Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Machado should be their backup plan. A top of the rotation arm is a necessity, not a luxury, if we want to win this year. Arguing over pennies (and trivialities) by upper management will get us Eovaldi and another early postseason exit.

As I said, this deal is predicated on the Yankees acquisition target as deGrom and only deGrom. How he gets there doesnít matter, so the comparatives donít stand (hence why Iím proposing a 3 team deal).

The Mets would be getting 5-6 players, including 2 major league high quality talents and our #1 offensive prospect PLUS a rotational arm to slot in for the deGrom loss that DESPERATELY needs to be off this team ASAP. Capitalizing on Callawayís strengths as a pitching savant could be a major boost for both Gray and the Mets.

The Yankees canít get deGrom with the package you quoted and probably canít get it with what they have left in the farm. If you want to go toe to toe with Alderson in a one-on-one scenario where he has little incentive to help the Yankees, you would probably have to part w Torres, Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield to make it happen.

THAT would be a terrible package but donít expect any less if you want these two teams to overcome their market rivalry to even begin talking.
    But even the Mets wouldn't be stupid enough to trade for Moustakis instead of Sheffield. Whether that trade robs the Yankees or robs the Mets, it is still dopey to think that Moustakis is worth Sheffield. The Mets would be better off with any of 10 minor leaguers from the Yankees instead of Moustakis. That's how bad the thought of them getting Moustakis is.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    their is no top of the rotation arm available.. or the yanks would not be interested in machado i would think.. if degrom and bumgarner are not available is happ or hamels really going to make a difference in the post season i think not.. yanks will have to win by offense and bullpen.. one thing machado excels at is something the yanks are horrible with... is hitting with runners in scoring position.. machado is great in that category....
    I agree with a lot of this but have to reiterate that the Mets are in a somewhat of a desperate position offensively and we desperately need an ace. If Alderson is conceding the season then he has no real motivation to work with us though we have offensive pieces they could certainly benefit from.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Haha! Nice. Glad to see all you guys again.

I predict at least 7 boat blondes for the almighty Sauron!
    Leo makes magic happen.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Machado always seems to step it up when he plays against us. As long as hr's willing to play 3rd for us like it has been reported it would be incredible to have him playing for us for the next 7-10yrs. A line up with Stanton, Judge, Sanchez, Torres and Machado would be an absolute nightmare for other teams. If we can't trade for him by the deadline with all the interest we've shown in him since last winter i'd be pretty surprised if we weren't all in on him this winter.

I absolutely think that getting the best starting pitcher we can either by the deadline or this winter should be our top priority. We desperately need another pitcher that isn't a coin flip in the rotation other than Sevy and i think its going to be very hard to compete against Boston and Houston without one. I would try to make the Mets an offer they couldn't refuse for Degrom. If that meant Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield plus than i'd make that offer. Pitching is going to be expensive no matter what and to me it is absolutely stupid to give up elite MLB ready talent for rental when were going to need another front of the rotation starter this winter. It makes way more sense to me to only have to give up one package of our top prospects

On another note Buster Olney said today that the Yanks are actively shopping Grey because the Yanks brass has decided he just can't handle the pressure of pitching for us. With all the teams looking for starting pitching maybe we could actually get something decent in return for him that we could add to a deal for Degrom
    ^^^ This.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    But even the Mets wouldn't be stupid enough to trade for Moustakis instead of Sheffield. Whether that trade robs the Yankees or robs the Mets, it is still dopey to think that Moustakis is worth Sheffield. The Mets would be better off with any of 10 minor leaguers from the Yankees instead of Moustakis. That's how bad the thought of them getting Moustakis is.
    He's having a bad six weeks but has too much of a work history to just toss aside whereas Sheffield has none. For the record I would like to retain ApSheffield and Florial and see Sheff make the big club eventually. Realistically though the time to win is NOW while we have the youth, the pieces, the chemistry, the cost control and the momentum. Waiting years for a guy who MIGHT pan out while time and opportunity pass s us buy is backwards thinking IMO.

Any Questions?

Did we get Machado yet?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Andujar, Austin, Abreu or Bird, Wade, Adams for
    Machado, who re-signs and commits to playing third, Britton and wait for it, Davis

One top level prospect and mid high level one and a mid level one for a guy who will walk at the end of the year, a great relief pitcher and a horrible contract

We get Machado and Britton lose Andjuar and take on a horrible contract.
    They get an MLB ready replacement for both Machado and Davis along with a pitcher who may be either a solid starter or a solid reliever and get rid of a horrible contract.

Would you?

Would they?
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 07-11-2018 at 08:23 AM.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Andujar, Austin, Abreu for
    Machado, who re-signs and commits to playing third, Britton and wait for it, Davis

One top level prospect and mid high level one and a mid level one for a guy who will walk at the end of the year, a great relief pitcher and a horrible contract

We get Machado and Britton lose Andjuar and take on a horrible contract.
    They get an MLB ready replacement for both Andujar and Davis along with a pitcher who may be either a solid starter or a solid reliever and get rid of a horrible contract.

Would you?

Would they?
    No way we stay under the tax taking back Davis contract. Not my money, so I absolutely would then just DFA Davis.
    I'd also DFA Jake.
    Have to pay them either way, might as well cut them loose so they're not taking up a roster spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Iíd take Davis if they took Jake and Walker. That would clear up about 4-5 mill i think.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No way we stay under the tax taking back Davis contract. Not my money, so I absolutely would then just DFA Davis.
    I'd also DFA Jake.

Have to pay them either way, might as well cut them loose so they're not taking up a roster spot.

No way Hal the bean counter pisses away that kind of dough. Remember he's collecting insurance on Ells to the tune of approx $16M per.

Crunching the numbers, it works out to a manageable loss of $5,285,712 for the 34 yr. old. Unfortunately, none of the insurance money can be used to offset the luxury tax threshold, his $21.1 million counts for almost 13% of the teamís total payroll.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

we must add someone before we play the almighty Orioles I don't wanna be 5 games back

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    we must add someone before we play the almighty Orioles I don't wanna be 5 games back
    Orioles Rays and Marlins own us. Ha.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Orioles Rays and Marlins own us. Ha.
    Hey...we always have the Royals. 2-0 versus them so far with four more games against them!

Quote Originally Posted by BWilliamsfan51 View Post
    Hey...we always have the Royals. 2-0 versus them so far with four more games against them!
    Parade!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No way Hal the bean counter pisses away that kind of dough. Remember he's collecting insurance on Ells to the tune of approx $16M per.

Crunching the numbers, it works out to a manageable loss of $5,285,712 for the 34 yr. old. Unfortunately, none of the insurance money can be used to offset the luxury tax threshold, his $21.1 million counts for almost 13% of the teamís total payroll.
    Fair point. Didn't think about them recuperating money thru insurance whiles he's hurt.

Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast