Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 185
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501

    2019 Draft and Free agency

    The Warriors have their first round pick this year, but sent their 2nd to Denver.

    I think the need area for next year is in wings. It would be nice to get one of the group of Wesley Mathews, DeMarre Carrol, or Wilson Chandler ... they MAY be willing to take the mid-level to come in.

    If Looney and McCaw come back they could both have large roles.

    We can assume center is going to be an issue next year. Zaza, West, and McGee are probably all gone next year. It's a shame Jones didn't get any regular PT this year because Jones, Looney, and Bell doesn't look like a great center rotation just yet. That mid-level exception may need to be spent at C for someone like Robin Lopez (who would be great for the Warriors when they need a physical big).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    Aaron Holiday would be an interesting pick. Draft him, sign his brothers Also Bruce Brown Jr, Gary Trent Jr, Chandler Hutchison, Grayson Allen, Jacob Evans III (2 Juniors and a Third, hmm) ... pretty likely one or two of this list will be there when the Warriors pick.

    If they want size Moritz Wagner, Mitchell Robinson (not likey, but interesting), but in a draft with great size there isn't much after the top of the 1st round. There are several 2nd round prospects that may be worth buying a pick for though.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-28-2018 at 12:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    Chimezie Metu would be an interesting guy to buy a pick for as an example.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    I would love it if Shake Milton slid to the Warriors ... but I just don't see any way he does or any way they can trade up for him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    With another championship time to improve, not sure who comes back, if I was to say one guy is likelier than another besides KD. Iíd say itís McGee. McCaw might get a bigger offer than expected and we may not be willing to match and Looney not being a RFA almost rules him out automatically IMO.

    Free agents I would look at Mike Scott, Ed Davis, Marco Belinelli, Jerami Grant (he and Durant donít get along it seems so unlikely), Thad Young, Cory Joseph, Ariza, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Baynes and Dedmon.

    There are a few others I like but pretty unlikely that they take the little we can offer.

    Also hopefully DJ can make a jump next year like Looney did this year.

    Would be nice to get Chandler or Ariza and Davis or Dedmon. 3 and D and a big man. Another ball handler that can be a threat from beyond the arc would be great too.

    Can always hope and wish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    With another championship time to improve, not sure who comes back, if I was to say one guy is likelier than another besides KD. Iíd say itís McGee. McCaw might get a bigger offer than expected and we may not be willing to match and Looney not being a RFA almost rules him out automatically IMO.

    Free agents I would look at Mike Scott, Ed Davis, Marco Belinelli, Jerami Grant (he and Durant donít get along it seems so unlikely), Thad Young, Cory Joseph, Ariza, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Baynes and Dedmon.

    There are a few others I like but pretty unlikely that they take the little we can offer.

    Also hopefully DJ can make a jump next year like Looney did this year.

    Would be nice to get Chandler or Ariza and Davis or Dedmon. 3 and D and a big man. Another ball handler that can be a threat from beyond the arc would be great too.

    Can always hope and wish.

    I would love one of Ariza or bellinelli to take Nick Young's place

    i would also love to have Aron Baynes as our starting center next year. would come cheap and can actually be a threat from 3. I think Javale comes back on the cheap again, he loves it here and will not be as successfull anywhere else IMO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    With another championship time to improve, not sure who comes back, if I was to say one guy is likelier than another besides KD. Iíd say itís McGee. McCaw might get a bigger offer than expected and we may not be willing to match and Looney not being a RFA almost rules him out automatically IMO.

    Free agents I would look at Mike Scott, Ed Davis, Marco Belinelli, Jerami Grant (he and Durant donít get along it seems so unlikely), Thad Young, Cory Joseph, Ariza, Wilson Chandler, Aaron Baynes and Dedmon.

    There are a few others I like but pretty unlikely that they take the little we can offer.

    Also hopefully DJ can make a jump next year like Looney did this year.

    Would be nice to get Chandler or Ariza and Davis or Dedmon. 3 and D and a big man. Another ball handler that can be a threat from beyond the arc would be great too.

    Can always hope and wish.
    McCaw is just down to if the Warriors want to match what he's offered. Looney can certainly come back and both sides said they wanted it.

    Ed Davis would be interesting, I'd be fine with him replacing McGee. The Warriors with Bell, Jones, and a veteran for the bigs would be good enough probably.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    348
    can avery bradley take a one year cut and sign for the MLE?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    Quote Originally Posted by GWarrior View Post
    can avery bradley take a one year cut and sign for the MLE?
    Yes, but he would need to be under contract for more than 1 year for the Warriors to have any rights to him

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,351

    Seth Curry?

    Seth's unrestricted this year. And he's coming off a season long leg injury. It's wasnt a full a break (stress fracture) or his knee so he should be alright this year.

    Perhaps the Dubs can get him for cheap.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,351
    They should also consider Jeremy Lin if he wants to come home and compete for a championship and take a massively overdue pay cut.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    I doubt either are interested in playing for the minimum and I don't want to offer them more.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I doubt either are interested in playing for the minimum and I don't want to offer them more.
    Naw they're both in that 5-10 range. Whats fair is fair Scoots.

    Seth and Lin are upgrades at the guard position off the bench. I like Livingston a lot, Im just not too sure he as much left. We'll see

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,501
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Naw they're both in that 5-10 range. Whats fair is fair Scoots.

    Seth and Lin are upgrades at the guard position off the bench. I like Livingston a lot, Im just not too sure he as much left. We'll see
    You want to pay them 5-10 a year but the Warriors can't offer that. They are capped out and the only thing they have to pay over the vet minimum is the tax payer mid-level which can be split between multiple players and totals around $5m. They need to spend that little bump on better players than those two who are looking to win and don't care so much about money.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,965
    The Warriors will only have their mid-level exception and if Kevin Durant does opt out to sign an extension, during that time, they'll be under the luxury tax so the MLE would be worth around $8M. This team should attract those journeymen veterans looking to win a ring and I think they'll take huge discounts for that to happen.

    Maybe guys like Brook Lopez, Amir Johnson, Wayne Ellington to replace Nick Young or Marco Belinelli.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •