Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I say go for corbin. He's 28 and someone who you can try to resign at the end of the year. Id much rather him than fulmer or happ. I also think we should hold onto all the young guys we have on the mlb roster right now. Instead of making big runs at hitters during free agency they need to make big runs at pitching. Kershaw, Corbin, Keuchel, and even andrew miller. Could you imagine a rotation in Kershaw, Sevy, Tanaka, keuchel and corbin? With Miller back in the pen?
    They ainít moving him unless they really stumble. I think they are still in it at the deadline so Corbin wonít be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    They ainít moving him unless they really stumble. I think they are still in it at the deadline so Corbin wonít be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still in it? LOL. They are in first place. Expect them to be buyers and get a big bat at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Unless we absolutely can't find a better option Happ and Hamels should be at the bottom of our wish list only above Fulmer IMO. Alot of you keep saying that neither Happ or Hamels is going to be that expensive prospect wise and that simply isn;t going to be the case. Outside of Houston, Cleveland and probably Boston every contender or teams that are close are looking for starting pitching. Thats going to drive the price way up and means that they are going to cost at least one of our top prospects and a couple high ceiling lottery tickets.

Happ has zero playoff experience and if were giving up a decent package it would be nice to get someone who has experience winning in the playoffs and is a clear upgrade over CC and Tanaka.

IMO Hamels is a solid no, he has a 20 team no trade clause which we are on. Hamels has already said to waive his NT he wants his 22m option for next yr picked up for next yr. I want nothing to do with Hamels next yr at that price, as well as paying a pretty high price prospect wise. It would be way smarter to use that money to sign a guy like Corbin.

What we really need is someone who is a clear upgrade over CC and Tanaka. Plus if were giving up any top specs i would rather them not be a pure rental. IMO it makes zero sense to trade any top specs for a pitcher that is not a clear upgrade over CC and Tanaka. We already made that mistake last yr with Gray it doesn't make sense to do it again.

The cost is going to hurt, probably alot but what we really need is to get Degrom, Thor, Madbum or someone at that kind of level if they become available. One of those guys or someone on that kind of level would keep us competitive with the likes of Houston, Boston and Clevelands rotation in the playoffs.

If getting one of those guys proves to be impossible I would way prefer that they went and got Archer. While his numbers are down he still has elite stuff and seems like he would be a he would benefit greatly from a change of scenery where he actually has a chance to not only pitch in the playoffs but win. Plus he's not a rental, he has a very affordable contract and we would control him for the next 3 1/2yrs.

With as soft as the market is for starters both this yr at the trade deadline and this winter combined with how many teams are looking for starting pitching i don't see anyway we add a starting pitcher that is an upgrade over what we have without giving up at least a couple top prospects. To me if were going to have to give up top specs we might as well go all in and get somebody that not a rental and could help us win multiple titles over the next few yrs
    Agree, except for Archer. Expensive and IMO he's nothing more than Sonny Gray 2.0. Better off standing pat this year if we can pull off a deal for a real ace and give some of the kids like Sheffield a shot early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We didn't have Thor, deGrom, Mad Bum last postseason, basically the same rotation as now and was 1 game away from the WS.

Hitting was the reason why we failed in Games 6 and 7 vs Houston. And a Gary Sanchez fumble at the plate as well....

I would just use what we got or trade for Happ but Frazier can't be dealt for that guy.....I feel Frazier can be a vital part to our lineup in the years to come and he needs to stay IMO....

Mets don't want Frazier. Too many OF's (young and veterans) right now. They would ask for Torres/Andujar, Sheffield, Florial and a lottery ticket.

Giving Toronto Clint Frazier for a 35 yr old starter in Happ is just plain ole dumb! That is the same as sending Jay Buhner to Seattle for whatever we got back then, can't even remember his name....

And when we traded for Steve Trout who won nothing down the stretch, he went 0-5 with an ERA over 6.00

Please keep Frazier, only for deGrom or Thor and even Thor is a huge risk, the guy is always on the DL.....
    No way I move Torres or Andujar. Plus, I would be very hesitant to move Frazier. He's gonna be a beast (especially if we are comfortable with him playing CF a bit. Remember, Hicks comes off after 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Yes. Degrom. Now.
    Big Leo, make it happen.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I donít have issues with it, itís just that I canít get you tacos because I donít work there anymore. If you want industrial supplies and hardware, Iím your guy!
    I need a new pipe snake. And an industrial sized bottle of hot sauce for my tacos.

Also a signed photo of Clown having his way with the chicas at the Mexican restaurant he used to work at back in the good old days when employees could enjoy banging each other.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Big Leo, make it happen.
    On it!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I heard on MLB network that the Yankees are in on trading KC for Moose, who is a rental and they may want him for 1B.

Probably nothing to the rumor, but it might be worth if Bird doesn't shape up soon.

What would we have to give up to get him? Could Sonny Gray be part of the deal?
    Last edited by BWilliamsfan51; 07-06-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I heard on MLB network that the Yankees are in on trading KC for Moose, who is a rental and they may want him for 1B.

Probably nothing to the rumor, but it might be worth if Bird doesn't shape up soon.
    it would be a very good deal if it happens moose ifs having a very good year in kansas city put him in yankee stadium and he would have 4 extra home runs.. he currently has 16 home runs 53 rbi;s

I'd be all in for fretting Moustakas

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd be all in for fretting Moustakas

Don't fret, Cash will do his best to improve the team.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Don't fret, Cash will do his best to improve the team.
    That was supposed to be "getting"

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That was supposed to be "getting"

No kidding.

I am not thrilled with Moose. Yes he probably benefits from the porch, his slash thus far .258/.312/.478 with 16 HR's. His OBP is only .006 better than Bird! Bird walks more and hits for slightly more power, sporting a .219 isolated power (slugging percentage minus batting average) to Moustakasí .214. Those comparisons to Bird are NOT a ringing endorsement imo. Also he has NO experience at 1B and would be a defensive liability compared to Bird. Let's not forget he's he spent the past week or so resting a bad back. DH / 1B types are easy to come by and are usually inexpensive. I would pass on Moose, focus on an arm which we sorely need.
    Last edited by drt1010; 07-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast