Andujar
    Sheffield
    Frazier
    Florial
    Shreve
    Ruth
    Mariano

Should get it done.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 07-12-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Happ got crushed against the Red Sox tonight. And this is the guy the Yankees want?

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Or, I would trade Sheff for Manny, if Andujar (plus) landed us said elite arm.
    Andujar plus probably won't get it done, not an elite arm.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    "If I had more time I would write more briefly."

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Happ got crushed against the Red Sox tonight. And this is the guy the Yankees want?

1 long bad inning I think the granny was on the 43 pitch of the inning

it wasn't a bad pitch mookie just having one of those yrs

5 unearned runs only 1 error but a couple of other plays that should of been made

the guy has a pretty good record vs sox so I wouldn't have been to hard on him anyways

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post

1 long bad inning I think the granny was on the 43 pitch of the inning

it wasn't a bad pitch mookie just having one of those yrs

5 unearned runs only 1 error but a couple of other plays that should of been made

the guy has a pretty good record vs sox so I wouldn't have been to hard on him anyways
    The yanks also smacked him around the other day. Even before that, he isnít much better than what we already have. Short of giving up Neil walker for him, Iíll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    The yanks also smacked him around the other day. Even before that, he isnít much better than what we already have. Short of giving up Neil walker for him, Iíll pass.
    obviously he's going to cost but if not to bad

I'd give him the ball

I like WHIP 1.17 WHIP works and so does 9.8 K/9

like I said he has a good record vs sox and

I'm not going to shame him for getting beat by the best 2 offenses

when they say '' you never have enough pitching '' they are right

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Andujar plus probably won't get it done, not an elite arm.
    Probably not because there's only what 2 elite arms. But the Sheff isn't going to get it done either which is what I was responding to, right?

And despite that, it should. Andujar, plus Florial, plus Frazier plus Abreue should absolutely get it done.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Probably not because there's only what 2 elite arms. But the Sheff isn't going to get it done either which is what I was responding to, right?

And despite that, it should. Andujar, plus Florial, plus Frazier plus Abreue should absolutely get it done.
    Andujar alone is a lot to give up because he has already proven what he can do against MLB pitching, he has 5yrs of control and an AS type ceiling, Frazier is MLB ready and has a similar AS capable ceiling and yrs of control as well. You could throw in Wade who is MLB ready as well. I'm sure that they would want some MLB ready pitching so offer them 1 or both of Adams and Lasanga. The center pieces for the deal would be Andujar and Frazier who could step in from day one an be impact players for them then tweak the rest of the deal whoever they need to.

I'm not sure how the Mets could turn that down for Degrom. It immediately improves their everyday lineup and they could probably choose from a handful of the specs that are either MLB ready or close. I'm not sure they could possibly hope for a better package for Degrom that helps them Immediately and potentially for many yrs to come. The longer they wait to trade Degrom the more his value goes down and by the time they are ready to compete again he'll have left as a FA. It makes way to much sense for both teams not to make a deal just because they play in the same city.

I have wanted the Yanks to get Machado this winter in FA for a long time but i'm not a fan of paying for him twice. The only way it makes sense to me is they can use Andujar to land an elite arm like Degrom. If Cashman and the rest of the upper management is willing to trade for Machado now and re sign him this off season they must really really want him badly. For as long as i can remember Cashman has refused to pay twice for players which is why i'm not completely buying into us being all in on him now. With as much interest as they are showing in him since this past winter I would be very surprised if they didn't end up with him this winter. That said i still think the Yanks absolute top priority should be landing an elite arm. We need one now to seriously compete for a WS title this yr and were going to need that same kind of arm for yrs going forward.

I do have to say all this talk of going after Machado feel like a total ninja Cashman move, pay attention to what were doing over here then pull of something huge no one is talking about or expecting. I think they will do everything they can to hold onto Sheff in a deal for Machado unless the Soxs are serious about Machado. The Sox farm system is pretty thin right now and ranked in the mid 20's so unless they are willing to deal off the MLB roster i'm not sure they have the ammo to pull of a deal for Machado. I think its more likely we end up with him in FA to save prospects so we don't pay for him twice.

The one thing that would change that IMO is if the Soxs are serious about getting Machado. We absolutely can't let the Soxs get him and give them a jump start on trying to resign him. We let Houston get Cole right from under us we can't let the Soxs do the same thing with Machado IMO. I found it quite interesting that Machado liked the picture on social media of him in a number 13 yankee jersey like it has been reported. I really think he wants to play for us like it has long been reported and we are making it quite clear we want him badly. As long as they can make the money work which really shouldn't be an issue with resetting the luxury tax and having about 80m to spend this off season. I'd be very surprised if we didn't sign him this winter. He's a 26 yr old generational talent that plays a premium position and he has been way way more consistent yr to yr than Harper has been.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Gardy may be gone soon, next season is an option year (team) at $12.5M. They also love Fraziers bat speed.
    I understand this but you can worry about LF or CF in the offseason. Much more important to get a Machado level player or elite pitching now even if that means moving Frazier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Andujar alone is a lot to give up because he has already proven what he can do against MLB pitching, he has 5yrs of control and an AS type ceiling, Frazier is MLB ready and has a similar AS capable ceiling and yrs of control as well. You could throw in Wade who is MLB ready as well. I'm sure that they would want some MLB ready pitching so offer them 1 or both of Adams and Lasanga. The center pieces for the deal would be Andujar and Frazier who could step in from day one an be impact players for them then tweak the rest of the deal whoever they need to.

I'm not sure how the Mets could turn that down for Degrom. It immediately improves their everyday lineup and they could probably choose from a handful of the specs that are either MLB ready or close. I'm not sure they could possibly hope for a better package for Degrom that helps them Immediately and potentially for many yrs to come. The longer they wait to trade Degrom the more his value goes down and by the time they are ready to compete again he'll have left as a FA. It makes way to much sense for both teams not to make a deal just because they play in the same city.

I have wanted the Yanks to get Machado this winter in FA for a long time but i'm not a fan of paying for him twice. The only way it makes sense to me is they can use Andujar to land an elite arm like Degrom. If Cashman and the rest of the upper management is willing to trade for Machado now and re sign him this off season they must really really want him badly. For as long as i can remember Cashman has refused to pay twice for players which is why i'm not completely buying into us being all in on him now. With as much interest as they are showing in him since this past winter I would be very surprised if they didn't end up with him this winter. That said i still think the Yanks absolute top priority should be landing an elite arm. We need one now to seriously compete for a WS title this yr and were going to need that same kind of arm for yrs going forward.

I do have to say all this talk of going after Machado feel like a total ninja Cashman move, pay attention to what were doing over here then pull of something huge no one is talking about or expecting. I think they will do everything they can to hold onto Sheff in a deal for Machado unless the Soxs are serious about Machado. The Sox farm system is pretty thin right now and ranked in the mid 20's so unless they are willing to deal off the MLB roster i'm not sure they have the ammo to pull of a deal for Machado. I think its more likely we end up with him in FA to save prospects so we don't pay for him twice.

The one thing that would change that IMO is if the Soxs are serious about getting Machado. We absolutely can't let the Soxs get him and give them a jump start on trying to resign him. We let Houston get Cole right from under us we can't let the Soxs do the same thing with Machado IMO. I found it quite interesting that Machado liked the picture on social media of him in a number 13 yankee jersey like it has been reported. I really think he wants to play for us like it has long been reported and we are making it quite clear we want him badly. As long as they can make the money work which really shouldn't be an issue with resetting the luxury tax and having about 80m to spend this off season. I'd be very surprised if we didn't sign him this winter. He's a 26 yr old generational talent that plays a premium position and he has been way way more consistent yr to yr than Harper has been.
    I'm not touching Manny via trade unless he agrees to a contract and I'm not spending the farm on him. He is a luxury, not a necessity. I would rather wait till he hits FA.
    If he really wants to play SS, he's not signing in NY or Boston. I can't see the Sox abandoning Bogarts unless they have the sack to trade a homegrown kid like him.

I agree that he sure seems to want to play in NY and that Cashman probably has some other deal going on to get an arm.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I understand this but you can worry about LF or CF in the offseason. Much more important to get a Machado level player or elite pitching now even if that means moving Frazier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Machado as a rental is worth very little. I agree with the good Doctor. I think the Yankees want to keep Frazier around to play LF or CF. Both Gardner and Hicks's deals are up this year. I could see them bringing back Gardner but I'm not so sure about Hicks. If they are really high on Frazier, Hicks could actually be a good rental for a team or part of a package.

There are very few players for whom I'd part with Frazier. I don't know that addressing CF and LF will be as easy as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm not touching Manny via trade unless he agrees to a contract and I'm not spending the farm on him. He is a luxury, not a necessity. I would rather wait till he hits FA.
    If he really wants to play SS, he's not signing in NY or Boston. I can't see the Sox abandoning Bogarts unless they have the sack to trade a homegrown kid like him.

I agree that he sure seems to want to play in NY and that Cashman probably has some other deal going on to get an arm.
    Go for Donaldson who will cost 1/4 of what machado does. Still go for machado in offseason.

If we do get stuck playing in the wild card game I'd much prefer Manny in our lineup over Andujar. And it's not even close. He'd slot perfectly in the 3 hole between Judge and Mike.
    Gardner at the top.
    A 2-3-4-5 of Judge, Manny, Mike, Gary
    That's some MLB the Show type **** right there.
    Followed by (in no particular order) Hicks, Bird, Gleyber, Didi. That lineup is absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by goingfor28; 07-13-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    If we do get stuck playing in the wild card game I'd much prefer Manny in our lineup over Andujar. And it's not even close. He'd slot perfectly in the 3 hole between Judge and Mike.
    A 2-3-4-5 of Judge, Manny, Mike, Gary
    That's some MLB the Show type **** right there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Imagine if they then went and signed Harper?

Gardner
    Judge
    Harper
    Manny
    Stanton
    Bird
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Torres

Is Hicks a FA already this year? That was quick.

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast