Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Bainsy;32379752]
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Hmmm listen to bainsy, or the MLB draft experts??? Ill listen to the experts here[/QUO

Have the experts said anything negative about anyone drafted tonight or ever...I believe its a big fat "NO"....Go back and look up what the experts have said about Beckham,Fullmer Hawkins.....Im sure they were all correct about them too....LOL.
    Look at Bleacher Report Bainsy, yes they have said some negative things. I know you love research, do some.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I wanted Kelenic and so did the experts in the Mets War room. He went at number 6. Kelenic, the Wisconsin native and gamer and a great baseball talent was the perfect choice for the White Sox.

I really dislike this pick, not quite as much as Burgur or Collins or Fulmer, but almost as much.

At last the Sox didn't pick Singer and no other team in the top 10 did either.

Well Moncada might as well start getting some games under his belt at third, or maybe look to trade him and let might-mite play second.
    Sorry for the sarcasm, I'm just upset with this pick. Dadgummit it$%**^%&^!
    I think Tim Anderson is more likely to move, RF or CF. Collins is coming along nicely, Burger obviously is hurt, I'll spot you Fulmer.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Madrigal was my guy since last year. Great pick! You need pure hitters to go with some of those all or nothing hitters. He's as pure a hitter as there is in college. He has Altuve contact and steal potential with less power potential. We have power all over our system. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting hitters around these power guys that will get on base and make consistent contact. That's exactly what Madrigal is. If you don't like this pick, you don't know winning baseball.

[QUOTE=Muttman73;32379812]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post

Look at Bleacher Report Bainsy, yes they have said some negative things. I know you love research, do some.
    I was talking about the "experts" on MLB's draft show....But thanks for playing anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Madrigal was my guy since last year. Great pick! You need pure hitters to go with some of those all or nothing hitters. He's as pure a hitter as there is in college. He has Altuve contact and steal potential with less power potential. We have power all over our system. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting hitters around these power guys that will get on base and make consistent contact. That's exactly what Madrigal is. If you don't like this pick, you don't know winning baseball.
    Already got him in the HOF....Nice,,lol

There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion on a "OPINION" forum....If he proves me wrong I will be the first to say "I was wrong"...Its not difficult..

I hear the Sox say he can play SS....Ok,name me one player that played 2nd base in college and got moved to SS in the bigs? Its usually the other way around,most guys get moved off SS to 2nd or 3rd or the OF.

I am really surprised how far Singer has dropped...

[QUOTE=dabears34ft;32379839]Madrigal was my guy since last year. Great pick! You need pure hitters to go with some of those all or nothing hitters. He's as pure a hitter as there is in college. He has Altuve contact and steal potential with less power potential. We have power all over our system. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting hitters around these power guys that will get on base and make consistent contact. That's exactly what Madrigal is. If you don't like this pick, you don't know winning baseball.[/QUOTI

I am glad he was your guy....Your happy,cool....Lets hope you were right!

[QUOTE=Bainsy;32379878]
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Madrigal was my guy since last year. Great pick! You need pure hitters to go with some of those all or nothing hitters. He's as pure a hitter as there is in college. He has Altuve contact and steal potential with less power potential. We have power all over our system. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting hitters around these power guys that will get on base and make consistent contact. That's exactly what Madrigal is. If you don't like this pick, you don't know winning baseball.[/QUOTI

I am glad he was your guy....Your happy,cool....Lets hope you were right!
    I like him too. 5 strike-out in the strike-out era is impressive. I want balance in the lineup. We need some on base percentage type hitters. Id prefer that over the big poppers. Hitters with high averages and low strike-out gives pitchers fits. Rather have a guy hitting .330 with 10-15 HRs than 30HRs with a sub .250 average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed on mlb.com how Mize ( Tigers ) is #1 and Singer ( Royals ) is #2 ranked prospect . Hope they don't pan out as HOF pitchers lol

Watch the Cubs get Brice Turang, who many have rated as one of the top three HS players in the Draft.

Thank you, Turang just went off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Watch the Cubs get Brice Turang, who many have rated as one of the top three HS players in the Draft.

Thank you, Turang just went off the board.
    Milwaukee just picked...Great pick for them!

[QUOTE=fanatic;32379896]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post

I like him too. 5 strike-out in the strike-out era is impressive. I want balance in the lineup. We need some on base percentage type hitters. Id prefer that over the big poppers. Hitters with high averages and low strike-out gives pitchers fits. Rather have a guy hitting .330 with 10-15 HRs than 30HRs with a sub .250 average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I understand the need for power guys, like you said, balance is the key. No one wouldn't take Altuve over any other 2B in baseball even if he was still hitting 15 HR's. This guy has Altuve upside. Same with Pedroia. These are 2 MVP's that aren't going to get you 30+ HRs. Madrigal's hitting stats are right around what Pedroia did at ASU.

Lets not forget that Madrigal also has zero errors this year. I don't care where you play on the field, that is impressive.

Singer whom i wanted went 18th to the Royals!!! Drayton Moore who came out of the Atlanta scouting system has done a really good job in KC drafting and developing players. The second guy I wanted was Gorman and he goes to the Cardinals...Cardinals enough said,there track record for drafting is off the charts.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast