Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should incest be illegal?

I saw a Facebook post from a big page about cousins getting married/engaged and a lot of the comments were condemning them. Hear me out. If the two participating parties are consenting adults, does it really matter?

I mean, brothers and sisters having kids will likely lead to birth defects but cousins arenít as likely to have children with birth defects as people assume.

So my question is, is it okay for people to be in these relationships? Is it okay so long as they donít reproduce? Does it matter if they reproduce? Do you even care? Is it any worse than hypothetically two dwarves having a child who is guaranteed to be a dwarf themself therefore likely shortening their childís lifespan?

I dunno. Personally, I donít give a **** what you do behind closed doors so long as itís two consenting adults. Marrying your cousin has been a cultural thing in efforts to keep businesses in the family, keep families together, etc but is still frowned upon in modern society.

If a cousin relationship chooses to have kids and the kids are healthy, is it wrong? If they choose to adopt, are they any different from gay couples or couples who canít naturally reproduce?

***Iím not advocating for or against anything, Iím just asking a provocative question because Iím genuinely curious as to what people have to say on the matter.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Without thinking more into it, if they are two consenting adults, I have the belief that if it's not negatively effecting themselves or someone else, then I'm ok with it. It's not for me, but do your thing.

When it comes to having kids, that's where I have a problem. The child or children shouldn't be subjected to that. I don't know how much more likely it is for them to be born with problems, but that's a major issue for me.

I do know of two first cousins who got married and have children. I believe the children are all healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Without thinking more into it, if they are two consenting adults, I have the belief that if it's not negatively effecting themselves or someone else, then I'm ok with it. It's not for me, but do your thing.

When it comes to having kids, that's where I have a problem. The child or children shouldn't be subjected to that. I don't know how much more likely it is for them to be born with problems, but that's a major issue for me.

I do know of two first cousins who got married and have children. I believe the children are all healthy.
    I agree with pretty much all of this.

I agree that children shouldnít be subjected to that but thatís also why I brought up the dwarf example but at the same time, i understand that being a dwarf isnt a choice however, you choose to reproduce so the end game is still the same.

Iíve read that kids born to a traditional set of parents has like a 1% defect rate but cousins are like 2%, itís not a drastic difference if I recall correctly. The main this is however that if say you marry your cousin and both of your parents have diabetes, the kid is almost certain to develop diabetes. Aka it just amplified the risk for hereditary diseases.

I too know several people born to cousin relationships and theyíre mostly normal but you also get a few who are autistic or have health problems. Slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

I agree, I will say I stigmatize it, but I agree. Cousins I really don't have much of a problem, I still am of the belief that you shouldn't date family. But if I encountered someone who was married to their cousin I wouldn't have much of an internal reaction.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 05-31-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Isn't that how most of the southern states populated?

Well a son or daughter could marry a father close to death and get Social security benefits and pension or a daughter or son could marry their mother and get Social security benefits and pension so sure

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Well a son or daughter could marry a father close to death and get Social security benefits and pension or a daughter or son could marry their mother and get Social security benefits and pension so sure
    Why are you sharing your plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I've seen many adult educational films where the theme is incest.

It seems that father/daughter/mother and son/daughter/mother combos end with everyone having a big smile on their faces at the end.......

Check out Taboo (1984) and Taboo II (1982)......
    Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I've seen many adult educational films where the theme is incest.

It seems that father/daughter/mother and son/daughter/mother combos end with everyone having a big smile on their faces at the end.......

Check out Taboo (1984) and Taboo II (1982)......
    where is your sig from?

My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why are you sharing your plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kids, Mom died in 1987, dad died in 2001. Don't get to take advantage of the situation.

Should be legal. As long as we don't have to deal with the bullcrap about how everyone needs to be okay with it and stuff. Nothing I hate more than people wanting others to be okay with it.

If I said I don't like gays/blacks/jews/muslims/etc, I'd get battered and probably fired from my job, exiled by friends and family, etc even though you couldn't ever proved I discriminated against those communities. People can't seem to separate the 2.

If I said I don't like gays/blacks/jews/muslims/etc, I'd get battered and probably fired from my job, exiled by friends and family, etc even though you couldn't ever proved I discriminated against those communities. People can't seem to separate the 2.
    okay?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    okay?
    Tied to the last sentence in the first paragraph. It being legal isn't enough. Things becoming legal wasn't enough for the gays, and all the other demographics.

At some point, they're going to want you to be "okay" with it too.

Of course it shouldn't be legal. It has a dysgenic effect on people, which is not only bad for the offspring but it's bad for society at large unless you think the movie Idiocracy was something to aspire to. How is this even a question and moreover how do so many people in this thread seem to think it should be legal? PSD isn't sending their best anymore.

As long as they don't reproduce, I couldn't care less if two siblings want to get it on. You do you, fam!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast