Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team UTB

8 50.00%
  • Free Beer and the 5 O'Clock Clubhouse

7 43.75%
  • GMs vote here.

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs Play In (Team UTB vs Free Beer...)

Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Team UTB - Homecourt Advantage

PG: Jerry West - Earl Monroe
    SG: Joe Dumars - Eddie Jones - Tony Allen
    SF: James Worthy - Eddie Jones
    PF: Rasheed Wallace - James Worthy - AC Green
    C: Anthony Davis - Andrew Bynum

vs.

Free Beer and the 5 O'clock Clubhouse

PG: Magic Johnson 38 minutes / Giannis Antetokounmpo 6 minutes / Ben Simmons 4 minutes

SG: John Havlicek 30 minutes / Giannis Antetokounmpo 12 minutes / Craig Hodges 4 minutes / Ben Simmons 2 Minutes

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo 20 minutes / Connie Hawkins 18 minutes / John Havlicek 6 minutes / Ben Simmons 4 minutes

PF: Blake Griffin 30 minutes / Kristaps Porzingas 18 minutes

C: Bob Lanier 34 minutes / Kristaps Porzingas 6 minutes / Mark Eaton 8 minutes
    Last edited by valade16; 05-29-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Kinda wanna see a write up of the Magic team, I find the team fit to be a little odd

I always want to see write ups lol.

UTB's team would have better chemistry and I like that they have West and Dumars to throw at Magic defensively. They get my vote.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I don't think West or Dumars will have much effect on magic tbh. Too small.

where's the argument? what kind of style will you be playing? how are you guys planning on attacking each others teams? defense?

Giannis would take over quickly.

I want the opposing GM to address how he's going to counter, or attempt to neutralize Giannis now that he has an amazing supporting cast around him.

Free Beer clearly has a decisive advantage when you compare the matchups. Free Beer also is a more balanced team when looking at the balance of defensive and offensive players in both the front and back court.

Free Beer utilizes athletic ability and size to create unmistakable mismatches against nearly any opponent. Everyone on the roster can not only score but pass with shrewd effectiveness. The need for shooters along the perimeter is negated by the cutting and finishing ability of nearly every player.

UTB will suffer from lack of size and defense in the front court, as well as an inability to matchup with the size of Free Beer's backcourt. Free Beer balances defense with offense across the board. Havlicek can defend the hottest hand from 1 through 3, and Lanier, with Eaton off the bench, can hang with nearly any front court. Magic can more than handle Dumars defensively, Havlicek will check West, Giannis will cause all kinds of headaches for Worthy, Griffin can hang with Wallace, and Lanier will push Davis around.

Jerry West and Joe Dumars are effective defenders along the perimeter, but they can't keep Magic from posting them up. Bob Lanier, who notoriously gave guys like KAJ and Walton fits with his athleticism and ability to finish at the rim, will abuse AD. In fact, the physicallity advantage of Lanier over Davis, and the lack of a true center on UTB will allow Free beer to not only dominate in transition, but also in the half court. The only matchup that can be conceded to UTB is Wallace v. Griffin, but that is close to a push. Sheed's defense and shooting gives him the edge, but the only person that sheed can eliminate defensively is Griffin. Wallace will struggle against Porzingas, as he will be surrendering 6 inches to him.

Worthy stands no chance against Giannis, and there is no where to hide him. Havlicek is an elite midrange shooter, and can force the help to come out when coming off screens in the wings, and as an elite passer, he can hit the back door cutter with ease. Magic cannot be guarded by Dumars or West alone. If UTB attempts this, the result will be Magic scoring 30+ from the post.

When it comes to depth, Free Beer also has matchup advantage. Free Beer's bench is not designed for platoon swapping, but rather a staggered rotation. This, along with a bench of players with similar skill sets to their starting counterparts, gives Free Beer further mismatch advantages throughout the game.

Ben Simmons at 6'10" is a modern day version of Magic. Craig Hodges adds not only further championship DNA to the roster, but clutch 3pt shooting as well. Connie Hawkins is a hall of fame slashing forward. Kristaps Porzingas will not only add rim protection from both the 4 and 5, but he can help spread the floor some when needed to with his 3pt shooting. Mark Eaton is quite possibly the greatest shot blocker in post-merger NBA history.

Simmons poses the same matchup issues among UTB's backcourt as Magic does, and with Simmons and Antetokounmpo splitting minutes at PG, there will be no reprieve. Hodges won't play too many key minutes, and will be brought in at the end of quarters for shot opportunities when applicable. Hawkins will spell Giannis at the 3 when either Giannis is out or at the 1, with Hondo rotating through as well. Hawkins can create and run an offense when needed, or play in the fast break and cutting off screens as a weapon for Magic. Porzingas will rotate in at both 4 and 5, providing the opportunity for a devastating pick and roll or pick and pop with Magic or Giannis. There won't be much need for Eaton to play a lot of minutes in this matchup, aside from eating up fouls.

In the end, Free Beer's ability to create matchup nightmares for UTB, and then exploit the mismatches, will provide victory. Free Beer may appear weaker in the abstract, but when actually matched against an opponent, it's difficult to deny the impossibility of defending everyone. And everyone can score, pass, and create for others.
    Last edited by Capnwalnuts42; 05-31-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Love beer, especially Free Beer! waiting for UTB to comment, where you at UTB?

I think my backcourt will be able to play his backcourt close to a draw, which is a big time positive for my team. Having West, Dumars, Jones, and Allen to throw at his starting guards will minimize their effectiveness tremendously, as all four of them are excellent defenders.

As far as Giannis goes, I know brewerboy thinks heís already the next Michael Jordan, but he has a ton of growing to do and he doesnít scare me at all in this series. Magic will have the ball in his hands the most, and Giannis off ball is just not a scary player. Worthy has the frame and defensive skill to stop Giannis down low, and Giannis can shoot as many 3s as he wants, Iím not defending him out there.

Rasheed on Blake is a matchup nightmare for his team. Rasheed will bully Blake all over the floor, and with this matchup Iíll be sure to get Rasheed involved in the post more often to take advantage of Blakeís porous D.

This Lanier-AD conversation that CapnWalnuts started is a funny one, because heís way underestimating ADís impact on this series. Lanier and AD are essentially the same exact size, Iím not worried at all about Lanier offensively. Meanwhile, on the other side of the court Lanier will get absolutely abused, there is no chance that he will be able to defend ADís all around offensive game that uses all areas of the court.

Simply put, my front court is the difference maker in this series. When you combine that with the elite spacing that my team possesses (who is shooting 3ís for his team, Giannis? Lol) then you have quite a lopsided series in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I think my backcourt will be able to play his backcourt close to a draw, which is a big time positive for my team. Having West, Dumars, Jones, and Allen to throw at his starting guards will minimize their effectiveness tremendously, as all four of them are excellent defenders.

As far as Giannis goes, I know brewerboy thinks heís already the next Michael Jordan, but he has a ton of growing to do and he doesnít scare me at all in this series. Magic will have the ball in his hands the most, and Giannis off ball is just not a scary player. Worthy has the frame and defensive skill to stop Giannis down low, and Giannis can shoot as many 3s as he wants, Iím not defending him out there.

Rasheed on Blake is a matchup nightmare for his team. Rasheed will bully Blake all over the floor, and with this matchup Iíll be sure to get Rasheed involved in the post more often to take advantage of Blakeís porous D.

This Lanier-AD conversation that CapnWalnuts started is a funny one, because heís way underestimating ADís impact on this series. Lanier and AD are essentially the same exact size, Iím not worried at all about Lanier offensively. Meanwhile, on the other side of the court Lanier will get absolutely abused, there is no chance that he will be able to defend ADís all around offensive game that uses all areas of the court.

Simply put, my front court is the difference maker in this series. When you combine that with the elite spacing that my team possesses (who is shooting 3ís for his team, Giannis? Lol) then you have quite a lopsided series in my favor.
    Brewerboy is not my name! You calling me "brewerboy" is the equivalent of people calling Catelyn Jenner, Bruce. #showsomerespekt #immakingPSDGreatAgain

Your sig is horrible BrewerBoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Your sig is horrible BrewerBoy.
    Ima see if I can get a picture of Bruce and Catlyn Jenner in there if you keep calling me that. That way I can go by both names.

It can be described as nothing but dillusional to think AD plays with the same physicality as one of the great hall of fame centers from the 70s. But that also seem to be the same level of reasoning behind thinking West, Allen, and Dumars will have no problem stifling Magic, Giannis and Hondo, who have a combined 16 inch height advantage over them.

If Sheed does start to have success against Griffin, there is no plan to adjust for when Kristaps or Lanier is switched onto him. The mere suggestion that the front court advantage will win the game for UTB is not only asinine, but would further demonstrate the desperation of said team to attempt to find a matchup advantage against the Free Beer roster.
    Last edited by Capnwalnuts42; 05-31-2018 at 02:04 PM.

All UTB has to do is zone up and he wins
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast