Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You guys are nuts. Sanchez has a bad stretch and you sell on him?

Mad bum is nice but iinjury prone

You do realize Sanchez the best catcher in the game and that no one is close? By seasons end Romine will at his customary .240-250.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post

You do realize Sanchez the best catcher in the game and that no one is close? By seasons end Romine will at his customary .240-250.
    Yes they are nuts.

I would not trade any of our young regulars, including Gleyber. Build a package around Frazier and Sheffield for an ace.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

He's not injury prone. He had a dirt bike accident last year and was hit by a line drive this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Iíd try to add Hand in there. A deal of maybe Frazier, Adams, Martinez, Estrada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A) Thatís an overpay.

B) Again, donít trade with Preller. Heís a giant prick so its not worth it.

even sillier is SF is probably the team least looking for a catcher

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    No matter what the Mets say publicly, they are definitely looking to trade Degrom. They wonít sign him in two years and heís going to be 30 next year. Hence, the time for a haul is now.

I am against trading everyday players for pitchers but we built a farm of ammo for a reason. They canít all play here. Positions are locked up.

Offer them Florial, Adams, Tyler Austin, Wade and a lower level pitching stud. There is no way they donít take that deal to restock their farm.

The only guys I donít trade are anyone on the MLB roster and Sheffield.

Next, I offer SD Clint Frazier and low level stuff for Hand.

Game over.
    There is no way they do take that deal. They'd have to send Frazier, Sheffield, and another high end prospect at least for DeGrom. The Mets can take any players not on the ML roster for DeGrom and I'd be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    A) Thatís an overpay.

B) Again, donít trade with Preller. Heís a giant prick so its not worth it.
    I think itís about right, I donít make anything of Adams. Donít think he will be an elite SP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Hand would be such an awesome addition. However, I don't think it'd be wise to use Frazier, Sheffield or Florial for him. Andujar or Torres either if you count them as trade chips. I think if we move those guys it needs to be for a starter. Hand would be so awesome though so I'd put everyone else on the table.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

How about a possible Clint Frazier for Steven Matz trade?

Quote Originally Posted by bmallonYanks247 View Post
    How about a possible Clint Frazier for Steven Matz trade?
    Rather send Frazier and other pieces for someone much better than Matz.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I still vote for sitting tight. Teams know the yankees are desperate for pitching and will try to take advantage. Sit back and let the season unfold. Try to plug holes with minor league arms for now.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

If Houston and Boston were going to sit tight ok but they're not going to. It's a wonderful thing to have the young players and farm system that we have built but we have legit MLB players sitting in AAA because we don't have a place for them to play. We have the best team in baseball and were actually under performing with the bats.

We have a legit chance to win a WS this yr, u don't pass those chances up. We basically have 1 need and that's another starter that puts our rotation in the same class as Houston and Boston's.

If they could get a Bumgarner, Thor or Degrom use what we have to get them

The MLB writers have been talking about the asking price for those guys if they decide to make them available the asking price is going to be 2 blue chip near MLB ready specs and 2 more elite ceiling a ball or younger kids.

If that does end up being the price for a legit ace that we can control for 2 plus yrs I would make that deal.

We have no idea if were going to be this good next yr or the team dynamic will totally change if CC or Gardy doesnt come back. We could easily lose a couple very important piece to injury or something else which is why I don't think we can sit tight and hope for the best this yr and beyond IMO. I'm pretty sure the Cubs don't regret dealing for Chapman to win their WS and the same with Houston last yr. If those teams don't upgrade at the deadline they don't win those WS imo
    Last edited by dayners81; 06-11-2018 at 04:27 PM.

nobody loves the home grown kids more than Kinkotheclown

I can respect that but a big part of the reason you have a farm is to trade them

another good post dayners

we have to assume the others will improve and can't waste a legit shot at a ring NOW

next yr is never guaranteed

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    nobody loves the home grown kids more than Kinkotheclown

I can respect that but a big part of the reason you have a farm is to trade them

another good post dayners

we have to assume the others will improve and can't waste a legit shot at a ring NOW

next yr is never guaranteed
    I'm not saying don't trade guys. I'm only saying that if you part way with a talent like Frazier, it needs to be for more than a rental or more than a pitcher over 28 years old. The pitcher would have to be on the level of Sevy or a half step below to include him in a package.

If you want a guy who is a 2 or 3? and want to throw Adams, Austin, Wade and guys like that? Sure

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

With Kershaw being injured so often this year and his opt out clause looming and most importantly the Dodgers struggling.....

If he can come back and prove he is healthy what would he be worth at the deadline?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast