Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saskatchatoon Snozzberries

11 52.38%
  • Team PSK/MBT

7 33.33%
  • GMs vote here.

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs 1st Round (Saskatchatoon Snozzberries v Team PSK/MBT)

Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Saskatchatoon Snozzberries - Homecourt Advantage

PG: Chauncey Billups
    SG: Sam Jones
    SF: Larry Bird
    PF: Shawn Kemp
    C: Dikembe Mutombo

Bench:
    PG Dave Bing
    SG DeMar Derozan
    SF Lamar Odom
    PF Elvin Hayes
    C DeAndre Jordan

v

Team PSK/MBT

PG: Walt Frazier (36) / Gilbert Arenas (12)
    SG: Mitch Richmond (32) / "Thunder" Dan Majerle (16) / Don Buse
    SF: Paul Pierce (36) / Dan Majerle (8) / Toni Kukoc (4)
    PF: Kevin Garnett (40) / Toni Kukoc (8)
    C: Vlade Divac (32) / Nikola Jokic (16)
    Last edited by valade16; 06-04-2018 at 11:55 AM.

This is the toughest match up out there. Want to see what the GMs say, though I'm leaning towards one of them.

yea this is the toughest matchup im interested to read the writeups

First Sim League Title!

great series this would be!

PSK and MBT just have a team that's better constructed.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    PSK and MBT just have a team that's better constructed.
    How exactly?

Ugh... 8:15 on a Monday morning is kind of a rough time to be expected to come up with a writeup.

I'll try to come up with some kind of a quick writeup this evening when I get home from work...

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

PSK/MBT got a good matchup. Divac isn't going to be exposed in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    PSK/MBT got a good matchup. Divac isn't going to be exposed in this matchup.
    Dikembe Mutombo is a 4x DPOY.Bird a 3x Champion 3x MVP, Sam Jones who helped beat the Jerry West/Bayor/Wilt Lakers MULTIPLE X and a legit PG in Billups... IDK where, AI is but he has a good argument/case to make here

MBT has a great team too and I am really curious to see which team, Boston fans like better.

Some quick points here...

1. As Raps said, this matchup is perfect for us as the Snozzberries don't have any real offensive weapons at center capable of exploiting Divac (who was a solid defensive center in his own right).

2. Also, it's going to be hard for the Snozzberries to really take advantage of Mutombo's interior presence defensively as every single big on our team is capable of shooting jumpers out to 18 feet. We're going to play KG, Divac and Jokic in a lot of sets 18-20 feet from the basket to pull Mutombo and Jordan from the rim and give our penetrators more room to work inside. Having quality shooting big men with elite passing skills—KG (5-6 AST per game), Divac (3-4 AST per game) and Jokic (5-6 AST per game)—will space the floor and gives us a ton of flexibility offensively. The high pick and roll is a weapon we plan to use a lot in this series with pretty much every big man on the roster, and I don't see how the Snozzberries plan to counter that.

3. I think the Snozzberries' perimeter defense is going to get exposed in this one. Having the slow-footed Bird on Pierce and a guard who peaked in the early 60s in Jones on an elite scorer and shooter like Richmond is a recipe for disaster. And they didn't really address this with their bench guys as DeRozan is probably their best perimeter defender off the bench. I'm not remotely worried about Dave Bing trying to keep up with Arenas or Frazier or a 6'10" Odom (who would be better suited at the 4) guarding much quicker, more athletic wings like Majerle and Pierce.

4. Offensively, I think the Snozzberries are outmatched in this series. We have excellent passers and shooters across the board as well as guys who can score in bunches. Our starting five features four guys who consistently averaged an efficient 20+ points a game with a TS% over 54% and all five averaged 4+ AST per game at their peak. Outside of Bird, who is their No. 2 scorer? Kemp and Billups were 17-19 PPG guys, Jones topped 22-23 a night (albeit in the 60s) and Deke is a total liability on that end.

5. The Snozzberries' will really struggle if we opt to play uptempo with KG at the 5 in certain rotations. We can run out lineups with KG at center, Kukoc at the 4 with any number of athletic wings and guards at the 1-3. What lineup do they have to matchup with that? Our lineup flexibility is a huge plus with multiple guys who can play 2-3 positions.

6. Hack-a-Jordan. I hope Mutombo likes playing 40+ minutes every game, because if Jordan is on the floor, there's a strong possibility we're using that strategy, especially once they get into any kind of offensive rhythm.

People who voted for AI, care to justify your vote? I'd love to have some debate...

Where you at AI? Hard to not vote for MBT when he’s the only one making an argument for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Dikembe Mutombo is a 4x DPOY.Bird a 3x Champion 3x MVP, Sam Jones who helped beat the Jerry West/Bayor/Wilt Lakers MULTIPLE X and a legit PG in Billups... IDK where, AI is but he has a good argument/case to make here

MBT has a great team too and I am really curious to see which team, Boston fans like better.
    I think PG-SF is favoured for AI but was just pointing out that Vlade is the obvious weak point and they can't really exploit it. If AI had a more competent offensive C, even if KG is guarding them, I would probably have picked AI rather easily.

I legitimately can't decide who to vote on.

In my ballot I had AI 4th and PSK/MBT 5th.... ughhhh. basically we're right back at the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    I legitimately can't decide who to vote on.

In my ballot I had AI 4th and PSK/MBT 5th.... ughhhh. basically we're right back at the same situation.
    its pretty easy for me if AI can't even get on to defend his team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast