Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 185
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,965
    I wouldn't mind bringing Marco Belinelli back. He's plays good defense and still a deadly 3 point shooter. Joe Harris is another guy I like coming off the bench and both could be relatively cheap. Garrett Temple, Davis Bertans and Michael Carter-Williams would be nice players to have off the bench as well.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I wouldn't mind bringing Marco Belinelli back. He's plays good defense and still a deadly 3 point shooter. Joe Harris is another guy I like coming off the bench and both could be relatively cheap. Garrett Temple, Davis Bertans and Michael Carter-Williams would be nice players to have off the bench as well.
    Belinelli signed with the Spurs. Joe Harris signed with the Nets.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    The list is shrinking, but the teams able to pay more is too.

    O'Quinn is at the top of the list to me still, but not terribly likely for vet minimum and I don't know that the team would consider him worth the MLE.

    As long as Bradley and Evans are out there I hope the Warriors are talking to them.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,441
    Noel apparently agreed to terms with OKC. With OKC having 3 max players under contract, im not sure how much they could have offered.... but I dont think this is an issue with the warriors being outbid- it looks like meyers was just outworked. a first round exit team could convince him to go there as a bench warmer rather than start on a finals team..... come on now.

    warriors need to get a decent center, and howard is the only one who has any all star appearences.

    I looked at Brook Lopez's rebounding numbers last yr. he is 7 feet tall 270 lbs and he averaged 4 boards a night- thats beyond lacking effort..... that looks like he was actively working to avoid rebounds

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Noel apparently agreed to terms with OKC. With OKC having 3 max players under contract, im not sure how much they could have offered.... but I dont think this is an issue with the warriors being outbid- it looks like meyers was just outworked. a first round exit team could convince him to go there as a bench warmer rather than start on a finals team..... come on now.

    warriors need to get a decent center, and howard is the only one who has any all star appearences.

    I looked at Brook Lopez's rebounding numbers last yr. he is 7 feet tall 270 lbs and he averaged 4 boards a night- thats beyond lacking effort..... that looks like he was actively working to avoid rebounds
    It's the veteran minimum. I don't know how you can assume "meyers (sic) was outworked" ... we don't know if he had any interest in Noel at all. Philly fans said Noel's a mental midget so maybe the Warriors had no interest. I had interest but oh well.

    Some of the chatter is that maybe Noel will be starting at 4 for the Thunder and the Warriors can't offer big minutes and Noel, according to some Sixers fans, REALLY cares about playing time.

    Lopez has issues no doubt ... he's always been just an okay or worse rebounder, and he just got worse when moving outside so much. His per36 numbers look better but still bad. Lopez would just be a big body who can shoot and pass and try to stand in the way some. I'd rather have his brother.

    Warriors beat reporters said the Warriors discussed Howard and decided they were not interested. We'll see if that stays true.

    O'Quinn, and if they get desperate Len, Plumlee, Mejri.

    West, Zaza, and Looney are still possibilities

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,352
    Why does it feel like players are spurning the Warriors? No significant chatter of guys wanting to be here other than the D Howard article

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Why does it feel like players are spurning the Warriors? No significant chatter of guys wanting to be here other than the D Howard article
    Tyreke Evans, although its more of just a meeting.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Why does it feel like players are spurning the Warriors? No significant chatter of guys wanting to be here other than the D Howard article
    There wasn't much chatter last year this early either. I've heard a bunch of talk about O'Quinn and Bradley, and a little on Tyreke. I think there was a little more too. But the reality is that the Warriors have to wait because what they have to offer is far less in minutes and opportunity not just money. What the Warriors have to offer is exposure (which can be good and bad) and a chance at a ring.

    The only position I'm at all "concerned" about is center, and frankly if the Warriors went into the season with Bell, Jones, and Looney I don't know that I'd have much of an issue with that.

    On the wings, the Warriors are currently 5 deep on the bench with Iguodala, Livingston, Evans, Cook, and likely McCaw. It would be nice to get help capable of eating significant minutes, it's no kind of emergency yet.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,441
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Why does it feel like players are spurning the Warriors? No significant chatter of guys wanting to be here other than the D Howard article
    LMAo and the one guy who wants to come here.... it appears they dont want him, yet they arent going out and trying to recruit guys either at the rate youd hope from a first class organization

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right Next Door
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LMAo and the one guy who wants to come here.... it appears they dont want him, yet they arent going out and trying to recruit guys either at the rate youd hope from a first class organization
    Do you really need to question the organization after winning 3 out of the last 4 titles?
    Meyers did say that they would sit back and observe the early part of Free Agency.
    I am not expecting much movement from us.. We are strapped. Plus, next season will be more of a frenzy anyway.

    I can see it clearer now
    I see these fake people shaking like Shakira now
    we are on them like a terriost now.
    You see that SF on the new air apparel
    people use to laugh at it, its time to fear it now...

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Happy now?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Holy ****. Nobody saw this coming. Can they still get reke

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Holy ****. Nobody saw this coming. Can they still get reke

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    wait is he even expected back from his injury? Also a lot of what you dont like about dwight howard- cousins has some of those immature qualities. doesnt seem like a character fit with the dubs......

    having said that, I heard the midlevel exception might cost the warriors 22 million with tax consequences.... theres a chance the warriors somehow found a way to get a good deal (Which sounds friggin ridiculous but seems accurate- again theres a chance)

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    15,607
    This is amazing! **** the rest of the NBA. WHen I heard this on the car on my drive home I literally lost it because not in a million years did I see this coming.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    wait is he even expected back from his injury? Also a lot of what you dont like about dwight howard- cousins has some of those immature qualities. doesnt seem like a character fit with the dubs......

    having said that, I heard the midlevel exception might cost the warriors 22 million with tax consequences.... theres a chance the warriors somehow found a way to get a good deal (Which sounds friggin ridiculous but seems accurate- again theres a chance)
    Yeah, I've said elsewhere I don't like Cousins, but his problems are WAY different than Howard's. Cousins is an elite passer, rebounder, scorer. The issues are mental, but more about control than anything else, and last year he really pulled it together.

    Now I just want them to so impress him he decides to re-up after this year. Sorry Joe, I want you to spend EVEN MORE money going into the future. If for not other reason that to prove you are light years ahead.

    Cousins is going to miss a big chunk to start the year. They still need to add a big. Looney?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •