a better defender. but overall Hardenís numbers suggest a slight advantage on every front. (.243 ws/48, 9.1 bpm, 24.2 vorp) vs (.225 ws/48, 8.7 bpm, 23.3 vorp). So even if Wade can play better defense on Harden the numbers suggest theyíd end up being near equal. Wade has that championship and amazing playoff run but he didnít have to go through Golden State. I donít think Wade can win that match up consistently as much as Wilt will win against Ewing. Or to make up for the rest of the team.

Vince Carter is a vastly superior athlete to Glen Rice. Which means heíll beat him up and down the court and with blow byes in half-court. While not being an elite defender Carter can at least check Rice all over the floor better than Rice can guard Carter. (Carter: -.6 dbpm, 7.7 dws vs Rice: -2.1 dbpm, 4.3 dws)

Bobby Jones is too fast agile and quick for Maurice to keep up too. If Lucas wants to use his size Bobby Jones is a 9x all defensive first team player. He will not be able to get easy buckets consistently as easily as Bobby will be able to get easy buckets. Be it in transition or cutting or rolling off screens. We know Bobby can finish (.603 ts%) His front court will not be able to keep up with my front courtís athleticism. Rebounding wise, anything bobby gets is gravy since Wilt averaged more rebounds a game than Lucas and Ewing combined.

Overall Strategy.

Transition:

My team will be up and down the floor much faster. Mookie (2.6 stl) and Ray Richardson (2.9 stl) are master pick pockets which will create fast break opportunities for my athletes. Wiltís shot blocking and superior rebounding will create transition too. Bobby Jones (https://youtu.be/0NxCr-3L8J4), Larry Johnson, and Clifford Robinson (https://youtu.be/MfIb1jrH8mU) are too fast for Maurice to keep up with. Plus, Bobby Jones (1.4 blk) , Clifford (1.1 blk ), Wilt, and even Vince Carter (1 blk) can protect the rim from behind on the fast break. Going both ways, I will dominate the transition battle. This should force Spencer Haywood to play more minutes which I think is a less efficient version of my transition players and still wonít give him a chance to keep up.

Half Court:

Ideally, Iíd play at a very high pace to take advantage of Harden and Wiltís offense. But, if I am slowed down or want to slow him down, I believe I have a half court advantage as well. Since Wilt can do better against his bigs than the other way around, I believe I will be able to get more consistent buckets dropping it inside. As far as rim attackers I believe I have more elite options that can blow by and dunk in traffic. (https://youtu.be/-yYgcV0iOmw) (https://youtu.be/gT6bV7rSdC0) and (https://youtu.be/MR9O36teYG0). Therefore, I should be able to get more shots right at his rim even without fast breaks.

Spacing:

While he has great shooters through his roster to space the floor, so do I. Carter (40 3pt%, 4.4 3pa) Harden (.357 3pt%, 9.1 3pa), Mookie (.365 3pt% 7.5 3pa), Clifford (.367 3pt% 3.9 3pa), Christie (.372 3pt% 2.9 3pa). And even Larry Johnson (.353 3pa) and Brad Miller (.802 ft%) could shoot too. I will always have at least three 3-pt shooters on the floor. And I can have as many as five shooters on the floor utilizing multiple personnel with Clifford or Brad Miller at C. I will have equal if not better spacing to make use of Wilt, Harden, Carter, and my PF athleticism. As good a defensive player as Lucas or Sampson was they were not equipped to guard shooters and slashers in space like I have.

Ball Movement:

I think having Wilt in the post gives me an extra passer besides my guards. This third option, like a poor manís Draymond, makes my half-court offense that much more dynamic than his starting unit. Wiltís outlet passing off rebounds will lead to quicker fast breaks. I also like my chances to rebound better up and down my roster. But if I start to get pushed around I have Larry Johnson who can bang with the best of them. I can speed the game up with Clifford and Ray Richardson or play nasty if it slows down with Larry Johnson. Who is still a good enough athlete that I can always play fast no matter how big I go.

Defense:

Wade can get his 30 and I donít think it will matter unless he can get his shooters involved or get Ewing going. Since I can limit his post-game with Wilt, Wade and his pgís will have to control most of the offense. Price and Strickland will have all nba 1st team defense Mookie or Ray Richardson on them ideally the entire game, so they donít scare me. Which limits Riceís ability to get involved even if he gets away from Carter, All D Christie, or All D Clifford. If he forces me to switch, Bobby Jones and Wilt will both be better against guards than Lucas or Ewing. I think I have a good chance of disrupting everything around Wade. Who I donít think can beat me by himself, given my offensive firepower.

If I must, Harden can also hide against spot up shooters like Price or Rice if I need Doug Christie, Ray Richardson, Cliffordís length, or Mookieís quickness to slow Wade down. Harden is at least big enough to continue to disrupt his smaller guards while my plethora of elite defenders make things harder on Wade. If I must.

On his entire team Maurice Lucas is the only player to make 1st team All defense and he only did it once. Thatís 1 1st all D team vs 14. My defense will be much better than his.

Most of all Wade being forced to guard Harden almost the entire game means he must expel a lot of energy on defense, combined with the load he must carry on offense, I think I can take advantage of Wadeís durability issues. (Never played 82 games. 70 games only 6 times in his career). If Wade doesnít focus on D he really wonít be able to keep up with my offense. The rest of his perimeter players are very bad defenders. So that leaves just Sprewell to realistically guard Harden outside Wade. And nobody to check Carter. So no matter what Wade will have to guard a very dangerous offensive player while carrying a huge load offensively. That puts a lot of pressure on his best player that none of my top three will face.

Overall I will always have at least three All Defensive 1st team players on the court. One at every level. Since he has only a couple elite shot creators Iíll always have a defender for them. I have the defenders to focus on wade. Or focus on everyone else. I can even put an all-nba 1st team guy at all five positions at a time. I even have solid rim protection. I think his offense will have a difficult time keeping up with my offense, getting easy buckets in transition, or maintaining any kind of rhythm.

Summation

I believe Iím better in transition. Better in the half court. Better in the post. Iíll have better ball movement with my three starting passers vs his two. Three guys who can create their own shot at an elite level vs two. More elite rim attackers. Equal or better spacing. I have more elite defenders. I can be more dynamic with my defensive strategy and more dynamic with my offensive approach. Inside-out or outside-in. Slow or fast. And I believe I will end up with more possessions thanks to my pick pockets and rebounders. By the end of the game, because of wiltís stamina and wadeís durability issues, considering the load each will have to carry, I think I can outlast him too.

I donít see where he has a clear advantage he can consistently rely on.
    Last edited by Dunkapolooza; 06-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.

nice write up, I do believe your offense is better. But I do have one question

With Carter and Harden as your primary wings, how are you going to be able to defend any wing that is a playmaker/star?

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkapolooza View Post
    By your analysis g one must wonder how two great players ever played together lol. Maybe that's why you only have one when most teams here have two or three?
    https://youtu.be/4PuX5V9B7jE

Pau was extremely valuable to Back2Back Champion Lakers. Heís the perfect 2punch on MJís Alpha

I REALLY hope G and Dunka face off at some point lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I REALLY hope G and Dunka face off at some point lol
    LMAo been debating for weeks now.

G1 Pau is a really good player. He is not a great player in this league. He is not, never was, nor ever could have been a serious MVP candidate. Many of these teams, like mine, have two players who in their peak always finished in the top five MVP voting.

Rivera -

With Harden and Carter I will rely on being over all more effective. Carter can guard any of his wings (except wade) better than that player can guard him. Is Sprewell going to win a match up against Carter or Harden? is Rice going to be able to guard Carter at all?

I can bring in one of my elite defenders into my starting line up and move mookie to my bench without giving up three point shooting if I need to need to crack down on elite wings. Carter/wilt can take over as my secondary ball handler if Clifford comes in. Or Richardson can handle the ball who is big enough to check wings if he starts.

Other than that I have Richardson, Christie, and Clifford Robinson coming off my bench who are all elite defenders. They are in fact more decorated than any defender he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkapolooza View Post
    G1 Pau is a really good player. He is not a great player in this league. He is not, never was, nor ever could have been a serious MVP candidate. Many of these teams, like mine, have two players who in their peak always finished in the top five MVP voting.

Rivera -

With Harden and Carter I will rely on being over all more effective. Carter can guard any of his wings (except wade) better than that player can guard him. Is Sprewell going to win a match up against Carter or Harden? is Rice going to be able to guard Carter at all?

I can bring in one of my elite defenders into my starting line up and move mookie to my bench without giving up three point shooting if I need to need to crack down on elite wings. Carter/wilt can take over as my secondary ball handler if Clifford comes in. Or Richardson can handle the ball who is big enough to check wings if he starts.

Other than that I have Richardson, Christie, and Clifford Robinson coming off my bench who are all elite defenders. They are in fact more decorated than any defender he has.
    I like your odds in this matchup. in the future matchups, I think this is going to be your biggest problem. Your overall defense. Wilt gets in foul trouble, you have 0 rim protection out side of that. Christie is a solid defender but barely is playing, same for Richardson. Carter isnt a defensive stopper in any strech and we all know Hardens reputation.

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Team Dunkapalooza - Homecourt Advantage

PG: Mookie Blaylock 30 // James Harden 10 // Michael Ray Richardson 8
    SG: James Harden 26 // Vince Carter 19 // Michael Ray Richardson 3
    SF: Vince Carter 17 // Doug Christie 16 // Clifford 11 // Larry Johnson 4
    PF: Bobby Jones 29 // Larry Johnson 13 // Clifford Robinson 6
    C: Wilt Chamberlain 41 // Brad Miller 6 // Clifford Robinson 1

v

Nonameland

PG- Mark Price [32] / Rod Strickland [10] Dwyane Wade [6]
    SG- Dwyane Wade [32] / Byron Scott [16]
    SF- Glen Rice [30] / Latrell Sprewell [18]
    PF- Maurice Lucas [32] / Spencer Haywood [8] / Ralph Sampson [8]
    C- Patrick Ewing [38] / Ralph Sampson [10]
    Gimme no name in 6

I think Christie's skills set makes him an ideal role player in this. So he can play 18-22 minutes. Richardson can play nearly that many too. So I can give 30-40 minutes of elite defense on any perimeter player. add in Clifford and I can cover 1-5 with 40 minutes all NBA defense.

Wilt never fouled out of a game. Literally. He was ejected from a couple but he never actually fouled out. In his peak he averaged just 1.8 fouls a game. I don't think he gets enough credit for being as smart about that as he was so i'd trust him if he got in a little foul trouble.

So it's possible he fouls out but it is extremely unlikely.

If he does Carter, Clifford, bobby Jones and Brad miller were not afraid to contest shots. Not elite rim protection yeah but it will only have to stand up for a couple minutes most likely.

I hate Wilt and Harden and I love Wade but I am still leaning Dunka just bc their system is so obvious and VC-Bobby-LJ all fit perfectly with Harden.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast