Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Could still happen. One unnamed scouts opinion is all we have. Opinions, like another part of our anatomy, we all have one.

My gut tells me Cash is willing to deal, but on his terms. I'm guessing he hopes O's come back to where he's comfortable not what they demand. I think Sheffield and Frazier is where he's drawing the line, not untouchable in the right deal, but not giving them up for a rental. Just my 2 cents.
    *** holes! Opinions are like *** holes!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    *** holes! Opinions are like *** holes!

Yours is torn up, by rod, and his rod.

Apparently Jon Heyman said on Joe and Evan's show today that he doesn't think the Yankees and Orioles are close to a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yours is torn up, by rod, and his rod.
    Correct. It is super loose. Basically gapes on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by BWilliamsfan51 View Post
    Apparently Jon Heyman said on Joe and Evan's show today that he doesn't think the Yankees and Orioles are close to a deal.
    Boooooo

After all this talk, the Yankees will only end up with Happ. Which will be such a dissapointnent.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    correct. It is super loose. Basically gapes on its own.

Sent from my pixel 2 using tapatalk
    Hehe

Someone needs to explain to me why the dumbass Mets, who have no system and can’t spend to contend, would not take this for Degrom or Thor

Frazier, Estrada, Adams, Wade and Austin.

That’s literally the 4/5 best new guys in their whole system.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Someone needs to explain to me why the dumbass Mets, who have no system and can’t spend to contend, would not take this for Degrom or Thor

Frazier, Estrada, Adams, Wade and Austin.

That’s literally the 4/5 best new guys in their whole system.
    It's a good start, Leo, but I think other teams could top that. If you're just going for one of them (deGrom), I think you're looking at two top specs (Frazier and Sheffield) and another guy like Wade. However, if you roll something like Frazier, Sheffield, Florial, Adams and Wade/Austin you just may get both. Or maybe Andujar, Sheffield, Florial and Adams would be needed... but wouldn't it be worth it? We stockpiled quite a farm for this exact time - to win now and win for a few years.

These Mets aren't rentals and they're prime pitchers (especially deGrom this year). Treat them like Cole as longer-term assets and go all-out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeepeet View Post
    It's a good start, Leo, but I think other teams could top that. If you're just going for one of them (deGrom), I think you're looking at two top specs (Frazier and Sheffield) and another guy like Wade. However, if you roll something like Frazier, Sheffield, Florial, Adams and Wade/Austin you just may get both. Or maybe Andujar, Sheffield, Florial and Adams would be needed... but wouldn't it be worth it? We stockpiled quite a farm for this exact time - to win now and win for a few years.

These Mets aren't rentals and they're prime pitchers (especially deGrom this year). Treat them like Cole as longer-term assets and go all-out for them.
    I would agree, thats why its important to make a decision on Machado ASAP, so you can see what assets you have left should a deal with Baltimore be made. If the Yankees wait until 3:50 on July 31st, they just might miss out on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeepeet View Post

For both, they can pick any 7 guys they want.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I fairly agree with that... I didn't want to get too far into a "Madden" or EA Sports" type offer, but the overall message is that we have built up a huge farm system and the only reason to have them is to win, not just so that you can say that you "have a great farm system". So, I'm with you... open up the cupboards and if it takes Florial, Sheffield, Frazier, Adams, Wade and Andujar, then I do that since I know that I can get hitting elsewhere. The Yankees have current, young hitting and, if they want to open the checkbook, there's Machado and Harper if they feel like doing that next year. But there's never pitching like this.

Simple solution: if the Mets are selling pitching in deGrom and Thor, you buy that pitching because NO ONE should sell pitching like this

Let's say you're stockpiling two dollar bills because you want to have a big collection of them due to their semi-rare properties (like a great farm system). Then you walk by the Tesla dealer and they're selling them for $5 grand but they only accept two dollar bills. You buy them and as many as you can without thinking about it. The two dollar bills are nice but they're currency just like farm players are when you have a major league roster like the yankees' which is young and built to last. Drop off the two dollar bills, drive away with your Tesla and call it a win. Let the dealer start collecting two dollar bills while you drive through the league and the playoffs for the next 4 years in your Tesla.

don't know yanks offer for machado. do know it doesn't include Sheffield or Frazier. they have a long list of fine prospects, however. in any case, doesn't appear sides are close yet.

- Heyman

Sauron will be in the Silver Field section tonight watching the New York M......…..nevermind ………...whoops...…….Oh s#%t...…...…...where do I hit the 'Delete' button around here...……………………………………….

Probably more like 9.

Any Questions?

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast