Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Fans who hold this opinion are thinking wayyyyyyy too short-sighted. You are bidding against yourself when you can get Kawhi next offseason. Lebron is already going to be 34 by the end of the year, he's not in range with our young guys and he's going to want them gone for vets. We are in position to be a finals contender for 10+ years straight if we play our cards right, not 1-4 or however long Lebron stays as he slowly begins to decline.
    Getting Kawhi now is going to cost a huge chunk of the young core, and if we want PG we'll have to give up bringing back Randle. Leonard's injury issues make this a risky move when we could watch how he plays next season and then with our fears alleviated sign him outright. A Kawhi-PG-Lebron trio would leave the rest of the roster in tatters, holes left and right, no depth, 12 bums. That's not good enough to beat Golden State or even the Celtics. Maybe not even the Rockets. We fail to get past these teams over the next few years while Lebron starts to decline little by little.

I'd prefer a roster of:

Zo
    Kawhi
    PG13
    Randle
    Lopez
    Ingram
    Kuz
    Hart
    1st(#25)

That's 9 deep. Young, can play defense, can switch on D and play multiple positions, shooting potential, star upside youth. You can go over the cap to resign the young guys and later on trade them for other disgruntled stars. A true #1 in Kawhi and a true #2 in George. This is a squad where you can win chips with throughout the 2020's. We blow our load like a bunch of desperate chumps to put together a 3 man roster and say goodbye to our dynasty potential, the 2020's will belong to the Celtics.
    What about Zu and Bryant? I think both can be integral parts of a young winning roster. Bryant I believe can step up and be the Lopez type, and instead of actually re-signing Lopez as you suggest, Iíd offer Zubac to WAS in a salary dump for Gortat(expiring) and 15. They want to reduce salary and get younger on the inside - Wall and Gortat are done. And, we want their pick. 15 could nab us another very good kid or add it to 25 and get up higher. Personally, with the above roster, Iíd go shooter - Huerter at 15 and rim running C - Robinson at 25. Use 47 on a back-up PG like Tony Carr or Devonte Graham or better yet take a chance on Diallo (Huge promise as a 3/D wing), then use the MLE to get a PG like VanVleet. Tons of options that donít require LBJ. Iíd looooooove to snag Leonard and George and retain our kids, love it. Thatíd be A+ for me.

According to Stephen A. Smith and his "sources", Chris Paul has started telling people that LeBron James isn't trying to come to Houston because he wants to be in Los Angeles. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/stephen-a-smith-chris-paul-says-lebron-wants-to-be-in-la-stuff-on-pg.291803/*…

3:26 PM - Jun 18, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    According to Stephen A. Smith and his "sources", Chris Paul has started telling people that LeBron James isn't trying to come to Houston because he wants to be in Los Angeles. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...n-pg.291803/*Ö

3:26 PM - Jun 18, 2018
    I just read that Chris Paul is putting his energy to recruiting lebron to Houston.

The lost boys

Basically I think that Paul George is gonna **** this all up.

LeBron wants to be a Laker, but Paul George wants his max money from OKC.
    And LeBron certainly ainít coming to the Lakers by himself.

Thus, no LeBron to the Lakers.

And Pop ainít trading Kawhi to us ever.

So weíre screwed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post

Which I knew what was coming.

We're not screwed either way. This will pave way for next years' lotto. Again, I'd like the "rebuild" to end in this years' draft. We take on salaries too for more picks via Denver/Memphis/Phoenix. We head into 2019 loaded with young talent and ready for FA.

1. We re-sign Randle this year for $20M per year (4yrs)
    2. We take on one of these huge contracts:
    -Chandler Parsons #4
    -Kenneth Faried or Wilson Chandler #14
    -Tyson Chandler #16

#4 Mo Bamba definitely (give em Zubac/25) #47 Jevon Carter, undrafted G.Ball
    #14 Donte DiVicenzo (give em 25) #47 Svi
    #16 Donte DiVicenzo, #25 Kevin Huerter, #47 Svi

Bamba/Bryant
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/G.Ball
    Parsons/Hart
    Ball/Carter

Zubac/Bryant
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/Chandler
    Svi/Hart
    Ball/DiVicenzo

Chandler/Zubac
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/Svi
    Huerter/Hart
    Ball/DiVicenzo

Pick #16 (Donte DiVicenzo) from PHX is my personal choice, simply take on Tyson Chandler -- a defensive vet, who is an expiring next year, we get two more other picks (Huerter/Svi).
    Last edited by Mave1002; 06-18-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Lakers have a ton of options...

Debbie downer?
    k Our hope for a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Lakers have a ton of options...
    Mavs and Cali have a collection of them!
    k Our hope for a big change.

These reports are all over the place. This could be the usual scenario where guys use the lakers as leverage to get what they want.
    The phrase that pays : do as I say or Iím going to LA.

Football teams did it for years in order to get new stadiums. Los Angeles strikes fear in the hearts and minds of lesser cities. I would be shocked beyond belief if Leonard gets moved. He says money isnít an issue. Iíll believe it when he turns down that Supermax extension.

The lost boys

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839