Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You make a worthwhile point. However Mets are in the same City and Mets brass would be tarred and feathered for handing the Yanks another WS. Mets would definitely benefit from a deal shipping 3-4 near MLB ready prospects and Yanks would certainly benefit grabbing a top 5 arm. I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    for deGrom my package would be Andujar, Florial, Sheffield, German and 2 B level prospects
    I want to build on this.

The biggest problem I see with an inter-New York trade is ego and rivalry hatred, which Alderson would almost certainly try to capitalize on in the grandest way possible.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and propose we try to get this done via a 3-way deadline deal.

KC is said to be looking to move Moustakas, who would cost any buyers 2 mil against the cap pro-rated for the final 1/3 of the season. Further, Yost came out the other day and said Moose was too good a player for the current iteration of the Royals, which is practically begging to get him moved. Considering that KC took him back extremely last minute for a $6 million song, there really can't be an invaluable asset argument put up on their side.

Do any posters here see a way in which the Yankees flip Andujar, Fraizer, Gray and a very low level prospect to the Mets and Sheffield and Shreve to the Royals for Moustakas and then having Moose reflipped to the Metropolitans with deGrom coming to the Bronx. In order to maintain the appearance of using a neutral intermediary, the Yanks may need to flip all six to the Mets with Alderson agreeing to reflip Sheffield and Shreve to KC.

Mets get: Andujar, Moustakas, Fraizer (our #1 offensive prospect), Gray, a low end prospect.
    Royals get: Sheffield, Shreve, (possible low end Mets prospect)
    Yanks get: deGrom

This basically sets up Infernos' above scenario (swapping Fraizer to retain Florial) with a far higher return for the Mets than we could hope to guarantee. Given their penchant for forgoing offensive player development in favor of rotational youth concentration, this scenario would represent a MAJOR shot in the arm to their team.

The lynchpin in this deal to me is getting KC to accept Sheffield and Shreve for Moustakas. While on its face it may seem to be a real longshot, given the comments, rumors, and developments of the past week on Moose, coupled with the fact that he was a very last-minute low bid rebuy in Spring Training, I could very much see this happening, especially if the Mets were to sweeten the pot with a low to mid tier prospect from their own system.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-10-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    maybe the yanks are thinking.. since they will not be able get a ace pitcher. the only chance they have at winning is to outslug there opponents..machado not only will add power.. he is also hitting for a higher average.. he makes much more contact...in a lineup of punchouts...
    Are you sure about that? Yanks lead the MLB in HR's by a wide margin, 1st in SLG, 2nd in OPS by a fraction of a fraction.005 and 2nd in total bases. They are #2 in extra base hits, only 12 behind the leader. They do K too often ranking in the top 10 at #8, but are #3 in BB. But, as you well know a team that hits with this kind of power is prone to K more often.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Happ is the guy to get. He is easily an upgrade over Gray, German, and probably even Tanaka at this point. Plus he is a rental who shouldn't cost a top prospect.

As for everyone saying get Machado in the offseason, that doesn't help the team this season. The Yankees are hovering around best record in the league. Now is the time to strike, windows can close in a hurry.
    Great backup plan, but their are other options I would rather explore first, or at least in conjunction with this.

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Apparently Haymen (can’t find the quote yet) said Manny would not mind moving to 3rd for NYY. His comments aimed at being a SS out of frustration about trade rumors and what Manny meant “I’m a SS right now and don’t want to discuss trades”

I guess I can see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting note on machado.

I can see why he said what he said. He is tired of the trade rumors. Can't blame him there.

I can't stand the media and how they portray things just to get traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I want to build on this.

The biggest problem I see with an inter-New York trade is ego and rivalry hatred, which Alderson would almost certainly try to capitalize on in the grandest way possible.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and propose we try to get this done via a 3-way deadline deal.

KC is said to be looking to move Moustakas, who would cost any buyers 2 mil against the cap pro-rated for the final 1/3 of the season. Further, Yost came out the other day and said Moose was too good a player for the current iteration of the Royals, which is practically begging to get him moved. Considering that KC took him back extremely last minute for a $6 million song, there really can't be an invaluable asset argument put up on their side.

Do any posters here see a way in which the Yankees flip Andujar, Fraizer, Gray and a very low level prospect to the Mets and Sheffield and Shreve to the Royals for Moustakas and then having Moose reflipped to the Metropolitans with deGrom coming to the Bronx. In order to maintain the appearance of using a neutral intermediary, the Yanks may need to flip all six to the Mets with Alderson agreeing to reflip Sheffield and Shreve to KC.

Mets get: Andujar, Moustakas, Fraizer (our #1 offensive prospect), Gray, a low end prospect.
    Royals get: Sheffield, Shreve
    Yanks get: de Grom

This basically sets up Infernos' above scenario (swapping Fraizer to retain Florial) with a far higher return for the Mets than we could hope to guarantee. Given their penchant for forgoing offensive player development in favor of rotational youth concentration, this scenario would represent a MAJOR shot in the arm to their team.

The lynchpin in this deal to me is getting KC to accept Sheffield and Shreve for Moustakas. While on its face it may seem to be a real longshot, given the comments, rumors, and developments of the past week on Moose, coupled with the fact that he was a very last-minute low bid rebuy in Spring Training, I could very much see this happening, especially if the Mets were to sweeten the pot with a low to mid tier prospect from their own system.
    I wouldn't trade Sheffield even up for Moustakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Smells View Post
    I would be cool with either:
    1) Machado for (Didi, Florial, Drury, Adams)
    2) Machado for (Andujar, Drury, Adams)
    3) Machado for (Hicks, Drury, Florial, Adams)

I think any of these would be a nice package for a rental. Its probably better than what any other team would give up, and better than a draft pick. I would prefer it to be option 3, because Baltimore would get 2 solid MLB players, 1 stud prospect, and we would be able to make room for Frazier on the roster, so play CF with Gardner.
    Those packages are too rich for my blood... all because he is a rental. Though the O’s are probably looking for something like that

35,000th post! Jeez I’m old.

Sauron my man........no way i trade Sheffield for Moose. But i love you.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I want to build on this.

Royals get: Sheffield, Shreve, (possible low end Mets prospect)
    Yanks get: deGrom

A) Moustakas is not worth Sheffield.
    B) Mets wouldn’t want Moustakas or Gray.

So that is a HUGE overpay for Moose and a severe underpay for DeGrom.

Andujar, Florial, Sheffield, another mid or two lower level prospects. I think that would be more than enough. I would actually start bargaining at Andujar, Frazier, Adams as the key framework

Guys..... let’s be clear about this. We’re trading Sheffield for deGrom. The move to KC is incidental to this. We have to look at it like this one complex package for deGrom. Seeing how eight pages ago there were posters putting him in packages directly to Queens, this accomplishes the same end result through an intermediary allowing everyone involved to save face with their bases and entices KC to part with a huge upgrade for the Mets. Sheffield is a part of the deal, just not as directly structured as previously argued.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-10-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-10-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Andujar, Florial, Sheffield, another mid or two lower level prospects. I think that would be more than enough. I would actually start bargaining at Andujar, Frazier, Adams as the key framework

The Mets aren’t taking this deal.

You have to give to get.

Gray is there to replace the lost rotational slot. Remember, Mickey Callaway, from his days in Cleveland, is also a savant at turning around reclamation project pitchers through calculated dissection of their mechanics and execution (and Gray has as recently as four months ago been viewed as projecting an incredibly high ceiling).

If the Mets had any chance at contention this would be moot but their situation is dire and this offers a very fair compensatory package to part with their ace to a hated market rival.

You’re not getting deGrom without giving more than fair in return and we don’t have, or are willing to part with the quantity of, necessary quality parts to get this done on our own, much less with an embargoed team.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-10-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any buzz about Garrett Richards

heck if I was LAA I'd want to move him quickly before he got hurt

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Are you sure about that? Yanks lead the MLB in HR's by a wide margin, 1st in SLG, 2nd in OPS by a fraction of a fraction.005 and 2nd in total bases. They are #2 in extra base hits, only 12 behind the leader. They do K too often ranking in the top 10 at #8, but are #3 in BB. But, as you well know a team that hits with this kind of power is prone to K more often.
    yanks are hitting 251 as a team.. they strikeout a lot... it feels they are a all or nothing team.. machado is hitting over 300 his strikeouts are way down..the more you make contact the better your chances of doing something productive at the plate..

i do worry in a playoff situation whether the yanks style of offense can carry them..they may prove me wrong.. you can't go wrong getting machado...he can only help...

Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast