Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Bainsy;32379878]
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Madrigal was my guy since last year. Great pick! You need pure hitters to go with some of those all or nothing hitters. He's as pure a hitter as there is in college. He has Altuve contact and steal potential with less power potential. We have power all over our system. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting hitters around these power guys that will get on base and make consistent contact. That's exactly what Madrigal is. If you don't like this pick, you don't know winning baseball.[/QUOTI

I am glad he was your guy....Your happy,cool....Lets hope you were right!
    If one thing should translate, it's contact. He's been pretty darn good at that. I'm just sick of high K, **** contact .250 hitters in this era. That's not how you win. Those guys are rally killers.

551 AB's 35 K's!!! Insane Numbers there.

Wow....Cubs went under slot looks like with their pick and a college SS at that...I dont get that one at all...

[QUOTE=Bainsy;32379840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post

I was talking about the "experts" on MLB's draft show....But thanks for playing anyway..
    Hmmm..."go back and look up what the experts have said", I know - its hard man, but at least try and keep track of your silly statements.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I can't go back I'm still pondering your statements today..."Today is a big day"..Wow thats just so deep. Quick someone tell MLB to televise the draft,cause you know its a big day!!!

I like the 2nd pick, one of the better college bats! Think he has a chance to be really good.

Whte Sox took LF Steele Walker round 2. I don't know much about him, but I like that we are focusing on hitting depth. We are absolutely stacked at SPing. Kopech, Cease, Rodon, Lopez, Hansen, Giolito, Dunning, Fulmer, Battenfield, Flores, Stephens.

We have plenty of depth and trade bait at SP. We have plenty of depth and trade bait in the OF now. By 2020 when a lot of these guys are pushing for a MLB roster spot, and we are ready to start competing, we will be able to group some of these guys together in trades and get complete building our contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I can't go back I'm still pondering your statements today..."Today is a big day"..Wow thats just so deep. Quick someone tell MLB to televise the draft,cause you know its a big day!!!
    I will when they get done talking about how great the White Sox draft picks have been the past ten years. It gets old and I'm sure everyone else tires of the back and forth, so I'll leave it here.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 06-05-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

GP, we've been over this a few times, but tell me again why you are so down on Zack Collins?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    GP, we've been over this a few times, but tell me again why you are so down on Zack Collins?
    Right Todd is kind of tearing it up. Hed be hitting .300+ if not for that 2-37 start

.282/8/30 as we speak this season, his second full season in the minors.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL

Don't they need to bring up a catcher? I'm wondering if they are thinking about him?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I love the Madrigal pick. Even if he never reaches all star level, the Sox desperately need someone at the top of their order that has a high contact/low strikeout rate. That's exactly where Madrigal excels. The other position player i might have considered was Alec Bohm, but once he was off the board i think Madrigal's hitting tools were way too enticing to pass up.

In hindsight, Madrigal was the right pick. I thought Singer, but obviously those in the know - knew better.
    Probably puts an end to the Manny Machado dream. Does anyone have any insight as to whom they are looking at today? round 3 kicks off in about an hour.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Lets say we got Machado and he insists on SS. Madrigal is said to be a potential Gold Glove 2B. Zero Errors this season.

Now lets say Moncada doesn't want to play 3B, would you trade Yoan Moncada for a 3B? Also what value does Moncada hold right now?

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lets say we got Machado and he insists on SS. Madrigal is said to be a potential Gold Glove 2B. Zero Errors this season.

Now lets say Moncada doesn't want to play 3B, would you trade Yoan Moncada for a 3B? Also what value does Moncada hold right now?
    I like your thinking here...but too many ifs. Too hard to predict all of this. This scenario is two years away from possibly happening. If moncada pans out to be a superstar by that time, then you can look to trade Madrigal. If moncada ends up a .240 hitter by that time and not willing to move positions, then yes, you can look to trade him if there is a deal that makes your team better.

Again, all of this is surrounded by too many questions.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast