Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 580
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Were you the same guy who once asked: "Who Here Wishes We Had Ben Simmons instead of Lonzo Ball?"
    He's got a point there Lavar.

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    actually it does... thats the problem with out society today... people actually think uninformed opinions should be given equal weight.


    You don't have to like Lebron at all nor WANT him to play for the Lakers. Unfortunately, purely in basketball terms, he and PG13 gives the Lakers the best chance of winning with this group of players...


    that right there is what is known as an informed opinion
    Obviously Lebron and PG would make us a better team. I never said it wouldnít so how could my opinion be uninformed? Is it Enough to win it all? Thatís extremely debatable.

    That doesnít change the fact that I donít want Lebron to play on my favorite basketball team. Basketball already has taken a huge step down for me. This just would make it irrelevant all together. So yea, I would rather lose with our young guys than not pay attention to the soap opera that surrounds Lebron when he hops over.

    I donít like basketball enough to watch that dillhole on the lakers.

    This isnít an actual uniformed opinion like ďNwaba is the next Jimmy ButlerĒ. This is as simple as not getting any satisfaction with Lebron in a lakers uniform. I would rather lose with out him than just having a shot at winning with him for 2-3 years. Because when itís all said and done, with or without him, this team could still be titleless in that span regardless.

    So yea, not down. Least favorite athlete ever on my favorite basketball team since I was a child. **** that.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    17,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Obviously Lebron and PG would make us a better team. I never said it wouldnít so how could my opinion be uninformed? Is it Enough to win it all? Thatís extremely debatable.

    That doesnít change the fact that I donít want Lebron to play on my favorite basketball team. Basketball already has taken a huge step down for me. This just would make it irrelevant all together. So yea, I would rather lose with our young guys than not pay attention to the soap opera that surrounds Lebron when he hops over.

    I donít like basketball enough to watch that dillhole on the lakers.

    This isnít an actual uniformed opinion like ďNwaba is the next Jimmy ButlerĒ. This is as simple as not getting any satisfaction with Lebron in a lakers uniform. I would rather lose with out him than just having a shot at winning with him for 2-3 years. Because when itís all said and done, with or without him, this team could still be titleless in that span regardless.

    So yea, not down. Least favorite athlete ever on my favorite basketball team since I was a child. **** that.
    so you would rather see the Lakers not have a shot at a championship than have Lebron play for the team...

    good to know you care more about the names on the back than on the front of the jersey.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    so you would rather see the Lakers not have a shot at a championship than have Lebron play for the team...

    good to know you care more about the names on the back than on the front of the jersey.
    Well, I donít think Lebron is the only path to a title. You do.

    And Yes, because this itís ****ing comical how pathetic this league has become.

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    so you would rather see the Lakers not have a shot at a championship than have Lebron play for the team...

    good to know you care more about the names on the back than on the front of the jersey.
    Basketball unlike most sports is a very individualized game, that's why teams tank in the NBA and most other leagues don't have that issue, if you get the top picks they make an impact, leagues like the NFL you don't turn your team around because you land one guy. It's a team sport, but you win because of the individual players not the team aspect (unless you are the Spurs), so if you hate a player I think in the NBA it's harder to accept them on your team. If you were a Kobe fan in his prime it would be hard to like Lebron James, this is the main reason I hate Lebron. I never wanted Kobe to pass the torch so I routed against Lebron and always wanted him to fail, it's hard to turn that off now and have him come here and cheer for him, I don't think I can do it.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Point taken. Itís all good. I donít have a problem with joining forces. I really didnít with Miami nor when KD went to Golden state. Is it the easy way out? Probably. There is very little loyalty left in the working environment. I had it in the Army but even there itís getting worse with the younger generation taking over. Those days are gone my friend.
    I understand your point of view as well and can see how it can be looked at either way. I grew up watching the NBA and each team had their star and that was their franchise, obviously in all sports this changed with free agency, but I like the loyalty of a guy playing his whole career with a team. In the past there have been blockbuster trades that moved huge names because it was best for the team or business and that was fine, but to join forces to make winning easier I'm not a fan of. I do agree that with the younger generation loyalty is not as important as it once was and it's very sad. I love guys like Giannis that get drafted by a nobody, but embrace it and appreciate it compete as hard as they can with what they have, could you see any of the other top players playing for the Bucks? They would force a trade.

    I think if the NBA wants to be a league of joining forces they need contract in size and have less teams so that the teams left can all be super teams and compete. This will never happen and from a business standpoint the league would lose billions, but that is the only way to keep it competitive and interesting for fans. Otherwise you will always have a handful of teams that nobody else can beat. I actually respect GSW because they drafted Green and Klay and then re-signed them before the big cap spike, all teams could have signed guys for what would have been market value or above at the time only to have those contracts become modest with the cap increase, but they didn't. Curry's injury helped and KD to a pay cut, but still earned over 25 mil... I respect that more than what happened in Miami.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Well, I donít think Lebron is the only path to a title. You do.

    And Yes, because this itís ****ing comical how pathetic this league has become.
    For 2018-2019 he probably is but if you hate him that much I can understand. I always have had a bias towards Kobe for obvious reasons as well and hated Lebron with a passion when the two of them were in their primes. However, I am tired of watching non-competitive Laker basketball. The team clearly took a step forward thanks to almost all the rookies we drafted except Bryant who played in the D league most of the year. I have said this before but I think if the team added Lebron and PG13 to the existing core of players they have, they could challenge GS and HOU. Look at the matchups last year they had in 8 games (the last matchup with Hou was meaningless since Andre Ingram played big minutes). Of those 8 games they played between the two, they lost 3 times in OT 2 vs. GS 1 vs. Hou, won 1 time vs. Hou, got blown out 1 time by Houston early in the season, and lost by 7 vs. GS. They can contend with these teams if they add a couple all star lock down veterans like Lebron and Paul George. It isn't far fetched. If Lebron brings them a chance at a ring, I am all for it. Gotta love the team you root for more than disdain for a player you hate. At least, that is how I see it.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "In a Champion State of Mind"
    Posts
    4,964


    Jeanie Buss

    @JeanieBuss

    Do not ever underestimate . . . . Nothing else to say

    10:05 PM ∑ Jun 13, 2018 from Manhattan, NY

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    17,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Well, I donít think Lebron is the only path to a title. You do.

    And Yes, because this itís ****ing comical how pathetic this league has become.
    I don't think he is the ONLY path...I think he and PG13 along with other tweaks would give us the best chance with this crop of young players who I don't think are good enough to be a first or second option on a championship team.

    Its ok though I know you guys want to wait and win the right way... kinda like Sacto and Phoenix fans

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    17,651
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    Basketball unlike most sports is a very individualized game, that's why teams tank in the NBA and most other leagues don't have that issue, if you get the top picks they make an impact, leagues like the NFL you don't turn your team around because you land one guy. It's a team sport, but you win because of the individual players not the team aspect (unless you are the Spurs), so if you hate a player I think in the NBA it's harder to accept them on your team. If you were a Kobe fan in his prime it would be hard to like Lebron James, this is the main reason I hate Lebron. I never wanted Kobe to pass the torch so I routed against Lebron and always wanted him to fail, it's hard to turn that off now and have him come here and cheer for him, I don't think I can do it.
    fair enough... that explains why you don't want him...

    it has nothing to do with whether signing him is the best decision

    For me it will always be Lakers first... nothing else matters

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "In a Champion State of Mind"
    Posts
    4,964
    But James’ proposed move to the Lakers gained traction this week after a mysterious tweet posted by the team’s president, Jeanie Buss, last night.
    Do not ever underestimate… Nothing else to say,” she wrote, tagging her location as Manhattan, New York.
    Earlier, a fan claimed to have spotted 6ft 9ins superstar James strolling through New York with his family.
    The mystery deepened online after Lakers insider Ramona Shelburne tweeted that she had inside information pertaining to the meaning of Buss’ cryptic tweet.
    And minutes later, she liked a separate tweet claiming “@ramonashelburne gonna break the LABron news.”

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't think he is the ONLY path...I think he and PG13 along with other tweaks would give us the best chance with this crop of young players who I don't think are good enough to be a first or second option on a championship team.

    Its ok though I know you guys want to wait and win the right way... kinda like Sacto and Phoenix fans
    Lol we can argue about this all day. We will see if the num nut hops over and makes more of a mockery of himself.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    17,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Lol we can argue about this all day. We will see if the num nut hops over and makes more of a mockery of himself.
    embrace the mockery... its no different than Shaq leaving a finals team to come to the Lakers...

    the moral relativism is off the charts on this issue

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    fair enough... that explains why you don't want him...

    it has nothing to do with whether signing him is the best decision

    For me it will always be Lakers first... nothing else matters
    I'm pretty loyal to our guys, I had a hard time seeing JC and Nance go even though they were players that are easy to replace, but they were our guys and I cheered for them just like I have every other player that has put a Laker jersey on, I want them to do well. I explained my reason for not wanting Lebron, if he joins us maybe that will change I don't know, I can't see it at this point because right now I still hate him and always have and can't see past that until it changes.

    It would be much for fulfilling to see our young guys develop into a contender after sticking it out these past several years, but can that realistically happen? Probably not on their own, if we add PG13? Still no until the Warriors dynasty falls and at least a couple of these young guys become stars which might or might not happen. Signing Lebron is definitely the more guaranteed way to improve, him teaming up with other stars brings you to competing for titles. I would accept this a lot easier if Lebron just came, maybe PG and then we kept the rest of our team together, the guys who I've been loyal to and routed for the past few years, but I think with Lebron if he comes he wants the team built around him, he always has and it will be very difficult for me to see these young guys go. I like BI, Zo, Kuz and even Randle more than I like Lebron or PG, not because they are better or even will be better, but rather because they are Lakers and I'm loyal to them. If we don't everyone for cater to Lebron that also gets back to not respecting Lebron, it's one thing to say I'm going to the Lakers for family and to help try and bring a Championship team back to LA and it's completely different to say I'm going to LA and you are going to do everything possible like give up all your youth and future, pay a 150mil luxury tax bill, etc... to give me a Championship team so that I can have my own way, but still compete for titles.

    I just can't wait for this to all settle one way or another and then we can move on.

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Lol we can argue about this all day. We will see if the num nut hops over and makes more of a mockery of himself.
    I've already said this, but I would LMAO if Lebron announced he was joining the Lakers only for the Lakers to say they are not interested in signing him! LOL ... I know it would never happen, but I love the thought. I hate how guys just get to choose and then the team has to make it work, how does he get to decide where he goes and what he's signing for? Obviously he's getting a max deal wherever he goes and nobody is going to say no to you, but I feel you should have to talk to the team before you decide that, even if just out of curtesy.

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •